Calling all 2012 Momma's-To-Be

dragonf1y

Cathlete
I have not had time to be on the boards much lately, but could really use some encouragement from any of you wonderful ladies who are also expecting a baby this year.
I am now 13 weeks preggo with baby #2 (due Sep 2nd), some of the 1st tri exhaustion and tummy problems are fading and I want to be healthy and strong by the time I deliver.
Looking forward to getting to know you...
Cee

3rd baby

I am 17 weeks with baby #3. I feel much better than I did in the first Tri. I was wiped out! I used to do Cathe every day and I credit that for the getting me back into shape after baby #2. I would love to hear more about other moms. I try to work out at least 6 days a week. I am trying to keep the weight gain to a healthy number. So far things are going better than pregnancy 1 and 2. Where are all the moms? In 2008 this forum was popular. All of a sudden posts seemed to fade and now it is rare to see anything. Thanks for starting this up again!!!

Nice to meet you, Courts3!
I also remember a lot of encouragement with my first pregnancy on this forum. I would like to work back up to 6 days a week, but right now naps are a higher priority :p
I will be really happy to get into my 2nd trimester over the next week!
Current plan for Monday: Low Max - step only premix

Pregnant...I think

Hi ladies,

Since both of you have been through this more than once, maybe you can encourage me a bit. I took four (yes four) pregnancy tests on Saturday and while they all showed positive, they were so faint, I almost thought I was imagining it. My husband and I both scoured the internet to find others who had the same issue and it seems that it's very common to have a faint positive. The problem is, I can't seem to get my brain to understand it. Half of me is already making plans for the baby and the other half is in doubt. Did either of you experience this or know someone who has? My doctor's appointment is not for another three weeks. I really want to be excited, but I'm so afraid of being disappointed.

MissyP,
I am 31 weeks and when I was 1 day late I took 2 tests. Both read positive but were extremely faint. You could just barely see the second line but it was there. Obviously, those tests were accurate! From what I know about pregnancy tests, you can get a false negative but not a false positive. As the level of hcg increases in your body, the positive result should become more pronounced I believe. Hope this helps!! Best wishes to you!

Ashley

I'm due October 14th but other than exhaustion I'm not feeling pregnant at all. I also had very weak positives with my tests, even one I took a couple weeks ago, and since there isn't any morning sickness I'm worried this little one won't stick. I know all pregnancies are different but it's hard not to worry. I have two kids, 5.5 and 3.5, and was sick nonstop with both of them. Last year I had a miscarriage and didn't have the morning sickness so until I hit 12 weeks and hear a heartbeat I think I'll probably be in denial.

Because I've been so tired I haven't been doing squat for exercise but I need to get myself to at least do a 20-30 min premix so I can stay healthy and keep the weight down. I'm still carrying an extra 15-20 pounds so I do not need to gain a lot.

What is everyone doing to watch food intake right now? I upped what I'm allowing for calories but giving in to things like rootbeer floats last night aren't helping me stay on track.

Cindy

I'm so glad you started this thread!! I am due Sept. 6. Finally starting to feel better. 1st trimester I was throwing up 3-4 times a day so I avoided working out just because I needed every calorie I could get. I lost 7 pounds but have put 2 back on. Its funny when you are on the other side of things. You then worry about not gaining enough! Funny.
Finally feeling like I can get back to exercise. It will be nice to share feedback.

Smoothies seem to be working the best for me. I can add a lot of fruit to them to help up my fiber and vitamins.

Here are the ladies I have, please let me know if I have any details wrong...

Ashleyann due May 10
Courts3 due Aug?
Cee due Sep 2
Heidisue due Sep 6
Cindy due Oct 14
MissyP ??

15 weeks - I have finally gotten back into working out the last couple of weeks. I am focusing on yoga because my back and legs have gotten so tight and sore during my 1st trimester. I am finally getting some energy even though I still need a nap each day. I am adding in a good bit of pilates to strengthen my core and support my back as well as deep squats to begin opening my pelvis.

Heidisue - so sorry to hear about your morning sickness and weight loss. I am really glad that you have found a way to meet your nutritional needs and that you are starting to feel better. Are you starting back to working out or waiting until you put another couple pounds back on?

MissyP and Cindy - Sometimes a faint positive will simply be because the test you chose mostly registers higher levels of hormones. I am sure you are both pregnant, your doctor should be able to tell you if your hormone levels are correct for the number of weeks pregnant you are.
I did have a miscarriage last October (I was only at 5 weeks) where I could tell my hormone levels were not high enough because I know how my body should feel when I am pregnant. Please do not pay attention to how dark the line on a cheap disposable test is, listen to your body and wait for the good tests at the doctor before worrying that anything is wrong.

So excited to be on this journey with you amazing ladies!

I'm still exhausted but other than that still not feeling pregnant, it's so weird. I need to call my midwife to set up my first appointment, I didn't realize I'm already 9 weeks along.

I live in Montana and we had 60 degree days this weekend so I did some spring cleaning and planned out my garden for the year. Now to buy seeds and get them started :) Tonight there won't be any exercise since my wine club is meeting (obviously I won't be drinking but the visiting with my friends is worth showing up for). I need to plan out my exercise for the week in the workout manager so I can get myself back on track.

Heidi - With my two kids I lost about 10 pounds the first trimester from puking so much, glad you're feeling better it's rough! I do a green monster every morning for breakfast and love all the fruits and veggies in it. Have you tried adding spinach to your smoothie's? You can't even taste it with all the fruits.

Dragonfly - I can't wait to have some energy again, I'll think I'm not tired then the next thing I know I'm asleep. Yoga sounds fantastic.

MissyP - I'm in the same boat as you and the excitement will come. I feel like I'm protecting myself after the miscarriage but once I hear a heartbeat then I'll be able to start planning :)

Cindy

Dragonfly- I am starting to do some prenatal yoga and want to start back with Cathe's DVD's. I haven't thrown up at all for the past 5 days so this is great. :) I haven't felt very tired, just sick, so now that I am better I'm motivated to get going again. I know if I stay consistant with working out that after the baby the weight will come off easier. Do you use any DVD's to workout to with Pilates? I have only tried it a couple times in a class.

Cindy- 10 pounds! That's a lot! It sucks being sick but it's worth it. I have never added Spinach to my smoothy's but will try it. Do you buy it fresh and just toss it in there? I love seeing all the healthy stuff in the blender before mixing it. It's great knowing what you are eating. :) Are you feeling symptoms yet? Maybe this pregnancy you won't have any. In that case, you are one lucky lady! I'll be thinking of you. Hope everything goes well with your appt.

Missy- Let us know what the doctor says. That's exciting. My tests were faint too but it was right. :)

Count me in! I have been reading all your posts but didn't want to announce until we heard a heartbeat, which was today! So excited!

I am 9w5d and due Oct 10th with our first. We had our first ultrasound today. The heartrate was 175 BPM. The baby looked like a little gummy bear and was wiggling all around. It was very cool!

Cee- Thanks for starting this thread. I was hoping to have some Cathletes for support during this experience.

Court3- I too am hoping to start working out again soon. I usually do Cathe everyday but have been nauseous for the past 2 weeks so I haven't done much except for sleep and work.

Missy- Faint or not you are pregnant. I have heard of others having faint tests too. Maybe you took the test a bit early and the HCG was at a lower level.

Cindy- We are so close in our due dates. A girl I work with is due on the 13th and she isn't nauseous either. Keep us posted...I bet you're just one of the lucky ones! As far as food intake, I usually eat healthy but have been the queen of refined carbs lately. Most other foods make me nauseous at the thought. I'm not super hungry and almost have to force myself to eat.

Heidi- Glad you're starting to feel better again. Thanks for the tip with the smoothies. That same day I made myself one :)

Excited to have the support of others during this adventure. Can't wait to share stories. Keep in touch everyone!

mfv3 - Welcome! So excited that you were able to hear your babies heartbeat! It just makes everything seem real.

Heidisue - I have some old pre-Cathe pilates Dvds. I know one is by Crunch, but I am now getting to the point that normal dvds where I am flat on my back is starting to feel uncomfortable so I need to look for modified positions or standing work.

Baby starting kicking yesterday! I love each precious step of pregnancy where I am reassured that I feel yucky and am deprived of wine or decongestants for a miraculous reason.

Hello again ladies,

I just wanted to thank you for all the encouragement. I'm feeling much better even though I still am not experiencing many symptoms aside from extreme exhaustion. I have not been able to work out yet. Just the thought makes me want to take a nap! :) So tell me which Cathe workouts that you all would recommend. Should I stick with her new low impact series only?

Oh, and to answer your question dragonfly, my appointment is March 28 so I'll have a due date by then and will let you know.

Thanks!
Missy

I just called my midwife and will be into see her on Thursday. I'm 10 weeks and 1 day so I'm not expecting to hear the heartbeat but hopefully I can get some sort of reassurance. Still exhausted and that's been it for symptoms, can't wait til I have energy again. I'll post on how the appointment goes.

We had a nice morning yesterday so I raked the front yard, am feeling it in my back and gave myself a couple blisters. Woke up to 3 inches of snow so the back yard wil have to wait :) Tonight I'm going to motivate myself to do a short Afterburn workout, maybe that will give me some extra energy to put laundry away.

Missy - Your appointment is coming up soon, I hope you get some reassurance! I think doing the exercises you did before is fine, you can keep it low impact if that's what your body wants. I'm planning on doing my two LIS workouts (Afterburn and Athletic Training) as best as I can, Yoga Max, STEP, and Hiit. I think short workouts are all I can handle right now.

dragonf1y - That's so exciting you're feeling little kicks, it's such an amazing feeling. In my last pregnancy I tried a pregnancy pilates and it was still too much on my back, not too easy to modify for me either so that was frustrating.

mvf3 - Glad you got to hear the heartbeat and see that little gummy! Carbs are so comforting the first trimester, I've been enjoying Cinnamon Chex a lot.

Heidisue - I add fresh spinach, haven't tried frozen but I'm sure that would work also. 10 pounds isn't too bad when I've had so much extra to spare :) It was amazing how sick I was with my prior two so it really throws me off with no puking or heaving this go around.

Cindy

Hi all-

Doing good here, just very tired! I was more nauseous today than the past few days...comes in waves sometimes. Didn't help having all the weird smells at work. Did I mention I'm a geriatric psych nurse. I love it, but lots of not-so-good smells in the hospital. I'm hoping to get a workout in tonight but not feeling that right now...more like a nap. I visited my mom in Duluth this weekend and we went for a 4 mile walk on Sat and a 5 mile on Sun. Felt good to get moving again. I have my next appointment on Friday. I get another ultrasound and get the first tri genetic screening done.

Missy- I think LIS is great to do. Also maybe Step Moves and Athletic Step. I have a girlfriend that's pregnant and her dr told her not to do any jumping moves. My dr didn't seem to have a problem with that though. She said I could lift too but just not too heavy of weights. I was about to start STS Meso 3 when I found out I was pregnant. I had to stop since that is the strength phase. I guess I'll be sticking to High Reps and Meso 1.

Cee- How cool that you felt the baby kick!!! I can't wait for that!

Cindy- Good luck with your appointment. Keep us posted for sure. I'll have to try that cinnamon chex. I don't have much of an appetite but that does sound good!

Marie

PS- Check out my cute pregnancy ticker! Dork alert haha!

I saw the baby!! And I'm due October 30!! I now feel very silly for doubting it in the first place :D I asked my doctor about Cathe's workouts and she said they sound great! She even encouraged me to do ab exercises until it just becomes too uncomfortable as it will help to make it a smoother delivery. So, how is everyone feeling today?

Missy - That's so exciting! Don't feel silly about doubting because that's normal. Great news about the ab workouts, I have wondered how long I could keep those going. Pop over to the new weekly thread with us :)

Cindy

Hello,
I am new here and am so excited I found this board! I am 22 weeks pregnant with our first baby. We found out a week or so ago that we are having a girl and she is due August 10! We are very excited!

During my first trimester I felt so hungry all the time. If I didn't eat I felt nauseous. I didn't exercise much at all because I just felt so hungry all the time. Near the end of the first trimester I started to feel much better, my energy returned, and I definitely lost the hungry all the time feeling.

Before I got pregnant I was very active. I loved to exercise and be outdoors. I had a few Cathe DVDs before I got pregnant but afterwards I started doing some research on exercises that would be safe while pregnant. I had some DVDs from the low impact series so I started doing them on a regular basis and feel so much better!! I try to exercise 4-5 days per week alternating Cathe DVDs with some others that I enjoy. I feel so much better when I exercise and noticed that if I go a few days without exercising my muscles and ligaments start to get so tight!! When I exercise the tightness goes away. My weight gain has evened out now. In the first trimester I was on the high end of weight gain so I feel much better now I'm being more healthy.

Anyway, I hope that wasn't too long. I'm really excited to be on here and share thoughts about exercising while pregnant!

Lateeda-

Congrats on your girl! How exciting! Glad you found this thread. We have a weekly thread going so make sure to find that one. This week it's called Excited Mommas.

It's so exciting to be pregnant with the first isn't it?! I am too :) I'm 13 weeks and due Oct 10th. I'm so excited to find out the sex.

Cathe's LIS has been so great for me too! For a few weeks I wasn't working out at all due to the nausea but that's mostly gone now thank goodness.

Welcome and make sure to keep us posted :)

Marie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.