Can we PLEASE have a snow day on a weekday???

Govtgirl

Cathlete
...instead of Friday or Saturday, where it doesn't do anybody any good??

Last week, it snowed on Saturday, right when my sister and I had hair and nails and shopping planned, and the snow blew it all to h*ll. I was stuck on I-95 in tears I was so mad and scared I'd be in a wreck.

Now they're calling for snow again in Virginia...yes, please, let's get this over with on a TUESDAY so we can go into work late (or not at all!) on Wednesday so I can get my hair done and meet my sister on Saturday!! Grr! Grr!!!

I think you're on the wrong website for that request. Cathe's great, but she's not God! Can you imagine God's website? Maybe they'd have different forums for different religions, with check in groups for sinners and God popping in once in a while to do a pre-sale on the next big natural disaster.

Govtgirl, where in Virginia are you? I live in Harrisonburg, an we got a couple of inches yesterday. I work for the court system and they almost never close, but it is looking like I will at least get to go in late.

Now, there is another storm looming for the weekend.....:confused:

Delays and Closings in Maryland...

...means I have time for High Step Challenge AND I can finish my presentation for Saturday (in case we don't get the next anticipated snow storm)!

Please no! Work does not shut down, I have to go in anyway, and we in Illinois are tired of cold and ice and snow! Of course more is predicted on Friday.

Hey Katie, I'm in Fredericksburg! :eek:
Yeah, we got some snow, but not enough to even get to go in late. Last night my husband had to drive in it and he said it was baaaaaad.

But mostly I'm just peeved that we are supposed to dumped on again this Saturday, and ok...this is very, very, important......my sister and I have to get our hair done!! :p

We already had to cancel last week, and we are looking positively scruffy now. Plus, we just like to get together and have lunch and do the basic girl's day thing. She lives in Maryland, so we both meet up at Tyson's Corner Mall in Reston which is halfway for both of us.

Sigh. Just stomping my foot a bit, that's all!

Bwaaa, haaa, haaa!

His website would be down all the time due to too much activity! :eek:
There wouldn't be a server or a series of servers big enough or fast enough to handle the load!

I think you're on the wrong website for that request. Cathe's great, but she's not God! Can you imagine God's website? Maybe they'd have different forums for different religions, with check in groups for sinners and God popping in once in a while to do a pre-sale on the next big natural disaster.

while i am all for snow i missed enough work with exam week, winter break etc in the last two months. that if i don't get back to work soon i won't have a paycheck. the school nutrition bosses won't let me use sick time i have to make up for this b/c "its not fair to those that don't have anytime left". even dh second job closed up b/c of the ice and snow. not sure what you got your way but after 1 1/2 of snow we now have 3/4 inch of ice on our roads :( and now our city council still haven't let VDOT move funds from other areas into snow/ice clean up and salting. ah i am so glad we picked lynchburg to live(sarcasm LOL).

kassia

I'm withya. Gov't Girl. I'm in Maryland and there was no street clearing on Saturday or Sunday...but last night, they were out plowing and treating the roads like crazy. Don't they understand?? I don't actually WANT to go to work! They could be conserving their plowing budget by only plowing on Friday nights instead of working during the week...

Another Marylander here (Rockville) who would like it to snow during the week instead of the weekend. At this point, I am actually tired of snow and ready for spring to arrive. I am getting bored with the shovelmax workout.

Another Marylander here (Rockville) who would like it to snow during the week instead of the weekend. At this point, I am actually tired of snow and ready for spring to arrive. I am getting bored with the shovelmax workout.

ME TOO. I have to shovel out my car, a path to my car, sidewalks, and a path for my dogs to walk on (the doggies are about 14-15 inches tall, the snow is 20"). I keep having fantasies about packing up the car and driving someplace warm until spring.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.