Cardio Coach V8 - Whoa

Janis

Cathlete
I just finished Volume 8

Volume 8 is all about hill climbs. I loved it. I really did. I absolutely loved the continuous stream of positive messages in this volume. Just when I was flagging Coach Sean would say exactly what I needed to hear.

Although I must confess during one of the hill climbs in challenge two I took a break on the side rails to drink some water and give myself a pep talk. I needed one more break during a challenge 3 hill climb, but other than that - I stuck with it.

Post-recovery my lungs feel really open, the endorphins are flowing, and life is good.

Note to self - next time do not do volume 8 in a fasted state and make sure to head into it well hydrated. I had my morning cup of tea before embarking on this journey, being slightly dehydrated was not the way to start out.

:D

Great going! And thanks for the heads-up/reminder about having fuel and water ahead of time. I think this was part of my problem with my last CC. That's wonderful that you're feeling so open and energized now.

I think Vol 8 may be my fave!! The 2nd challenge is not so bad anymore. It took me a while to figure that one out. It is long and tough, but doable. The 3rd challenge is a whole 'nother monster. Who the heck puts 4 level 4s at the end of a workout with very little rest?? I'm tired by that point. I spend most of the 3rd challenge alternating btwn thinking I'm almost done and praying to pass out:D:p:p

Nan

i've never used cardio coach. which would you recommend for running outdoors?? thanks for your input.

i've never used cardio coach. which would you recommend for running outdoors?? thanks for your input.

"Miss Lee" , Michele, is the expert, but I'd say any of the CC workouts could be used outside. V3, 6, 7 or 8 especially so.

Some people are making their own re-mixes, and some are doing all of V1, 2 or 3 and adding a challenge from a different volume to create a slightly longer workout.

Hi! The expert here (said tongue in cheek :p :D). Any of the workouts would be fine outside, but Volumes 5 and 7 have a faster tempo and were created with runners in mind. Volume 4 is very popular with runners, too. Volume 3 is similar to Volume 5 and has 2 sprint challenges, but it's a bit shorter and less intense than V5. The great thing about CC is that each segment is on a separate track making it easy to customize the workouts by skipping or repeating challenges. They are awesome workouts. You really can't go wrong!! ;) :D

ETA I'm new to running and I've been training for a 5K with Volume 1. It's short but it kicks my arse, that's for sure!

Last edited:
"Miss Lee" , Michele, is the expert, but I'd say any of the CC workouts could be used outside. V3, 6, 7 or 8 especially so.

Some people are making their own re-mixes, and some are doing all of V1, 2 or 3 and adding a challenge from a different volume to create a slightly longer workout.
Oh you're too much! :p :D :D :D

And you make a good point! You can easily mix and match tracks from the various workouts to make your own, custom workout! I like t o do this with PUMP by alternating cardio challenges with weight circuits from the PUMP workout. :eek: :D

I'm not a regular outdoor runner since I started up again just in time for the summer heat, but I have used V4 several times and it seems to work really well for me.

I'm using Vol 1 right now and that's enough to kick my behind! I'm new to running as well! I really love these workouts and can't wait to get as good as these other super fit people here!

Tricia

This thread caught my attention as CC Vol 8 is one of those workouts that I've owned for a while but I keep avoiding it because I'm scared of it! I feel like such a wimp saying that. Lol... I guess I just need to go for it. :)

CC8 is up for tomorrow AM

Did CC7 last evening-first time doing cardio coach-LOVED IT!!! I have several itrain and the biggest differences I've noticed so far-when Coach Sean says 30 seconds left-he's telling the truth, sometimes Grace can stretch 30 seconds into 2 minutes. The music is better IMO, adjusts better to the effort, and although I enjoy Grace's coaching-I'd say Coach Sean is better at saying what I need, when I need it! I think these programs could kick my running up a notch-I had the TM cranked to 8.0 mph for the sprints-something I've never done...the challenges are hard but entirely doable!
thanks to everyone for being such enablers...I truly appreciate the input!
julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.