Calories burned: HRM vs. Workout Manager?

Lucia A

Cathlete
Hi Cathe, I love your DVD's - every single one of them. I believe I own all of them too. I've been getting them since CIA1006.

OK, here's my question please: Today I did HIIT Lower body circuit. The calories burned in the workout manager read 534 but my HRM reads 374 and I was following step by step, at times I was up to 155 and 160 which means I was working hard enough. A lot of my motivation comes from seeing how hard I'm working, I just love to push myself. This is just perplexing. Any thoughts?

Btw, I wear two Hrm's. (At one time I thought mine was dying, I got a second one and it was a OK after all. So I know that is not the problem.)
Sometimes the numbers are double what I'm doing. on all my w/o's.
?????
thanks, Lucia

I trust the hrm. Sometimes it's within a calorie or two of the workout manager. Other times there is quite the discrepancy. In those cases I wonder what's going on but I just put in my data and I'm fine with it.

I trust the hrm. Sometimes it's within a calorie or two of the workout manager. Other times there is quite the discrepancy. In those cases I wonder what's going on but I just put in my data and I'm fine with it.
Trust the HRM? OK , sounds good. Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.