Cardio Workout For Someone Who is LOUSY at Step!

mbschneider

Cathlete
Hello,
Can someone recommend a great Cathe video for a person who simply cannot follow intricate step patterns? I am looking for a strong workout. However, because I can't do step well I find that I am not as able to focus on the workout and reach the intensity levels that I would like. I suppose I am a fan of the old-school form of high intensity workouts! If Cathe has a great step video that has basic step patterns - that should work too.
Thanks!!
Mary Beth

I would recommend any of Cathe's Kickboxing workouts. Kick, Punch & Crunch, Kick-Max, and Cardio Kicks. Cathe does have a basic step workout too. Have you previewed any of clips on here. They are soo helpful in helping you choose a workout. I couldn't do without those clips. Good luck.

Iris

Hello - I have never tried kickboxing for fear that it could do damage to the back. I suppose I have witnessed one too many poorly instructed kickboxing classes? What are your thoughts? Thanks for replying to my question!!!

Re: Have you tried Drill Max?

I have not - is that a step workout (easy step) or simply a cardio workout? I'll give it a whirl if you think it is what I am looking for. Thank you!!!!!!

Low Impact Step is a great step if you are still learning choreography as so many of Cathes regular moves are explained quite well. Its not as repetitive as Basic Step and has a great Circuit premix and sculpt segment that you can make more challenging by increasing Weight Load. I've had this one sitting for about a year now, pulled it out last week & was so excited that I found another great low impact workout. I was also surprised because I wish I had known (or remembered) it as I was getting comfotyable with step a year ago.

Interval Max is an intense workout with more basic step patterns.
You also might want to try the "Classics" DVD, which has earlier workouts (with more breakdowns of moves on).

I have problems with step too so with Cathe I stick to more of her basic cardio workouts. I love Kick, Punch and Crunch. She gives you basic instructions on all the kicks and punches before the workout that will help you out on form.

I also love Drill Max. It uses the step but the moves are more athletic and are easy to follow. The cardio premixes on Drill Max are great. If you like circuit workouts Boot Camp, High Step Training Advance and High Step Challenge are all fantastic.

Do take a look at Drill Max. It's great!

If you decide to try kickbox, Kick, Punch and Crunch is great too.

Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.