• I try to most of the time

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I know the caloric value of all my foods

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jobabes

Cathlete
Hello fellow Cathletes - been FOREVER since I posted. I am wondering how to calculate calories for my Cathe workouts?

I count obsessively when I'm trying to lose weight. By the time it's off, I have a good idea of what I should be eating, and how much of it. I'm more concerned with how many calories I'm burning now so I don't keep losing weight.

I used to count like crazy but no more. It stopped being an effective way for me to lose weight so I stopped wasting my time. IDK what happened but I am happier for it b/c it was way too much a time sucker for me that I did not find enjoyable. JMHO.

I count calories of my food intake to use my calories wisely. I count calories from workouts with a HRM just for grins and giggles.

I count every single calorie of every bite I take & track it on livestrong. My trainer has my password and checks up on me - gulp! No room for cheats there, huh?! :p:eek: I also track every calorie I BURN with a bodybugg. Turns out I am a freaking calorie furnace! My lowest burns are around 3000 and sometimes I get up to 3800. Pretty awesome stuff! I've been undereating/pretty much starving myself for years. I upped my cals thru calorie cycling and am getting my best results yet! Who knew?!

I really don't pay any attention to calories--used to be a carb counter but gave that up too. I just watch what I eat and am aware when I overdo it and cut back the next day. As far as how many calories I burned, I couldn't care less. I workout for fitness not weight loss or maintenance. I have in the past kept a food journal tho and I plan on starting again this coming year. Not for calories but to see patterns in my eating.

Last edited:
I count every single calorie of every bite I take & track it on livestrong. My trainer has my password and checks up on me - gulp! No room for cheats there, huh?! :p:eek: I also track every calorie I BURN with a bodybugg. Turns out I am a freaking calorie furnace! My lowest burns are around 3000 and sometimes I get up to 3800. Pretty awesome stuff! I've been undereating/pretty much starving myself for years. I upped my cals thru calorie cycling and am getting my best results yet! Who knew?!

WOW! That's fantastic that your body is so efficient but how do you eat that many clean/healthy calories? I have no idea how much I burn but when I was trying to lost pregnancy weight I was tracking my cals and staggering. At 1500 cals I was still hungry but at 2000 I felt over-stuffed...and I LOVE TO EAT! :D

Wendy, It has NOT been easy! I'm up to 2200 calories and to do it CLEANLY it is really hard! I am eating ALL THE TIME!:eek: Thankfully, I love food! And I mean LOVE! I am in a good place right now & it's relatively easy to eat clean - there's not too much unclean food that tempts me right now. Before I go to bed I measure out my first meal into a tupperware container that I keep on my nightstand and I start eating as soon as I wake up. And then its about every 2 hours after that all day long. My day ends with a scoop of peanut butter right before I go to bed. This is one awesome "diet"! :D

I *WISH* I could be like the rest of you and so many people that I know that can just eat intuitively. But I'm just not there right now. Plus, I'm training for a figure competition and we're trying hard to figure out the right combo of things. It is just flat-out exciting to be able to eat so much and not be so hungry all the time!

Wendy, It has NOT been easy! I'm up to 2200 calories and to do it CLEANLY it is really hard! I am eating ALL THE TIME!:eek: Thankfully, I love food! And I mean LOVE! I am in a good place right now & it's relatively easy to eat clean - there's not too much unclean food that tempts me right now. Before I go to bed I measure out my first meal into a tupperware container that I keep on my nightstand and I start eating as soon as I wake up. And then its about every 2 hours after that all day long. My day ends with a scoop of peanut butter right before I go to bed. This is one awesome "diet"! :D

I *WISH* I could be like the rest of you and so many people that I know that can just eat intuitively. But I'm just not there right now. Plus, I'm training for a figure competition and we're trying hard to figure out the right combo of things. It is just flat-out exciting to be able to eat so much and not be so hungry all the time!

Yummy! A scoop of p/b before bed every night is like heaven! Lucky girl! Yeah, clean calories tend to end up making for larger quantities of food. Are you allowed ample fats? I mean ofcourse the p/b has fat but are very restricted otherwise? I was going to ask you why a trainer might be checking your food intake but you've answered my question! A figure competition! How incredibly awesome and doing all of this with 3 kids! YOU ROCK but must also have an incredibly supportive and helpful hubby! :)

Yummy! A scoop of p/b before bed every night is like heaven! Lucky girl! Yeah, clean calories tend to end up making for larger quantities of food. Are you allowed ample fats? I mean ofcourse the p/b has fat but are very restricted otherwise? I was going to ask you why a trainer might be checking your food intake but you've answered my question! A figure competition! How incredibly awesome and doing all of this with 3 kids! YOU ROCK but must also have an incredibly supportive and helpful hubby! :)

She's never brought up my fats as an issue so I assume what I'm doing there is ok. My husband is VERY supportive, thankfully! He knows how happy it makes me to workout and I have an awesome, awesome trainer. She is so motivating and makes me feel like I *can* do this! DH isn't the cleanest eater (Doritos in bed last night:eek:) but he doesn't give me a hard time about my food choices (most of the time anyway!) and he always makes sure he's available to be with the kids when I go to my trainer (3x/week).

I am so excited to do this figure comp! I had literally TRASHED my abs from my first pregnancy and the stretch marks are awful, but my trainer assures me we can pull them in and the tanning will cover up the rest. I can see my upper abs and I can feel the lower ones all nice & chiseled so I know they are in there! Just have some more body fat to lose & I will get my 6-pack!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.