Calling Yoga Lovers...Check-In related

Vee

Cathlete
I am coming out of an exercise funk and returning to my exercise routine. I need the support of a check-in to get back on track.

I love yoga best, but cross-train with weights and cardio.

Is there a check-in here with people who like to mix in yoga? I looked and could not find any.

If there is no such check-in, is anyone interested in a check-in for "yoga and more"?

Hi...

Don't know if there is such a check-in but I would be interested in joining one.

I too have been away from exercise and yoga for a while, because of cataclysmic personal changes in my life. Also, on another level, the yoga studio two blocks from my house that I frequented for a few years has moved! So my little routine of taking classes there was up-ended.

So count me in. I need to do more than just exercising my fingers on the keyboard!

Thank you Atgood. :)

I visited your page. I share your tastes. Cardio Coach, Cathe, Shiva Rea and Erich Sciffman! I would love to be in a Check-in with you.

Seems like we have no other takers yet though. Sigh!

What do you suppose is a minimum team size before we get a check-in going?

Or perhaps we should just pick an existing check-in party and crash it together and check in about our yoga-inclusive workout-adventures? ;)

I havent yet worked out today and it is 6:22 pm in India. My fingers on the oter hand have been exercised throughly on the keyboard. I (and my waistline) could use a check-in to keep me accountable.

I would LOVE a yoga check-in. For the past year, I've been adding in much more yoga: live vinyasa classes, dvds, audio workouts, and recently I'm getting very addicted to the ravi/ana kundalini offerings. Sharing thoughts etc. about different yoga workouts and styles would be great.

I would love to join....I love yoga but had gotten out of the habit of doing it. I am planning a weight lifting plus yoga type cross training! :D

I love yoga!

Would love to join in, but can't do yoga yet until later this year or first of next year. But I know all kinds of DVD's and instructors. I also can be a cheerleader for you all until I can practice. When I can practice yoga, will be the first on my list.

I'm in, if you can use me.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I would also love a yoga check-in. I do yoga once a week although I wish had the time to do it more.

Do we have enough now?

Marcy

Woo-hoo!

Shelsmaha is in.

Jainie is in (we would LOVE to have you).

How about we get started tomorrow? Hopefully more people will join us too. From next week, we can start a new thread every Monday.

Any suggestions for a name for our Check-In?

Last edited:
Still looking for more?

I am just getting back into working out as well. Have done a lot of running and other high impact cardio in the past but my aging body just can't keep up.

I have been wanting to revamp my whole entire workout regime. Weights, circuits, some cardio and yoga.

I have never even done yoga but I have been researching it and believe it is something my tired old body could really benefit from.

I would also love to join a check-in group but haven't had the courage to just jump in there and ask one that is already established.

Are you willing to take in a yoga newbie?

I'm kind of interested in this. I've been trying to fit yoga in at least 2X per week. However I'm typically more of a lurker than a poster.
I can give you a *solid I'll try* :confused:

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

The Yoga Lovers Check-in?

Marcy

Marcy, Yoga Lovers Check-in sounds very good. Thank you!

May I add to it?

Yoga Lovers (We flirt with other forms of fitness)

So if newbies want to join us they will know people who mix in Yoga with other stuff are welcome.

Or perhaps a more straight forward:

Yoga Lovers & Cross-Trainers

Are you willing to take in a yoga newbie?

Discovering yoga is such an exciting phase of the journey. I fell in love at my first yoga class with yoga, and the first year was when I was most excited. Every new pose that I conquered, every inch in flexibility gain and every revelation of the mind-body connection were moments I celebrated.

I take yoga for granted now. I know I will turn limber and I know I will eventually have more insights if I keep at it. So I dont feel as excited when that happens.

It will be wonderful to hear how you discover yoga at the check-in.

Count me in!

I've been practicing yoga for about a year and a half. I've mostly practiced on my own with yoga today dot com or with dvds. I took about a month's worth of classes and that was very intense and I dipped my toe into meditation at that time.

I've been practicing yoga for about a year and a half. I've mostly practiced on my own with yoga today dot com or with dvds. I took about a month's worth of classes and that was very intense and I dipped my toe into meditation at that time.

Aaah...Yoga Today. Back in the day when they allowed downloads, I downloaded some and burnt them on DVD. I love Yoga Today. Sarah Kline is one of my favorite instructors.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.