Calories

naynay

Cathlete
I am starting to use myfitnesspal to keep track of my sugar and saturated fat and I have a question. So I set up my profile and they gave 1530 calories now already that doesn't seem like too much to me. At the end of the day when I had finished logging what I ate and my exercise that I had done I still had about 1000 calories left. Is that bad? I wasn't hungry at all yesterday or anything so I don't thin I am starving myself. BUt I am very active and I don't want to not have enough nutrition. DOes anyone have any thoughts?

the reason why you probably had 1000 cals left is because if you entered in your exercise, it adds those cals burned back into your daily allowance. I don't believe in eating back the cals burned through exercise. If you don't log your exercise, did you eat 1500 cals today? i can't imagine you only eating 500 cals for a whole day and not being hungry! Hope this helps. I log my stuff on the daily plate and don't log my exercise because i don't eat back my cals burned.

Eating exercise calories

Aren't you supposed to eat your exercise calories back assuming you are limiting your daily intake to reach your weight loss or other goals. If you don't, doesn't your body go into starvation mode where it changes your metabolism.
I also use my fitness pal and I find it a very good site to log your intake.

According to weight watchers anyway, you don't necessarily have to eat your exercise calories. But it would depend on how much you're exercising.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.