Cardio leg blast=ankle sprain

tlc93

Cathlete
In over 20 years of working out, I have only fallen off my step 2 times!!! Yesterday I was doing cardio leg blast from Xtrain. It was near the end, with the step segment of knee up and lunge down (like a charleston)...quickly. Sweat was dripping off my nose and chin....I was in heaven! I stepped too close to the edge, the step flipped left and my foot rolled right. I was on my butt in a hurry! My ankle was on fire! I kept thinking it would feel better but eventually ended up in the ER.

Bad ankle sprain, purplish and puffy foot. I'll be in a boot for a week or so. Getting fidgety and want to move.

After I fell, I rolled around for a few minutes holding my ankle as if it was going to blast off my body completely! I gathered my wits, propped my feet on the step and finished with crunches.

Love that workout!:eek:

After I fell, I rolled around for a few minutes holding my ankle as if it was going to blast off my body completely! I gathered my wits, propped my feet on the step and finished with crunches.

Love that workout!:eek:

If this was FB, twitter, or instagram, I would be typing "#inspiration" right now. :D

Make sure you elevate it above your heart if it's swollen. You'll be back to working out soon enough! :)

Oh my! I hope you get better soon. CLB is one of my favorite Cathe workouts. I literally can sing the track of the song that was playing on the video when you fell. ;) If you were doing that part on a 10" step, which you probably were if you were following everybody else in the video, it is easier to get into the mood of the song, forget to watch your step for a nanosecond, and lose your balance. I have been doing step for a long time and the few times I fell the step was higher than 6", I got distracted, and lost my balance. Last year I wanted to add some intensity to LIC and did it on a 10 incher, whoa.... Yeah I almost fell a few times. I don't think I would recommend that ever unless it's someone really experienced, with good knees, and well cushioned shoes. The thing with going with a 10 inch step height (or higher) is that we cannot lose our focus, at that height it is easier to lose our balance. Take good care of yourself. :)

This and ice packs if it's swollen. And if the pain is unbearable it's time to visit the doctor.

Yep. And if you haven't started taking NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Ibuprofen is a wonderful stacking drug. It's best to take it every 6-8 hours for a few days for best results.

You are a true Cathlete to the CORE!

Take care of that ankle ... you'll have a week to focus on upper body. ;)

That is too funny!!!!! Awesome play on words! Love that! I giggled like a 2 year old when I read that! Thank you!!! And.....you read my mind! Upper body is exactly what I was thinking while sitting in the ER.

Thanks for all the good vibes Cathletes! I appreciate your kindness. :D

Take care of that ankle ... you'll have a week to focus on upper body. ;)

My thoughts exactly. If you're feeling up to it, work your upper body hard this next week. I had foot surgery a few years ago and spent the last 4 weeks of my 6 week recovery doing workouts like PUB, S&H UB, and Gym Styles UB. Plus, you've already proven that you can do ab work still!

Most importantly get better soon! Do whatever it takes to make that happen. Cathe will be on the shelf waiting for you when you're ready (she lives in her DVD boxes, doesn't she?). :p

My hat's off to you. I sprained my ankle doing a KCM step workout a couple of years ago. I did the rolling around on the ground thing, but not the let's finish with crunches part. Hope you are back on your feet soon!

I did the same thing years ago with IMAX 2, one of the blasts. It made me terrified of doing it ever again. I think it took me 6 months before I ever used it again. So glad I got over that one because I love that workout. Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Get better quick! Injuries suck but sometimes they seem to be a fact of life for dedicated Cathletes!

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.