Cardio Suggestions--PLEASE

fourmommy

Cathlete
I was looking for some cardio suggestions of what you consider the best investment would be. Currently I have Low Impact Circuit, Body Max 2, Boot Camp -intensity series, Kick Punch and Crunch. I would greatly appreciate any ideas...when I look I am stumped as to what my next great Cathe purchase should be.

Thanks

Beth

I like Imax 2 and 3. If you like Kick, Punch, & Crunch you may want to get Kick Max as well. I am really hoping to get the new Shock Cardio when it comes out depending on what kind of equipment you need and how much space. I did KP&C today and loved it!

some of my cathe workouts get more use than others not only because they are awesome (!!) but because of all of the premixes and options. Besides what you have (some of my faves!), others I use a lot are:

step jump and pump/step blast - i assume you like fun step choreo if you like bm2 and LIC... the choreo and music are super on these, there are so many premixes, and the chaptering is perfect so you can create your own, too! i use this one as much as bm2.

4DS - this is an investment but you get a lot for the $$. personally i just love the 2 steps in this, lots of premixes.

imax2/cardio & wts - FAB music on these, super fun choreo, tons o'premixes, and imax2 is in a class of its own as far as intervals, i had never done anything like that and i cant do it all the way thru right now...

have fun choosing - check out the clips for these!

I love the versatility of the 4DS - four different cardios (excellent Kickbox) and two very fun step workouts. You can do them separately for a shorter cardio segment or use the premixes for an hour long session.

Step Blast is also a fun workout! Great music and a fun 13 minute intensity blast at the end.

If you are up for a challenge - try Hardcore Extreme - it has Imax3, KM and High Step Challenge and Low Max compiled into three longer workouts. Hard - but fun and worth the money. I sometimes splice together all the Imax 3 segments in a workout.

Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I have longingly looked at 4DS for some time now and maybe I'll put it on Christmas wish list but can't swing it right now.
I have been looking at kick max and step blast as well. I'll have to look at Imax 2 as well.
I think I'll save Hardcore Extreme for my plateau blaster as I am trying to lose weight and I must say that Cathe has helped this be a success for me. I love her product and I do love her step choreography.

I had also looked at low max...any thoughts on this one?

Thanks again for your assistance. Now decisions, decisions.
Beth

I am relatively new to Cathe (July, this year) and started at the beginning with Basic Step, then moved onto Low Impact Step. Both of those I conquered relatively easy. Low Max was my next step adventure. Took a little longer to get the steps down - a bit more confusing then the 1st two I tried. However, I tried the whole DVD the first time and got frustrated because I had a hard time with the step moves. I then realized one of the premixes had only the step routines on it so I continued to do just the step portion 3-4 times till I had a pretty good handle on the moves. I'm now ready to put it all together again and do it start to finish. I think I would have thrown in the towel otherwise. I have 6 other Cathe DVD's that I purchased in the last month that are still in the wrapper. Not to overwhelm myself, I'm doing them one at a time till I feel I can get the moves down pat. Anyway, Low Max is a great workout. The intensity blasts are tough. I was sweating up a storm when I did it straight through. So I have 2 more weeks of Low Max then I'm breaking out the "Low Impact Circuit" or maybe "Kick Max" to give my body a break from the step for a few weeks.

Thanks bunches!!

Hey
Thanks Nico and Ruthie for your input. I am trying to lose weight and fat and appreciate your suggestions.

Beth

Beth, I'm trying to lose weight too, that's why I'm focusing 80% on cardio and 20% on weights right now. The more I lose, the more I'm increasing that weight percentage. I too, want to get 4 Day Split but I know I'm not "there" yet. My DH is heading to the states the end of August - I may ask him to have a look for some DVD's for me. (We live in Canada and the exchange / shipping is a little more costly) I'm sending him with my wish list!! With my hectic schedule this month, I'm barely managing 3 workouts a week but I'm hoping to increase that as I've decreased the hours I work at my second job! This week will be 3 x Low Max start to finish (no premixes). Then next week, I'll break out a new one to try.
Good Luck and I too appreciate any feedback you have on any Cathe DVD's.

a couple of ideas

How much do you want to spend? I'm guessing its in the 30-50 dollar range since 4-dS is going on the x-Mas list. (my typo was X-Max!)

How about RS? It comes with three workouts and they are all cardio focused. Also, if you like retro workouts Cardio Classics is nice too. I should warn you SB is very advanced so if you are easing into it don't do that one first.

If you are limited by the number of workouts per week I would suggest one of each type like doing one kick box workout, one steady state step and one circuit.

Ruthie- You want to do LM 3x in one week? Holy cow you are going to have the butts of steel, I don't think I could manage that! I am super impressed!

I had also looked at low max...any thoughts on this one?

Beth

Yes.. low max is awesome. I was worried it wouldn't be as hard as some of cathe's other cardio dvds.. but boy was I wrong. The pain in my legs (good pain) is worse after this dvd than any other! And it is a sweatfest! I recommend it :)

We'll see how it goes!!! LOL. I just hate not doing something from start to finish. Now that I've done the step premix in LM enough that I feel comfortable that I'm not going to trip over my feet or the step, I want to put it all together again!! The first time I did it start to finish I was "dripping" and I even just watched a lot of the steps cause I couldn't catch on that quickly. But the blasts are definitely intense.
I do like your idea of doing 3 different type workouts in one week. I have so many of them now that are new because I just rec'd 7 new ones, I'm really going through a learning phase before I can honestly set myself up on a rotation that I will truly benefit from. Once I can get through LM confidently, then I'll move onto the next DVD which will probably be Low Impact Circuit or Kick Max. That is why I'm striving to do LM 3x this week. Butts of Steel here I come - funny for you to say that as just this past weekend I was wondering what workouts I could do that would benefit my otherwise "flat" butt!! Gravity has certainly taken it's toll. I could use a "lift" in that area. Maybe I should open up the Butts & Guts DVD next!! (Can't, I'm too scared yet!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.