Cardio Supersets, I don't know what it is.....

intensitylisa

Cathlete
with this workout but every time I do this and end up either having to stop and catch my bearings or stop altogether near the end of the workout. The last time I did this workout, I really scared myself as I got soooo dizzy and felt as if I was going to black out. No other workout does this to me. It must be the intensity with little rest in between and my bodily functions can't keep up???? I'm going to scare myself right out of doing this workout. Thoughts welcome!

Are you pausing the workout to catch your breath a bit? I find sometimes that I have to do that until I work up to Cathe & crew's intensity. Are you staying hydrated throughout the workout? It sounds to me like you're getting too overheated. Don't be discouraged - I often have to pause a workout & cool down a bit - I just walk around until the lightheaded feeling goes away.

Hi there Lisa,

I agree with what Jane said. Also, do you eat appropriately beforehand? Personally, if I know I'm doing an intense workout (Imax 3 in my case) I need to eat a small snack of balanced carb/protein (apple w/peanut butter, toast w/peanut butter & 1/2 banana, ect) or else I feel as though I'm going to pass out. I need the fuel to keep me going. Also, do you find yourself dizzy during certain exercises? The burpee's and plank work is a lot of going down and then back up, which could also be making you dizzy. Oh and one more thing to consider, what time(s) are you doing it? I cannot do strenuous cardio in the evening. Last time I did Tabata Inferno at 8pm, I felt extremely nauseous & dizzy even though I have done this workout many times previously and felt fine. Just a few things to consider. HTH!

Take care,

Natasha

**check out this article too. Very informative http://munfitnessblog.com/6-reasons-you-may-feel-dizzy-during-exercise/ **

Last edited:
Hi Lisa,

I also agree with Jane and Natasha. There are multiple things that come into play.

Don't get discouraged. Cardio SuperSets is an awesome workout. It's one of my favorites. Take your breaks as needed and before you know it you'll continue to get better and better and will be able to do more and go longer.

Hang in there!!
Brenda

Thanks for the great advice everyone! I do not think I did eat the last time I attempted this workout. I did it first thing in the morning. Also, I live in Florida so at times it gets extremely humid down here. I do believe it was caused from overheating. I love this workout! It is hard to believe it is low impact, YIkes!

Is the intensity just too much? I often just let my heart rate come down or do just half (half time) the number of repetitions. I tend to think of Cathe's workouts as the ideal rather than the completely real.;)

When the workout first starts out my thought's were "oh this is a piece of cake" so I go full force. When it comes to the mountain climbers and right off from that the step with the side leg raises is where it got me the last time and by the time I realized what had happened I was so scared. I was sweating profusely, and felt like I wanted to throw up and lose all bodily functions. I felt as though I were going to black out! I checked on the internet and it sounded like heat related (the worst kind, I think it was heat exhaustion, I think)

It also sounds a little like low blood sugar. Also, when you do the mountain climbers be sure to keep your head above the heart level. Hope you're OK. Hang in there.

I like to do this workout doing Intervals 5-8 first, then 1-4 and then bonus step. The one time I did the Intervals 1-4 first, it was just too much. Doing 5-8 first is just enough to warm up to do 1-4 which I think are the tougher section.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.