cardio kicks vx. Tae Bo

CarenG

Cathlete
Hello!

I just started using MIS & Power Hour a few weeks ago and I love them. For cardio, I have been doing Tae Bo for quit sometime, but even the advanced Tae Bo are getting pretty easy because he always stops to show self defense moves, technique checks, toning moves, etc., so I feel like I am getting shorted on cardio. So I am looking for a workout similar to Tae Bo but just straight cardio all the way through and I am thinking about trying Cathe's cardio kicks.

If you have done cardio kicks, how do you like it? If you have also done Tae Bo, how does it compare?

Thanks!

Caren:)

Cardio Kicks is an EXCELLENT workout, I was sore for two days after doing this workout. I can't wait to do it again, its on my rotation next week. The end part of this workout, Cathe has you punching really hard in different ways and your upper body will feel it and be screaming at you the next day. Love this workout and I think you will benefit a lot from this workout.
Debbie in OH

Hey Debbie,

Another good one (a little shorter) is on the CTX DVD's - I think its just called CTX Kickbox. The whole CTX series is great - 30 minute cardio workouts with lots of variety!

Buy it all!

Just having fun with your money :)

Cardio Kicks is much more high-impact / high-intensity cardio-based workout when compared to Taebo. Honestly, since you asked, I prefer Taebo because it is low-impact. However, CK is a great workout. You should definitely add it to your "collection." }(

Watch out when you do CK...you WILL be very sore for a few days! :p

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lach.gif[/img]

I agree with everyone else on Cardio Kicks! I love it! You can make it as hard or easy as you want. I just did it this morning and it always kicks my butt! I have also done TaeBo Get Ripped which I like also, but Cathe never stops...you are in continual movement which I think you'll like.

Also, Cathe always does the same thing on both sides the same number of times! I always find this frustrating with TaeBo that he sometimes forgets to do the other side or the same number of reps on each side.

I do both Tae Bo and Cardio Kicks (as well as my favorite--Powerstrike). They are both good, but different. At first I didn't like Cardio Kicks as much, because there are more hi-lo type moves and the gang's form isn't as pristine as that of martial arts people like Billy and Illaria Montanari (from Powerstrike), but I warmed up to it (and ignore the form--which, by the way, improve in Boot Camp!).

If you're looking for a kickboxing-based hi-lo workout, Cardio Kicks is it. If, however, you're looking for more authentic kickboxing moves and a workout based more on drills (kicks and punches), then I highly recommend Powerstrike (Millenium I and II are good, as is Millenium III, though III is a bit slower at getting to the intense moves. Actually, if you can stand less-than-great production values--sound and picture--and can find them on Ebay, some of the earlier Powerstrike videos are better than the Milleniums).

Tae Bo Ulitmate lower body and upper body are compilation DVD's that cut out a lot of the "chatter" between moves...but even with editing, there are still miscounts--though not as bad as on Ultimate buns and ultimate abs, which I quickly got rid of).

Personally, I'm glad Billy stops to show those self-defense moves and technique checks. They came in really handy a year ago and helped me out of a sticky situation in a parking lot.

I'm happy to give up a little cardio in order to have some idea about how to protect myself.

RE: cardio kicks vs. Tae Bo

Cathe's CArdio Kicks is definitely higher intensity and impact than Tae Bo. I'd say Cathe's is cardio that is stylized like kickboxing whereas Tae Bo is kickboxing stylized to be a cardio workout.

One that I find blends the cardio intensity with good kickboxing instruction and form is Aaron Lankford's Power Kicks. He's a great blend of the best of Cathe and Billy. I wasn't a huge fan of the Powerstrike Milleniums--I didn't find them to be nearly as intense as Cardio Kicks nor did they have Cathe's excellent production quality nor the good music of Tae Bo.

I have both Tae Bo and Cardio Kicks. They are both fun, but I thinks Cathe is better!

Ok, gotta do my traditional vote for Powerstrike here. I feel this one so much more than Cardio Kicks (except for the power drills section, which I think is awesome). I think it has to do with concentrating on my form more. And Ilaria is SO motivating. I like the more powerful feel of it. It seems more like true kickboxing and it is lower impact, which is always good. The cardio stays just as intense for me though. If you are hesitant, try to acquire these at a a cheaper price than on their website. They really were well worth it to me.

www.powerstrike.com

Janice

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.