can someone PLS Help me make a rotation???

jentrudel

Cathlete
Hello... I was wondering if anyone out there can help me with doing a monthly (or 2 month) rotation with the cathe Dvds i have... I have recently finished all the low impsct series set and getting to need to change it up with other dvds i have... I LOVE to work out 6 days aweek with one day off and everyday i do about 60-90min long! PLEASE HELP??!?!?
I have:
All the cathe low impact series (EXCEPT LOW IMPACT Challange)
KPC with Lower body dvd
muscle max dvd
high reps dvd
travel fit dvd

thats about it... I want more later:)) what can do with these?? Iam looking to really tone and firm more (add muscle) loose some extra fat storage and inches ... weight would be nice too but if iam muscle I will be happy :rolleyes:
you are so appreciated and i thankyou so much in advance...
like i said i just finished the entire low impact series rotation that was posted right after the dvds were released:))
Thanks Jen:)

That's really tough; there are a couple of people in the forum who are really good at creating workouts so maybe they will get a chance to blog in soon.

Here is something, though:
Take advantage of the premixes on all the DVDs.
I am not too familiar with the premixes since I generally just do the DVDs in their entirety but some of them (if not all) have a Cardio Only premix.

Here is a sample for 2 weeks that you might use as a model but of course accommodate it anyway you see fit (pun not intended:)

Do a (1) Circuit,
2) Cardio,
3) Weights,
4) Cardio,
5) Circuit,
6) Weights

Then do a (1) Cardio/Upperbody
2) Cardio/Lowerbody
3) Circuit
4) Cardio Only
5) Weights
6) Cardio Only

You will want to definitely rotate all your DVDs; do them all and then go back to the beginning.

Remember that for strength workouts (Muxcle Max, Trisets, etc) you will want to space out those types of workouts for at least 2-3 days.

Cathe's recent newsletter said that it's okay to do a circuit before or after a weight workout because it's mostly cardio; also, they don't strain each muscle group the way a strength workout does.

I hope that helps. Have fun:)

did quite a few with this arrangement and I liked it...

1) Circuit (I used Low Impact Circuit, Step Jump & Pump, High Step Challenge, like those)
2) Kickbox (Kick Punch & Crunch, Kickmax) Or you could sub a HIIT here I used Intensity
3) Total Body (STS Total Body, Muscle max) heavier weight work
4) rest day or lighter weights, more reps, (High Reps, Pyramid Upper Body)
5) If you had the rest day, Lower body (Lower Body Blast, Legs & Glutes or any one of her, hurt me, lower body numbers, ha) or rest here.
6) Step Cardio - medium cardio steady state, step (medium intensity - Rhythmic Step, Step Blast, Low Max)
7) Rest if you haven't, if you have, Light cardio Step, from the Classics, Step Jam, Step heat)

I don't have the Low Impact Series so pick something close, it's this general order...

Circuit
Kickbox
Hiit
Heavy weights
lighter weights
lowerbody*
medium intensity cardio
low intensity cardio

You could easily stretch these out over 10 days to 2 weeks if you want or need additional days off.

*no more than 2 weight days in a row. I did quite a few rotations with this general order of workouts, lost 30 lbs. in 15 months. Love that Cathe. oh, yeah, because I did that then, I've run over 1400 miles in the last year, so you just never know what you'll end up accomplishing when you start with Cathe.

Good Luck with it! :)

PLEASE HELP MORE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!

thanks u guys... iam still pretty confused tho... lol!!! I am pretty hard on knowing EXACTLY what to do... See if Its NOT written out for me I tend to TOTALLY OVER TRAIN and hurt myself .... Anyway what is the diff between Cardio and circuit???? and when is it o.k... to do say like a full body wt training and then a curcuit?? Or do i do a curcuit, then cardio then day later do a wt training??? and which do i do with the dvds I DO HAVE??? HELP??? Thanks Means ALOT... I really need this running out of ideas, lol!!!:confused:
Thanks again!!!

I understand, Jen.
The trouble is that it's hard to plan a workout program! LOL! For this reason I sometimes do Cathe's rotations but other times I like to wing it with what I feel like doing... after a couple weeks I run into trouble wondering "what should I do now?!"

Why not use Cathe's LIS rotation but then sub your other ones sometimes? One week do Muscle Max instead of TriSets. One week day do both but on one do Upper body and the other one do Lower body, and add in High Reps somewhere. One week do KPC instead of Slide & Glide.

112toguru also suggested a great plan.

Here's a tip; mark a calender (I have a Cathe calender:)) each day of what you do; then you can keep track of what you've done recently and what you haven't done in a while.
That will help you keep rotating your workouts.

As for what you asked regarding circuit and weights, you can do it either way. Do a yoga (strength/endurance/flexibility) or a cardio (premix) the next day. Whatever you feel your body needs.

Natty posted in the forum an article about OVERTRAINING; if you have any of those symptoms then back off the intensity.

I don't have anything else to offer so I really hope this helps.
Good luck and have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.