Can't connect to live

What about if I’m using iPad, Apple TV devices?

Hi josiebarr, I doubt your device has anything to do with the problem your having. Since you can use cellular you can rule your device out as being the issue. Most routers cache DNS addresses. Usually, your ISP can flush the cache on your router. I don't think your router is the issue, but I can't rule it out yet. Did you ask your ISP if they could flush your router's cache.

As of this point in time it seems to indicate that the problem is more likely with a few ISP's either blocking the cloud server you're trying to reach to play Cathe Live or with their DNS servers. I've spoken with IBM several times today and they are finally starting to get other companies reporting the same thing as we have all week. It would be very helpful if you and others could answer these three questions if possible:

1. Using your Mac or PC and a browser try to play a video. When it fails I need you to do the following:
a) right-click on the player > select "Report PlayBack Issue"Then answer the question "What problem have you encountered" by selecting screen goes black > then click send> copy the code you see and paste it here in your reply.
2. Next, Again using your Mac and a browser try to play a video. When it fails I need you to do the following:
a) right-click on the player and select "Display Stats" scroll down and you will see "Current Provider" which shows the server you're connecting to. You will see something like. Here is the server: (i need you to copy the link you see). It will look similar to the following:
https://uhsakamai-a.akamaihd.net/sj...e8593fd96f0d/0/32132664144000/plain/improved/
3. Next, Again using your Mac and a browser try to play a video. When it fails I need you to do the following:
a) select "Display Debug Console" Copy and paste any errors you see under "PlayBack"

Answering these questions and telling us who and where your ISP is will help us determine if our current theory is correct.

Hi fitnation, we've been updating everyone all weekend. We're still waiting to get feedback from everyone. We've heard from a few you, but we need to collect as much data as possible and need to hear from more people. We especially need to know your ISP and other information as we outlined above.

Other streaming companies are reporting the same issues as everyone here has, so that's good as it will help IBM trace the source of the issue. Currently, the thought is that the problem is caused by ISP's that have updated to the latest version of Power DNS. This is currently only a working theory and is still being investigated.

Hi fitnation, we've been updating everyone all weekend. We're still waiting to get feedback from everyone. We've heard from a few you, but we need to collect as much data as possible and need to hear from more people. We especially need to know your ISP and other information as we outlined above.

Other streaming companies are reporting the same issues as everyone here has, so that's good as it will help IBM trace the source of the issue. Currently, the thought is that the problem is caused by ISP's that have updated to the latest version of Power DNS. This is currently only a working theory and is still being investigated.

Thank you for the update.

I just sent a message to support. Are you ladies still having issues with Cathe Live videos?

Hello.

Per this message in the Cathe forum, I am contacting you about not being able to stream Cathe Live videos.

We're not able to duplicate this, but we have had four people report this issue to us at[email protected]. If you're having an issue make sure to contact customer support with the following information:

1. Type of device your playing on. I stream from my computer to TV via Chromecast. I have the app on my iphone, and the videos do not play on my iphone either.
  2. browser. Google Chrome
  3. operating system. Windows, I'm not sure where to locate version.
  4. Does the problem affect all or only some videos. All Cathe Live videos. Cathe On-Demand videos are working fine (as are Netflix, Hulu, etc)
  5. Give us the name of at least one video you tried. Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing, Cardio Leg Party. I have gone through my phone and computer and tried to load dozens of videos.
  6. Any error message you see. On my phone it says, "Disconnected. Trying to reconnect. " My computer screen is just black.
Since we can't duplicate this issue, we need as much information as possible to try to figure this out.

Hi Terrydee and everyone else, though nothing is confirmed the evidence strongly points to this problem being caused when a few ISP's upgraded to a new PowerDNS that enabled a security check for what is called "dnssec". About 75% of the people that have reported this issue are using Optimum/Cablevision as their ISP.

We currently use IBM streaming for Cathe Live and they don't support "dnssec" . This is true of many other companies too. Hence, the reason your videos are not playing. IBM has contacted PowerDNS and the parent company of the ISP's as this will have to be fixed at their end, but they have not heard back yet. I'll update everyone once we know more, but I think we now know the cause of the problem and now we have to see if ISP's can fix this.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.