Calling the Virtual Road Trippers ....

Seeing her live (she is such an inspiration to me) and hearing her say my name (which is not easy to pronounce) during one of the classes -- made me feel like a celebrity:) It was my first ever RT and I thought the program was well designed with kickboxing and stretch on Friday, UB, bootcamp and LB on Saturday. I will join again if it is offered virtually (or in a hybrid mode) but I don't expect to be joining if it is only in person.

Hi Debinmi !
Keep in mind I have never gone on any road trip so this is my only experience.
(These are not ranked in any order of enjoyment )

1. Getting the scoop on what she has plans to do, not just the upcoming workouts, but also equipment she plans to introduce in the coming year. I liked the opportunity to watch and listen to this company in action. They all seem to care about what they're doing and enjoying working together. Also, how many chances do you get to hear the people you buy from share with their customers what they are putting together for you?

2. The workouts! I don't have live but if you do I guess you guys already know what that's like. However, maybe this would still be different because it was super exciting to me to be able to race back and forth from my life to my Shred Shed. When I came back I would have Cathe and tons of people working out with me. All I had to do was switch to gallery on zoom and see all my fellow roadtrippers. Haha, I only did that once though, because Cathe didn't give me much time!

3. The fireside chat. There was another time people could have hung out but I couldn't but I'm so glad I was able to do the fireside chat. Cathe answered tons of questions about herself. I got to hear some super inspiring stories from fellow roadtrippers that made me cry. I saw all these people who seemed to know each other and just enjoy seeing how real they all were and laugh as I got to see pets. It was very personally rejuvenating to be around people who like to geek up about exercise and normalize who I am and what is important to me.

4. I love to exercise but I always look for a challenge. It helps me focus my training and makes it more purposeful than " I wanna be healthy." Well, I knew this was going to be a challenge for me to do all the workouts in two days. So I loved trying to make sure I was ready even though I was gonna give myself grace if I couldn't do it. It was a real jolt to my self confidence that I was able to do it...and do it well.

5. Fun factor. I list this separately because you could have all of the above and it not be geared towards fun. We were sent a Halloween themed goodies and smoothie emails. They wore themed outfits for the workouts. The demeanor of Cathe and the exercisers was fun but still hard working. The workouts themselves were structured with quick transitions, shorter sets with lots of variety and, for me, high enjoyment. No grueling reps and she even asked for someone for exercise requests.

I think they do an excellent job of making the virtual trip very engaging and I hope they continue to offer that.
Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Hi Debinmi !
Keep in mind I have never gone on any road trip so this is my only experience.
(These are not ranked in any order of enjoyment )

1. Getting the scoop on what she has plans to do, not just the upcoming workouts, but also equipment she plans to introduce in the coming year. I liked the opportunity to watch and listen to this company in action. They all seem to care about what they're doing and enjoying working together. Also, how many chances do you get to hear the people you buy from share with their customers what they are putting together for you?

2. The workouts! I don't have live but if you do I guess you guys already know what that's like. However, maybe this would still be different because it was super exciting to me to be able to race back and forth from my life to my Shred Shed. When I came back I would have Cathe and tons of people working out with me. All I had to do was switch to gallery on zoom and see all my fellow roadtrippers. Haha, I only did that once though, because Cathe didn't give me much time!

3. The fireside chat. There was another time people could have hung out but I couldn't but I'm so glad I was able to do the fireside chat. Cathe answered tons of questions about herself. I got to hear some super inspiring stories from fellow roadtrippers that made me cry. I saw all these people who seemed to know each other and just enjoy seeing how real they all were and laugh as I got to see pets. It was very personally rejuvenating to be around people who like to geek up about exercise and normalize who I am and what is important to me.

4. I love to exercise but I always look for a challenge. It helps me focus my training and makes it more purposeful than " I wanna be healthy." Well, I knew this was going to be a challenge for me to do all the workouts in two days. So I loved trying to make sure I was ready even though I was gonna give myself grace if I couldn't do it. It was a real jolt to my self confidence that I was able to do it...and do it well.

5. Fun factor. I list this separately because you could have all of the above and it not be geared towards fun. We were sent a Halloween themed goodies and smoothie emails. They wore themed outfits for the workouts. The demeanor of Cathe and the exercisers was fun and but still hard working. The workouts themselves were structured with quick transitions, shorter sets with lots of variety and, for me, high enjoyment. No grueling reps and she even asked for someone for exercise requests.

I think they do an excellent job of making the virtual trip very engaging and I hope they continue to offer that.
Let me know if you have any questions! hesti
Thank you for sharing. I was a little hesitant about this. Maybe next time.

I’ve only done the virtual road trips and I too got super excited when she said my name during class! I like them because I work from home (since Covid) and always workout alone, so it’s a rare opportunity for me to connect with people “in person” who enjoy the same things. It also gives me something to look forward to and break up the monotony of being home alone all the time.

Thanks mbg1982,

My sister and I were discussing the social aspects of exercise a few weeks ago ... we used to go to "aerobic classes" together back in the 1980's & 90's and really enjoyed the social aspect. In fact I found it difficult to exercise on my own as I had always exercised with some else starting in gym classes in school, jogging and biking with friends in college, attending aerobic classes at schools with friends and work colleagues, and at my racquetball club in the community after college, etc. I had less motivation to work out on my own when "aerobic classes" kind-of fell out of favor in our rural community and only a Zumba or two classes are offered in the area now. Although our workout room has some cardio equipment, I prefer to exercise with a DVD, probably because it sort-of feels like a class. I even prefer the DVDs that have more people in them vs those that have just the instructor. Interesting ... I'll have to think about a road-trip more.

Debinmi
I enjoy the DVDs that have background exercisers for cardio and weight (especially if the setting is indoors.)

For mobility, pilates, stretch, etc recovery workouts, one person with an outdoor setting are my absolute favorites!

I honestly don't keep DVDs with one person and a white or blank boring background...it makes me feel closed in o_O (And I can't make myself do YouTube workouts like that either, lol)

Linda, I'm with ya on the boring white background dvds. I was thinking about my Jane Adams & Jessica Smith yoga/stretch DVDs when you mentioned the outdoor settings, & I really enjoy those too even tho they just have the instructor! In fact, I prefer Cathe's outdoorsy sets over the city skylines too. Our workout area is in our lower level, and we put up a big outdoor mural & framed it with window casing to make the area feel more outdoorsy, instead of a "basement".

#1 Is Chatting with Cathe at the fireside chat. It was really cool talking to her about her step routines.

#2 Chatting with other Cathletes and finding out I am not the only one that loves step!

#3 you can buy t shirts, etc. that is only available to the roadtrippers.

#4 Finding out about new things Cathe will be doing.

Those are the best parts!
As for a workout they are still good, but have problems with some roadtrippers not turning off their zoom mikes. If you are not muted, and doing the workout it goes to the unmuted person, so you can see them workout and not Cathe! ☹️

It wasn’t me. I never had that problem because I never was seen on Zoom. It was other people. That was the problem. Other then that the Virtual Roadtrip was fine.

I was referring to your comment about seeing the roadtripper with the mic on instead of Cathe.

I meant that a fellow roadtripper needn't experience watching someone other than Cathe, regardless if another roadtripper turned on their mic.

With zoom, a roadtripper just needs to "pin" Cathe on their screen and the visual focus experience never shifts off of Cathe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.