***C*T*T*G*I*F***

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all,

So I have to say that today I'm somewhat ashamed to be a part of these boards. Have you guys read the ridiculousness of all the "clip" thread complaints? I can't believe I wasted the time to read all 11 pages and I'm dumber now for doing so. Oh entitlement... that's all I'm going to say. :mad:

Anyway, I had the "privilege" of looking at the clips on Collage before they were taken down - it looks great and I'm excited for them.

This morning I did GS BSB. It was a good one. I was going to go to the gym this morning but Ellie's home from school again so I'm going to have to go tonight. We are going out to dinner as a family to a new restaurant in town so it will encourage me to keep my eats clean and my portions low!

Yesterday was a pretty horrible binge day. I don't know what came over me. It seems that if my schedule gets messed up that I have a really difficult time dealing with it. I don't know what my problem is. Today will be better. I will keep myself busy and stay away from mindless eating.

Need to shower and get some laundry started. We leave a week from today and I need to start packing!!

Happy Friday everyone. What are your plans for the weekend?

good morning angie. i am afraid i do not know what post you mean? what was it? hope ellie is feeling better today. put yday behind you and just look forward, though. easier said than done, i know! where are you going out to dinner? sounds fun.

well despite being under the weather, we had a lovely family day yday. i slept well last night but woke to my alarm,m feeling nauseous and body sore. i ran a few miles and decided i was not up to it (wish i had decided that BEFORE i got all dressed and started) - just could not push thru. being sick gets me emotional too, and i am really bummed about dh leaving. okay, that is officially the LAST time i will say that - it does not help anyone.

today i need to do my baking - i make a cinnaomn quick bread for teachers and neighbors. hope it goes fast, because i am not in the mood. eats were clean yday due to general nausea. i think today will be the same. uggg. bbiab

Good Morning Girls !

Angie, I'm in the dark about the clip threads too......what was going on ??

Nina, I hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick too and being nauseous is the worst !!! :(

DH is off today so we are going to get a Christmas tree. We are taking Brayden (3 yr old gs) and going to a place where you take a hayride out to find your tree, then cut it down. There is hot chocolate and refreshments ......and I'm bringing the camera ! :)
We'll put up the tree and decorate tonight or tomorrow and try to finish shopping this weekend too ! Will be busy but fun !

Will try to fit in my workout this morning but always struggle with that when my schedule is different (dh is home, etc..) Maybe I can talk him into bundling up and taking a brisk walk outside !

Someone - sorry , I forget who, asked what cake I am making for Jackson, who turns ONE next week. I'm making an Elmo cake. He loves him !!!

Anyway.......have a great Friday !! :)

Becky

Hey

(((Nina))) you need a big hug.I'll be over for some quick bread.

Angie I don't read through anything negative but yay you got to see them before they took the clips down. I saw them and Cathe clips will be longer and better. We just have to wait. Don't worry about the eats.

Off to "North Pole" at work.

Morning Nina, so sorry you're not feeling well. Nausea??? Could you be pg? Hope you are feeling better soon! I think you were wise to not try to push it but I hear you on wishing you'd never gotten up!

Here's the thread: http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270587

Girls are home for lunch and we're about to read. Dinner tonight is here: http://www.hippopotamus.fr/index.php?c=trouverresto&restaurant=101

It's a restaurant that is basically a steak place but we never get steak there. The girls like it because they have chicken nuggets with little hippo shaped tooth picks in them and fun drinks like strawberry water. :) They recently built one really close to our house and the one we used to go to is about 20 min away. So, they've been asking.

Anyway, sorry about DH leaving. Don't worry about expressing your sadness to us. I totally understand.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask about your parents - did they live in FL before you or move with you or what? I'm confused...

Becky, your Christmas tree trip sounds SO American - I'm so jealous! It's my dream of what to do with our kids when we come back. Have a great time!

Off to read...

Good Morning Girls !

Angie, I'm in the dark about the clip threads too......what was going on ??

Nina, I hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick too and being nauseous is the worst !!! :(

DH is off today so we are going to get a Christmas tree. We are taking Brayden (3 yr old gs) and going to a place where you take a hayride out to find your tree, then cut it down. There is hot chocolate and refreshments ......and I'm bringing the camera ! :)
We'll put up the tree and decorate tonight or tomorrow and try to finish shopping this weekend too ! Will be busy but fun !

Will try to fit in my workout this morning but always struggle with that when my schedule is different (dh is home, etc..) Maybe I can talk him into bundling up and taking a brisk walk outside !

Someone - sorry , I forget who, asked what cake I am making for Jackson, who turns ONE next week. I'm making an Elmo cake. He loves him !!!

Anyway.......have a great Friday !! :)

Becky

Hey becky enjoy Christmas tree hunting.

Morning Robin, have a great day at work! I agree - Cathe's clips will be better. It just frustrates me that people are so negative and unappreciative and have such a sense of what they are entitled to. UGH.

Morning Girls!

We've got Isabel all better, but now Gina is puking. I was up ALL NIGHT with her. Poor baby is SICK!

soooooo ..... any plans I had for the day are DELETED while I take care of Gina. It's so nasty out it's a good day to stay in anyway!:p

Angie, Cute title!
Haven't read the clip thread.... I think most of the women here are pot-stirring morons.
Glad you had a good WO! Mine have been basically nonexistent this week, tho I did get some CS in yday.

Nina, Vent away, babe! I'd be a lot more than you are if I had to do w/o DH for so long so often.
Your bread sounds yummy.....but sorry you're not feeling well!

Becky, Your plans sounds wonderful! I made an Elmo cake for one of nephews before - very easy and fun!

Robin, Have a good day at work!

ok, I'm partway thru the "clip" thread.....

Regarding all of the stupid heated debates on this site....

Do these women think that Cathe doesn't read this? Wouldn't they be totally embarrassed to have her read those things they type and then meet her?????

Kate, it just makes me feel so bad for her and all the hard work she does. It's just beyond rude. Your sentiments are exactly correct. :)

So sorry about your sickies! That's a huge bummer. Kids puking in the night is no fun. No worries about your WOs. Kids are your first priority.

Annabel back to school...

Hi C & T Ladies!

Just popping in to let Angie know I sent you a PM yesterday regarding your question in the ask Cathe forum. I don't like to answer questions in the ask Cathe forum well b/c it's ask Cathe! lol I experienced what you're going through so I thought I'd share what worked for me and others I've trained.

I love to pop in (lurk) on occasion to see how you're all doing. I miss checking with you but was not good at keeping up with personals and I'm not the cleanest eater either. :eek:

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Oh, Katie, I don't remember if I ever congratulated you on accomplishing the half marathon - Way to Go! :D Keep up the good work!

Take care!

morning, i am finishing up last minute things so we can get on the road early. dh is going to get oil changed and then we should be on our way. anythoughts on what DVDs i could bring with me? i have no idea if there will betime to wo atall but betterto beprepared. food will be tough, also. my promise to youladies is iwill do my very best. mypromise to dh was i will not "obsess" about it (at leastnotout loud, to him, lol). reminded me of klaudias sig yet again.

angie, lol!! i opened that thread last night and started to read but had the same thought, WHY i am wasting my time on this. we all have choices here (preorder, wait, cancel, re-sell, etc). ppl can be such whiners =(

becky, ikwym abt fittingin wo when yourschedule is different. hope you get to it! that treeplace soundsfun. i think bynext year JJ would love that. elmocakesounds fab!

kate, stop reading that baloney!!! thats 10 mins youll never get back. lol at pot-stirring morons! i dont understand the point of getting in heated debates on a forum anyway. sooooo sorry forthe sickos at yourhouse =( drmom to the rescue.

robin, yes, cathe clips will be better. i am dissappointed i didnt get to collage in time to see what was there but oh well, theyre coming soon! have fun at the north pole!

nina, hope you feel better soon. i do notice that when im missingdh(or soonto be) i feel sick more easily, iguess our immune systems are affected by emotions... ((hugs)) and take it easy on yourself and him.

Last edited:
Happy Friday!

Ugh. I need to get mornings under better control-I went off on Milla again for not finishing her breakfast which led to tears. I'm just sick of wasting food and I engage her in a battle of wills and that no one really wins and give a bunch of empty threats. She was laughing by the time we left for the bus, but still. I feel horrible. Anyway, we have windows being installed later tis afternoon so I'll need to workout this morning or after they leave. Workout will be 4DS Legs and L&G floor work and abs. The girls were invited over our neighbors tonight for a movie and a craft:) Maybe that's when I'll run out and do my returns.

Angie, I ended up ruining my clean day with 3 slices of pizza, 2 breadsticks and another truffle:eek: I've been giving them to the girls as a treat in their lunches so I can get rid of them! Those threads in OD can get crazy! They keep at it, Cathe is going to change how she communicates with us and that would be a huge bummer. Have fun at dinner and keep it clean!:)

Nina, I hope you feel better soon. Give your body a break-it's earned it. Glad you had a nice day yesterday. I think we're having fmily night next Friday-Milla's choice:) Probably Chuck E. Cheese:eek: Can you post your recipe for the cinnamon bread? Sounds yummy!

Becky, have fun today! We go pumpkin picking with a hayride and cider/doughnuts every year and it's such a good time:)

Robin, have a good day at work!

Kate, sorry about the sick kiddos:( Not fun at all. Hope you can contain it.

Wendy, just think of it as being "dedicated" to your health and wellness. When I went on vaction, I brought kickbox dvds and did push ups, dips and ab work in my room.

Good Morning Everyone!

I am so glad it is Friday. I am exhausted. We have the holiday party for my office tonight down in DC. I doubt it will be clean but I will do the best I can. Workout was Cardio Fusion Step Mix. I have been tired in the morning and unmotivated to workout. I think I just need this weekend to squeeze in some rest time. I have been running like crazy between the new job and Cmas shopping. My biggest challenge is my 22 month old niece. I bought a toy laptop for her but I want to get her something else just not sure what yet - any thoughts?

Nina - {{{hugs}}} I hope you feel better and you can get through the next couple of weeks.
Angie - I am sick of people complaining just to complain. I haven't read the forum yet but it just frustrates me that people can't be grateful for what people can offer them.
Robin, I hope you survive the cold trip to work. It is just freezing out.
Becky, have fun getting your tree. My family did that when I was little and it was a lot of fun.
Kate, sorry about the G being sick. I hope everyone gets healthy soon.
Wendy, have a wonderful trip. If you have a computer you can do the bodyrock.tv workouts. Otherwise, I usually bring kb workouts.
Klaudia, sorry about the drama this morning. It must be so frustrating when your kids test you.
Hi Anne & Shirl!

Hello - just sneeking on the boards from work to say that I am alive and well - just a nutso morning in my household this morning. Thank the good Lord it is Friday!! My mom is on her way to town to spend the day with Collin (he is at school for the morning) and I am taking a long lunch today to take him to the doctor - green stuff coming from his nose and eyes!

WO yesterday was plyo legs, today was speed intervals on the TM.

Be back tonight!

Hello from Puke Central! Poor Gina is sooooo sick.:( And Isabel wants to be so she doesn't have to go to school.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

--

Angie, I seriously don't get the cat fighting on there. Why would you waste your time fighting with people you don't even know???? Dumb. If they aren'fighting about Cathe doing x they fight about her doing y. If I were Cathe I would be beyond sad to read all that.

Shirl Girl!!! Good to see ya!!! How are the kids? Homeschooling still? Teaching still?

--- gotta go...bbl....

Hi Kate,

Kids are great and they are attending school this year. They love it and so do I! I'm still training and teaching classes, I'll be certified in kettlebells through AOS in a couple months. I love what I do and feel so blessed to love my job. Today is my day off. :D

Sorry Gina is so sick, busy day for you. How are Isabel and Julia?

Hi Colleen!

Poor Gina....so sososo sick. She is STILL puking. I've lost count but she says its 7x!:eek: The last one I had to catch in my hands must've fried my brain!:p She's conked out on the couch, Julia's alseep and Isabel's at school. Quick catch up on personals and I'm off to laundry land!

-

Wendy, I like to take KB dvds when we go away. Maybe some good yoga too?? Just pick your fave thigs for cheats and if it doesn't taste like you want it to then quit. We aren't body buildres training for a competition. Enjoy your time away!

Klaudia, Isabel is the WORST breakfast eater. Sings, wiggles, talks, up and out of her chair every 30 seconds. drives me batty!!! I feel your pain! One thing that seems to help is picking something she really wants...but she can't have it until her fruit is ate. Good luck!
We need new windows too....crummy cheap builder
Now get that WO!

-
This post interrupted by Puke#8 :(:(:(
-

Colleen, She'll be thrilled w/ the laptop! If you want to do more maybe a cute shirt so she can think of you when she wears it????
Starting a new job would be STRESSFUL!!! You're doing great! Have fun at the party tonight!

Katie, Have fun w. mom and I hope Collin gets better too!

Shirl, Is & Ju are doign good. Isabel had this earlier in the week but not nearly as bad. Julia's keeping healthy..maybe the breastmilk vaccine I've been giving her!;):p
GLad pub school is going well! Did you kinda wander around at first wondeirng what to do with all your time?!?! LOL
Congrats to you on your cert! That is awesome! Wish you could be my PT!

-
Better go tend to my patient.....she wants the laptop!:D I jsut hope she doen't gak on it!:eek::eek::eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.