Cardio & Weights dvd

Debinmi

Cathlete
Here's another fun & short step workout to do while awaiting StepBoss. Since the weather in Michigan is not cooperating as much for outdoor cardio, I'm finding I have to do more indoor cardio this month. I did this workout yesterday in place of Slide&Glide in the October 2019 rotation. What fun music & combos. I may do Imax2 for my next step workout too. Made me look forward to the new series.

That's one of my all-time favorite step routines. I just love that one! It's the one I pull out when I don't feel like exercising.

I'm in Michigan, too--we have winter already! I might get to go skiing this weekend. Yay!

That's one of my all-time favorite step routines. I just love that one! It's the one I pull out when I don't feel like exercising.

I'm in Michigan, too--we have winter already! I might get to go skiing this weekend. Yay!
I did Imax2 recently too ... fun music & step choreography. Modified some of the blasts to make them lower impact. Am looking forward to Step Boss next month. I hear Bittersweet, Cannonsburg & Boyne expect to be open this weekend. Enjoy your runs! We enjoy X-country and snowshoeing. I think the snow will be too wet however - too much clumping on the equipment. Hopefully downhill will be good for you.

I have a question about this DVD. In the Beginner Rotation Cathe writes:

I suggest Cardio and Weights as the next stepping stone.
The workouts that you should hold off on for a good few months are all of the Imax workouts (ie: Interval Max, Imax 1, 2 or 3) and any workouts labeled using the words "Extreme or Terminator" in its title.

Is the cardio and weights she’s talking about the one you’re talking about? (It’s also a favorite of mine.)

OR is THIS KineticFlics DVD named Cardio and Weights on she means? I don’t think that they’re the same.

I have a question about this DVD. In the Beginner Rotation Cathe writes:

Is the cardio and weights she’s talking about the one you’re talking about? (It’s also a favorite of mine.)

OR is THIS KineticFlics DVD named Cardio and Weights on she means? I don’t think that they’re the same.

Wow, I've never seen that cover before. The dvd I was referring to is the one with the 2 workouts: Imax2 and Cardio and Weights - it may be from the Intensity series. I also have a Basic Step dvd - it does have a weight workout on it, but the cover is different - I think it's titled Basic Step and Body Fusion. I purchased my copy from Cathe when it was first released. I wonder if the dvd pictured is from the set that included the small club stepper that was released around the same time.

Wow, I've never seen that cover before. The dvd I was referring to is the one with the 2 workouts: Imax2 and Cardio and Weights - it may be from the Intensity series. I also have a Basic Step dvd - it does have a weight workout on it, but the cover is different - I think it's titled Basic Step and Body Fusion. I purchased my copy from Cathe when it was first released. I wonder if the dvd pictured is from the set that included the small club stepper that was released around the same time.
I thought the same but am following the rotation and wondered which DVD it was referencing.

Editing to add that I checked the DVD (duh) and it’s actually Cardio and Weights. The DVD contains Basic Step and Cardio and Weights. The presence of Basic Step had me assuming that it was a beginner WO. Sorry to jump into your thread.

Last edited:
I have the two workout DVD from Intensity Series. Nothing beginner about Imax2. The second workout, Cardio and Weights, is less intense. I don't know how many years I did Imax2 weekly. I am so looking forward to Imax4 (never conquered Imax3).
  • Imax 2 + Cardio & Weights DVD Intensity Series.

I love ❤️ IMAX 2 and Cardio and Weight❤️!

I remember the Elvis Song on Cardio and Weights and you go over the Step and you jump over the step you change and you are at a different direction. It is like the first thing you do. It took me like a year to figure out had turn my body into the step to change direction! But when I got it I was so happy! I did Cardio and Weights when I was like a beginner and I play it over and over to figure it out! And I did! I love the songs on it!
I love IMAX 2! I love her red outfits and the songs! And the step routines are really easy to follow, but the Step blasts are hard! But my favorite is the sumo!
I know what you are saying about IMAX 3! I haven’t master that either! Even some of the Step routines are hard!

JennDen

Also, Cardio and Weights, you do cardio, the Step, part, then you have the weight part, then it goes into the step again. At the end there is an ab part and then a cool down.
Hopes this helps!
JenDen

@
I thought the same but am following the rotation and wondered which DVD it was referencing.

Editing to add that I checked the DVD (duh) and it’s actually Cardio and Weights. The DVD contains Basic Step and Cardio and Weights. The presence of Basic Step had me assuming that it was a beginner WO. Sorry to jump into your thread.

I have both DVDs, the one from the Intensity series with IMAX2 and Cardio and Weights, and the other one with Basic Step and Cardio and Weights. It's the same version of Cardio & Weights. The DVD with Basic Step is the one that came with my club step. I ended up buying the IMAX2/C&W DVD in order to get IMAX2, so now I have two copies of C&W.

I love C&W; it's my go-to workout whenever I've been sick, or unmotivated, or I just can't decide what to do. And back when I was wearing a heart rate monitor, I actually used to burn more calories doing C&W than IMAX2!! o_O

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.