Can't do step without hurting myself

Cathe, I love your strength training videos, but I can't do step aerobics. I have two left feet and I get so frustrated trying to do step that I don't get an aerobic challenge from it. I choose to run for my cardio. I love your boot camp DVD because I can handle jumping jacks etc without falling over. Are you planning on another video of this type? I would love it. Boot camp is great. The time just flies.

Not Cathe, but...

have you tried her KPC tape? I am AWEFUL at step aerobics. I am so clumsy. Even simple step routines take me 5 plus tries before I have it figured out...mostly. I love her KPC tape and find it easy to follow but very challenging. Just a thought...

I feel that sometimes the choregraphy is a bit much, I like a very direct approach, but aside from that I also just like the option of doing cardio on the floor especially after a weight training session.

Two words - Cardio Kicks! I LOVE this workout. I have the step workouts but Cardio Kicks has a huge fun factor for me - and it is tough. I have been doing step for about a year and though I enjoy that too, I don't look forward to doing it like I do Cardio Kicks. I am looking forward to KPC!:)

I've never tried this myself, so I don't know if it will work or not, but can Cathe's step videos be modified to the floor? Just don't use a step, that's all.

Me Either!!

I am such a klutz! I have learned to try and laugh at myself and to appreciate the workout that I AM getting in just trying to get the steps down and not kill myself falling off. But, I oftten opt for a run on cardio days. ;)

I stick to Bootcamp and hope to order some more non step Cathe DVD's, when I want a Cathe cardio to sweat to. Imax II makes me look like a :+ .

I'd like to address the question about modifying Cathe's step aerobics to floor moves. I have done it with Get In Shape For Your Wedding and the aerobic section of MIC. I was out of energy after a long day at the office but I still wanted to feel like I had done something for myself. Give it a try...takes a little practice but not impossible.

By the way, I'm a fellow klutz. I have the skid marks on the side of my step to prove it;-)

I'm soooo glad to hear I'm not the only one that isn't into step. I was about to post a question to see if I'm missing anything choosing to run or do KPC or TaeBo for cardio. I've read so many people raving about the step workouts I felt like I needed to try them even though I'm uncoordinated when it comes to that type of areobic coreography as well. Now I don't feel so bad. Maybe I will stick to kickboxing afterall, unless someone has some compelling info that could change my mind, however I think you need to choose something you love or you won't be motivated to do it. Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.