Can anyone believe it's June!!!!

Hi Catherine, I'm right there with you. This morning I was telling the Precious Angels they only have 3 more Monday's of school after today.

This year is absolutely flying by. I'm looking forward to having them out of school - at least for the no-homework bit. I'll probably be pulling my hair out after a week or so. :)

Got big plans for the summer?

I had to turn on the A/C last night. What the heck. I am not a summer person by any means. It was ok during the day, and it was decent out last night, but the breeze decided to stop blowing in my windows. Yes, just in MY windows. It was breezy outside but not coming in the windows. About 1045 last night I caved and turned it on. Ahhhh, sweet money-sucking relief!! Its off again this morning and although its supposed to be warm today, hopefully it can stay off!!! My house never seems to get hot til about 730 at night, when I want to start getting comfy and relaxed. Bring on the snow shovels, I say!!!

Although, that mean next month is July, which means Christmas in July!!! Falalalala Lalalala!!!

Nan

Where does time go? I can't believe it is June already. June is one of the busiest for me this year; youngest daughter's birthday, father's day, husband's birthday, oldest daughter prom and grad - ouch on my funds!!

I am right there with you Catherine! I cannot believe it is June yet either. I only have 4 weeks now to get in "vacation" shape and I just ate some chocolate donuts this morning - AUGGGHHHH!!!! :eek:

I know! My kids just had their last day of school today, and this month is already booked w/ lessons, camps, and vacation!! The summer will be gone in a blink too!! :eek:

I definitely can't believe it and I'm freaking out because my 1st baby is due in August!!! :eek: So much to do before then and the time just flying right by isn't helping!

Catherine, mostly just driving my kids here and there (all the while cringing about gas prices).

DS has a summer program, DD will be mostly chillaxing as she says. I'll be working.

I am going down to Maryland in a few weeks to visit my sister so that will be a bit of fun. I almost never go anywhere just for fun.

I'm hoping for a little down-time with SO, maybe a little hiking.

I have a son in 5th grade and he commented on how fast the year went by. Kids aren't supposed to feel that way. I remember when I was in school thinking that the year lasted forever. Now my kids make comments on how quickly time passes. Our lives have gotten so busy that days turn into weeks and weeks into months. Before you know it, we will be attending the Silver Sneakers classes at the gym. Yikes!

No it really doesn't feel like June at all. Especially since we are mostly having to still bring jackets everywhere. This is our first June in Michigan and it's odd (to us) how chilly it still is! Today's high is only 65--and that's much warmer than it has been.

Lina, it's become very crazy to be a kid these days. When I tell people that my DD isn't "doing" anything really for the summer I almost feel apologetic! She is doing a one week cooking course at the youth center. Other than that...nada. She'll be hanging around with her step-mom while I'm at work.

DS has a summer program due to his disability and he loves it and it helps with his need for structure. But, there again, outside that program, he'll just be a relaxing kid.

I think most kids are just scheduled down to the last minute. They don't have time to get bored and therefore find things to do to entertain themselves. I think they need down time to recuperate from the school year (Heaven knows I do!)
But, sorry for the rant.

;)

Thank you! Last year I couldn't do them so now every time I take my kids to the park I have to do a few chins!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.