Buff Badgers

Hi! I am pretty much ready for Tues. Taking DD17 on one more shopping run! Today I did GS CT, yesterday did KPC. Yes, I´m getting some good runs in, but keep them to 4 miles or under...for now, anyway!

Susan, back to school for you too! Do you usually work out in the am or later? I find if I don´t do it in the morning it tends not to get done.

Laurie, will this be your second time through with STS? I bought pace weights specifically for this workout and really like them. I use them for other workouts, too.

Sue, well, you may have pale legs, but no wrinkles :)

Karen, just getting in a workout with all the obstacles was good in and of itself!

Morning All,

Well I decided that my Exercise TV was going to waste, so I worked out with Cindy Whitmarsh this morning.:p I tried her Less is More Cardio and all I have to say is GREAT WORKOUT! I was totally drenched with sweat when I was done. She starts out with two 10 min sections that she starts with one exercise then adds on, (so you are doing some TIFTTing but it goes so fast that you don't really care;)). She starts cutting down the amount of time you do each exercise as you progress through the 10 min segment. For the last segment she has three exercises, each done twice for 30 seconds. I'm going to check out the other workouts on the DVD and see if it is worth the purchase just to get Cindy's. Otherwise I will download this particular workout from their web page. ;) The workout is 30 min with a short warm-up and a cool down stretch.

Karen, Dang on the DVD player. :( Has to be hard not being able to see the screen.

Sue, Here is to hoping you start getting that downtime at home. ;) I think we can all relate to not wanting to get up and workout. It sometimes seems like a chore. I think I was going through that this morning, and that is why I decided that Cindy kicking my butt was a good idea.:eek: It was a nice change of pace, and I think a good workout for a cardio option in STS.

Susan, So what goodies did you get from your friends open house? :D I'm planning on starting STS on the 14th of Sept. So I have two more weeks to get the 1RM's in. I'm starting out with all the higher stars, and how much time I have left after my workout. I'm planning on getting in more tonight, with back and triceps. ;)

Lala, I have not done a STS rotation yet, it just didn't work into my schedule. At first I just didn't want to try it, and then summer came. :confused: Didn't think I would have enough time. I think I'm finally at my happy place that I'm willing to get started on it. :rolleyes: Thanks for the info on the platemates. If they don't have them at the sporting goods store, then I probably will not buy them. :(

DH and I went to see Julie/Julia last night, and it was a good movie. The ending was a bit corny though. :confused: We also went to Texas Roadhouse, and I had a salad/steak/sweet potato. Of course I had two of those delicious rolls they have. :p It was a nice time just to do something together.

Have a great day!

Karen - I've used my portable dvd player in hotels before. It's great for traveling but NOT the same as my big flatscreen tv.

Lala - I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't have "any" wrinkles but you're right - that's one upside to not getting much sun .

Laurie - Good job getting your 1RM testing in. You sure have a knack for finding good workouts. I want to go home and try that Cindy Whitmarsh workout right NOW. I'm hoping to have some down time this weekend. DH and I are planning a date night on Saturday.

Susan - Did you get your workouts in before work again?

Went to DD's Open House last night. Her classes are so spread out we just barely made it to the next one in the 5 min. alloted. Hopefully DD will be able to navigate more quickly without all us "old farts" slowing down traffic flow and clogging up the hallways. Otherwise she'll have to carry all her books and folders with her all day long.

Busy weekend. Tonight is DD's first Marching Band performance. DS will be marching on the field also with the other kids in 5th-8th grade football. There's a tailgate before so we'll go to that to eat before the game. Tomorrow DS has a football game in Milwaukee and DD gets haircut & highlights. Saturday night is date night. Sunday is a fun football practice for DS with the Carroll College football players. Hope to get a workout or two in there somewhere. Yikes!

Hi!:D Well, I am happy that workout is over! LOL Ellipitcal (Random) for 35mn followed by S/H Legs & Shoulders. Yes, I will be sore again tomorrow! :eek: Ah well, it's all worth it!

Sue, that date night sounds nice. My DH and I need one of those! Didn't have to work today so I slept in a little bit! Hope your DD likes her new hair!

Laurie, I too am going to check out that Whitmarsh workout! Sounds fun! At my friends sale I bought some wall hangings, candles (ya know those ones that cost $15-$20 in the store? I got them for a buck!), a few Christmas and Halloween decorations, oh!And I have been looking everywhere for new stainless steel utensils. Well, everywhere I have looked they are too expensive as far as I am concerned. My friend had a brand new, still in the box, setting for 12 people, for $15! She said she paid $100 when she bought them! I was very happy! She gave me a deal!

My Mom is coming to town tomorrow!:D:D She arrived in Wisconsin from Tucson on Monday. She and her DH have been down in Beloit with my Aunt (Mom's twin) who's recovering from surgery. Anyway, they are coming up here for the weekend! I haven't seen her in 2 years! So happy to finally give her a hug! Nothing like a good ol' hug from Mom... Sunday probably nothing much...Today I am heading out to buy more school clothes! DS has holes in all but 1 pair of jeans!!LOL!:p

Check back later -Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.