Cardio or weights first?

amyleew

Since I started doing Cathe workouts late last year I have really just focused on doing the step workouts. I have been doing the Core Max stability ball workout lately and I want to do some of the upper and lower body workouts on the Body Fusion DVD too.

Is there a particular order I should be doing them? Do I do the step workout first then do say, a 20 minute upper body workout from the other DVD or do I do the upper first then cardio last? Is it really just your preference or are there rules to it?

I do weights first, then cardio. I don't like feeling sweaty when I start lifting, and I like to start with fresh muscles. I don't think you can go wrong either way, there are plenty of studies out there that site the advantages of both ways, but they can never pin point it down to specifics. So I just do what feels best for me.

I do weights first, then cardio. I don't like feeling sweaty when I start lifting, and I like to start with fresh muscles. I don't think you can go wrong either way, there are plenty of studies out there that site the advantages of both ways, but they can never pin point it down to specifics. So I just do what feels best for me.

Me, too!! I hate being sweaty and lifting weights. I get cold and it feels oh so gross
to me ;)But, having said that, all of my fitness friends like to do cardio first.

For a while last year I was doing a little DIY rotation using 4DS. I decided to try doing weights first and I really liked it. By the time I was done with the weights the cardio felt like a treat!

For a while last year I was doing a little DIY rotation using 4DS. I decided to try doing weights first and I really liked it. By the time I was done with the weights the cardio felt like a treat!

Love your signature line, I think I resemble that! - As normal as weird gets.

If I'm doing both, and have the time, I do cardio empty. Then have my smoothie and wait about 1 hr. Then lift. I agree that I don't like to be sweaty. I usually do grungy stuff like housework in between so I don't think about it :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.