Buff Badgers

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today I am doing a run and STS disk 7. Didn't do anything over the weekend.

It sounds like you are all keeping busy with getting ready for school. Had a good time with my family last week. I watched the second JV soccer game on Sat. that DS15 played in. They lost at the last second. Tonight is sign up for flag football and another soccer game.

Have a great day.

Morning All,

Well no workout for me yet, but I'm planning on doing Results 10 Days Upper, and a 30 min run. Had so much fun this weekend, that I think I wore myself out. :D We where actually cold on Saturday! :eek: I was telling everyone that it probably was what the weather was like in 1574, because they where going through a mini ice age. :) I was comfortable all day long.

Lala, We only have two weekends left of the faire, and I'm glad that it will be ending soon. DH had to let a member of our group go, but he is still around to cause trouble. :(

Karen, Glad you had a good time with your family.

Have a great day!

Laurie

HI there! Oh my legs were sore all weekend after doing S/H Legs Friday! :eek:Saturday I walked for 40mn then did pilates for an hour. After that I could barely walk! Yesterday was even worse so I did nothing! Today my legs are still a little sore but I will be getting on the elliptical for 30mn and then S/H Chest & Back.

Over the weekend I just ran some errands and then organized all the back-to-school supplies.I am ready!:D

Laurie, glad the weather was good for you this weekend. By the looks of things it should be cooler this coming weekend as well!:)

Karen, glad you had fun with your family! Soccer should be almost over, right?

Have a great day ladies! Susan

Karen - Are the kids excited about back to school?

Laurie - I'm glad you were comfortable on Saturday. It was chilly watching football so I was glad I brought a sweatshirt along. DD was wearing shorts and t-shirt so wrapped herself in a blanket. Only 2 more weekends? The summer went by quick! Why do the troublemakers always stick around? grrrr

Susan - I'm glad the soreness in your legs is easing off. Is this the first time you've done this workout in a while or did you go really heavy with the weights?

I changed my mind and did Drill Max Friday night instead of BM2. Saturday and Sunday were busy, busy, busy with football, back to school shopping and hemming marching band pants. Didn't work out at all and ate like crap.:( This morning was Turbo Jam ReMix 2 and a Leslie mile. It was hard getting up at 4:30 but I'm glad I did.

DS had 2 great scrimmages on Saturday. He got 6 tackles - 2 of them sacks - and his coach said he did very well. Another busy week although today and tomorrow will be light with football practice and that's it.

Good Morning,

I am debating on doing STS legs but I have bike ride tonight if the rain stops. If it doesn't stop we won't be biking and I'll wish I had done my leg workout. Don't want to do both because I am really tired already and its early.

Sue, DS is doing well in football. DD6 is the only one excited to go back to school. What about your kids?

susan, how heavy did you go doing S/H? Soccer for HS just started and goes through Oct. Flag football for DS11 starts Sat. DD6 Basketball starts in Sept.

Laurie, glad the weather was comfortable. Do less people come out on cooler or hotter days?

Enjoy your day.

Hi!:D

Today I have not done anything yet!:p I know I will be doing Pilates on the Ball but I need to do some cardio too. I just don't "feel" like doing any! LOL! We'll see how my day goes. DD and I need to go get our haircut plus some other running around. DS has football practice later.

Karen, I only used 50# on my legs but I think after not doing strength and focusing on Pilates so much, it was a shock to them! I have not done S/H in so long, my body is not used to it! My chest and Back were hurting yesterday but feel good today. My chest muscles were shaking so badly while working out yesterday, I thought they were going to give out!

Hi Sue!
Hi Laurie!
Hi Lala!

Have a great day! Susan

Karen - They don't want to admit it but both kids are excited about school starting. They're both starting new schools so it's exciting. If I were you I'd do a shorter workout other than legs just in case the rain stops and do legs tomorrow.

Susan - So are you going to stick with S&H for awhile or are you done shocking your body? I have a feeling I'd be in the same boat if I tried S&H after months of circuits and endurance workouts.

DH and I walked 2 miles last night and this morning I walked 2 miles. Didn't feel like doing any more than that. One of those low energy days I guess.

Afternoon All,

Today I only got done Results 10 Days Upper. Way to tired yesterday to do anything after church. :( One nice thing, was DH and I renewed our wedding vows yesterday in church. The sermon involved marriage, so our pastor included it in the service. Way cool, because DH and I will be celebrating our 21st anniv. on Thursday. :D

Karen, Well I don't know what to tell ya, but I'm hoping you get your bike workout in. That means that the rain stopped. :eek: The faire was actually on the news in Chicago, because the traffic was backed up at 10am on Sunday morning. So I would say that the people like the cooler weather. ;)

Susan, I think we can all relate to the not wanting to do any workout syndrome. :D That was me yesterday, and I did have a little bit of it this morning, but got that DVD done. ;) I need to get in some of my 1RM's in before I start STS. Wonder when I plan on getting that done. :rolleyes:

Sue, I think my girls are excited about school too. Way better being with their friends that the parents. Oldest has already started filling her social calander. Friday is the first football game, and her new BF is the running back for the team. :rolleyes: So I'm sure that she will be attending as many fb games as she can. :rolleyes: It is even more scarry, when she is going with her friends, because when you are a junior most of your friends drive. :cool:

I was late today, because I helped with the cookout here at work. Now I smell like charcoal and grease! :p My co-worker (who is in his early 20's) proposed to his gf last night, and he is getting lots of ribbing from all the guys here at work. :D My office is up to 83 deg, and I have a tank top on. At least spending all that time outdoors, I am getting rid of my farmer tan arms. :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hey Sue, my DD is now getting excited since she got her hair done! It looks so much better!

I plan on doing S/H for 4 weeks and this is my 2nd week. There's a lot of gruntin' and groanin' going on now! LOL! Depending on how I am feeling I may add on 2 additional weeks...

Laurie, I too have little motivation today! I think it's the rain we're having. Just one of those "rainy, stay on the couch and read a good book" kind of days! I still have to get my Pilates workout in! Hope to do that while DS and DH are at football practice!

Take care- Susan

So you guys had a cool weekend? Ours was actually nice for a change, but the cooler weather is coming! Got in a run on Fri. Sat I took DDs shopping, so that´s all I did!

Yesterday I did another run and today GSBSB. I am Back to school this week:( the kids start next Tues.

Susan, you are getting in a lot of good leg workouts. And "changing it up" really works...the other day I did the legs in Kick Max and had major DOMS!

Sue, I love Drill Max!

Karen, did you get the bike ride in?

Laurie, hope you enjoy your final weeks of faire!

Hello,

Yesterday I ended up doing STS legs and my bike ride. The ride was only 33 miles because of getting dark earlier. Today I am going to do STS disk 8 and some type of cardio.

Lala, you are getting lots of running in. Hope you get lots done this week before the kids come back. How far are you running now?

Susan, can you post pictures of your DD hair? Glad your kids are excited. Are you going back to work in the lunch area again this year? I think 50 is good for legs. Funny how heavy weights do better for my body type.

Laurie, neat on renewing your wedding vows. Congrats on the upcoming 21 years. We are a year behind you. We celebrated our 20 in June.

Sue, neat the kids are excited about starting new schools. Sounds like they are already pretty involved. Probably should have taken your advice on working out yesterday but I didn't get back on until later in the eve.

Have a wonderful day ladies.

Morning All,

Today my workout was Results 10 Days Lower. :D Don't know if I can get anything in later today, because we have school registration for oldest.

Susan, We didn't get the rain until last night, so I actually had a sun burn yesterday. :eek: Bet your DD is cute in her new hair cut.

Lala, Yep our weather was down right cold. Long pants and sweat shirt where what was required wear on Saturday. ;)

Karen, WTG on getting both your workouts in.

Have a great day!

Susan - DD gets a haircut and highlights on Saturday so she'll beeven more excited for school then. You should be really buff after 4-6 weeks of of S&H.

Laurie - DD being in a car with other teens freaks me out! :eek: Will have to get over that within the next 2 years. I have no tan whatsover. Last year I had some color from watching all DS' baseball games but this year he didn't play as many, they were later in the day and we had a nice covering to shade the bleachers. Kept us cool but my legs are SO white it's embarassing.

Lala - Good job keeping up with your workouts despite being back to school. I'll bet the real craziness hasn't started yet though.

Karen - Are you feeling it in your legs today? If I tried to do what you did yesterday, I'd sure be sore.

I think I need to take a few days off. The next few days are so busy anyway I may have no oher choice. Slept in so didn't have time for much of a workout. I did curtsy lunges and shoulders with Gilad on Fit TV this morning (about 15 min.) Better than nothing. Tonight is marching band rehearsal, football practice and middle school open house so no time to do anything afterwards. Maybe if I get to bed early tonight and I can actually do something tomorrow morning.

HI Gang! I was back at work at the High Scool cafeteria today!:p I woke early and walked Ruby and then jumped on the elliptical. I am heading down right now to do S/H Bi's & Tri's! Tomorrow I am back ot the H.S for a few hours.

Karen, I feel firmer so I think I am building muscle at least! I will try to take a pic of my DD but she is "camera shy"!:)

Sue, The important thing is to be consistent with your workouts and you are. Whether you do 15mn or 60mn at least you do something!

Laurie, that is so sweet you and DH were able to re-new your vows before your anniversary! How cool! :D Hope you enjoy your anniversary!

Hi Lala! You sure are getting your running in! Hope the schol year starts well for you!

Well, I better get my rear down there and pump up these muscles! See ya later!

Susan

Morning,

Today I am doing cardio. Not sure what yet. I'll report back.

Open houses are finished. Now we just wait for school to start. Get to watch a soccer game tonight. Signed DD up for basketball last night. She is excited to play again this year.

Laurie, hope you got your workout in. You always seem to some how.

Sue, glad you got some exercise in anyway. I bet DD hair will look beautiful. Rest and hopefully you will have some more energy.

Susan, wish I had a job to go back to. You got a lot of workouts in yesterday. Nice job.

Lala, hope school prep is going well.

Have a great day.

Morning All,

Today was NMTZ Warm-up and Circuits 1-4. Got in some 1RM's last night, figured I should get those done before I start up STS. :p

Wonder if DD16 is going to have her CC meet today, since it is raining. But who knows, by 2pm it could be all gone. ;)

Sue, Just do what workouts you can, anything even walking is bennificial. ;) My legs are white also, with the weather I have been wearing more pants than shorts this summer. Plus the fact that my legs are covered all weekend. :rolleyes:

Susan, Isn't it fun to be back to work, are you as excited as the kids? :D DD16 had registration last night, and of course pictures. I had to write out 3 checks, and that wasn't even for any lunch tickets. :rolleyes: Her locker is by the boys locker room, and already the stench is just horrid! :confused:

Karen, As you can see my workout consisted of the 1RM's. Did you buy any of the platemates or anything like that to help with the weird weights they say you need for 60%. :confused:

Have a great day!

Laurie, I bought platemates for the additional weight. The really don't help much. I use my wrist and ankle weights or weighted gloves most of the time to add the extra weight because they come in 1 1/4 pound and most don't go up by that much. Glad you are getting you 1 rep maxs in. I didn't redo them the second time. Just using what I used last time since I struggled then.

Ended up doing All Cardio Hi-Low Knockout by Amy B. Didn't seem as hard as it used to but I wasn't in the mood to workout so maybe I didn't give it my all. Also the dog was in the way and the kids were fighting. Our dvd player is broken so I had to use the small computer screen which I couldn't see very well from the living room. I guess all this made for a not so good workout. I guess I should have just run, but I didn't feel like doing that either.

Have a good day.

Karen, Thanks for the info. I have 1lb weighted gloves, and I was thinking of getting the wrist weights. So might invest in 2lb ones for those. :D I have ankle weights, so I think I'm all set then. ;)

Hi all!

Laurie - Aside from the stench, it sounds like having a locker next to the boys locker room would be a great place for checking out boys. :D I'm taking your advice and doing what I can.

Forced myself out of bed and did Biggest Loser Cardio Max segment 1 + the step blast from MIC. It was only 30 min. but that's twice as long as yesterday! The thing is, I'm okay once I start working out so it's not like I'm fatigued or overtraining. Mentally, I just want to sleep later! I think it's partly because I'm not getting enough down time at night. Open House at the high school tonight so more chasing around. Things should settle down next week (crossing my fingers ;)).

HI all! This morning I walked the dog then I had to get ready to go back to the H.S for an all-staff breakfast and meeting. When I got home I cleaned up the yeard and mowed the lawn. I need to get my pilates in yet. I am heading to my friends home right now. She is having a BIG moving sale. She is a bonified shop-aholic and needs to clear things out! ;)I told her I would help get rid of some things!:D

Both kids have Open House from 5-7 today. DS is excited but I think DD is nervous.

Sue, good job on getting your workout in.

Karen, sounds like it was rough workout! I hate it when I have "one of those" workouts. Just makes me grumpy!:mad:

Laurie, good job one working on those 1 rep max's! When do you plan to start STS?

My triceps were a little sore this morning. Not really looking forward to Legs & Shoulders tomorrow! :eek:

Bye for now! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.