Buff Badgers March 21-25

kaykay

Cathlete
Hi

Today I did S90 chest,tri,shoulders and S90 Legs. Yesterday I went for a walk and Sat. I rode 32 miles on the tandem.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. This morning I did Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Ouch...is what I have to say to double wave load. Today I received a compliment that I was looking "leaner". :D I guess those squats are paying off.

Karen---looks like we worked the same muscle groups today.

Good Morning everyone. Just finished cardio premix and abs from Low Impact Circuit. I LOVE THE MUSIC!! It is one fun workout. This newer workouts just doesn't have the fun music! Those banana abs at the end of the ab section is a killer.

Tomorrow is LEGS!!!!!!!! My quads are just starting to feel better. It is amazing how one week my hamstrings are sore and then the next it is the quads...I guess Cathe knows how to keep us guessing.

HI there! Sorry I did not get on the computer yesterday! My weekend was pretty quiet. Saturday I did Jillian's BFBM and on Sunday I was kind of lazy and just went for a walk. Monday was the elliptical for 45mn,some pilates and then I took our dog for an extra long walk (60mn). Today is Cathe's Bootcamp. I found a book I had bought with over 100 pilates exercises in it. They also have workouts for beg,interm,and advanced. Their advanced has many exercises that are not done in any of my workouts so I have been practicing them on my own.

I am thinking of getting Cathe's 4-Day Split Series since I have a coupon for $30 off. If any of you have it, please let me know what you think about it. From watching the previews they look like fun!:)

Karen, must feel nice to get back on the tandem again! Are you guys in for a big storm tomorrow or is it supposed to miss you? My Spring Break weather has not been very "Springy"!

Heartymax, eventually those legs should not get so sore for you. But you are right Cathe does like to keep them guessing! Make sure you get lots of stretching in when you can, that helps!

Hi Lala!
Hi Laurie!!
Hi Sue!!!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning Ladies,

Sorry about being MIA yesterday, busy at work! :rolleyes: I didn't workout at all this weekend, to many things going on. Yesterday was S90 Cardio Challenge (wanted to try it out), and this morning was S90 Legs. Tomorrow starts my official start with the S90 rotation.

Karen, WTG on the workouts!

heartymax, Got to love those double wave loads, they sure do give the muscles a challenge. Have fun with the leg workout.

Susan, I love the weight work on the 4-Day split, but the two step workouts are something that I just couldn't do. LOVE the kickboxing portion! I think the weight portions are some of the best that she has done.

DD18 was accepted into UW Whitewater, we received the letter yesterday. :D There was much jubilation coming from her last night. She will have to attend the summer orientation program with the assistance program that she is in, but that is something that was the most frightening thing for her to deal with. This way she will be well aquainted with the campus, her classes and the Whitewater area before the term starts.

Have a great day!

Laurie - CONGRATS to DD on being accepted at Whitewater! :D How exciting. It's my alma mater so I'm a little biased but it's a great school. How did you like Cardio Challenge? I thought Tabata was harder but CC surprised me because it started out easy and built in intensity.

Susan - I love the 4DS weight work and the step workouts. The choreography is a little tricky with the step workouts but lots of FUN! I see Laurie and I disagree on this one. ;) I never do the 4DS Boot Camp or Kickbox - don't know why. :confused:

Heartymax - Keep up the good work! Sounds like Meso 2 is challenging your muscles.

Karen - Are you getting ready for bicycling season? Any races or events planned?

I've been having more of a rest week than active recovery week. Took 2 rest days and the cardio I've been doing is intermediate stuff. Did Gilad Step 'n Tone, Leslie 5 Fat Burning Miles, Biggest Loser Cardio Max. Did Power Hour abs the Pilates abs from Exercise TV. Oh, and I tried the Shake Weight Upper Body workout. That's 9 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :( What a joke! I had to try it though out of curiousity.

Meso 2 starts tomorrow so I better get to bed early. I think these workouts are a bit longer than Meso 1.

Have a great day!

HI! Last night our internet went crazy just when I wanted to check in! :confused:

this weekend I did a 5 mile run. Went to Appleton on Sun. this is my rest week and that is what I´m doing :D

DD22 tried a pilates that was on netflix and said she was sore! I may try that this week!

Karen, nice to get out on the bike again! But I bet you didn´t today :(

Susan, I love 4DS, I like the step but my favorites are the kickboxing and boot camp...I do those a lot if I only have 30 minutes for cardio. I would certainly get it!

Sue, LOL about the shake weight. It seems uuummm, well, watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWTCs2HYHWw It was the most innocent I could find :eek:

Laurie, Congrats to DD!!! Going there early to get familiar with the campus, etc will be great for her

Heartymax, You are reminding me of all these great Cathe DVDs that I haven´t used in a while and will have to get out!

Just finished my STS leg workout for this week. I can't do those one legged sit and stands so I just do regular sit and stands with a heavier weight.

Before I forget, I will be out of town Friday- Monday. I gotta play catch up on my workouts when I get back. Loving STS!

Sue--- I always wondered about the shake weight...LOL! Maybe the kids can have fun with it.:D

Susan---You did enough cardio on Monday to last a few days.

Laurie---I see you are about to start another rotation. You are so good with it! Congrats to your DD and best wishes to her in college. They grow up so fast. My oldest will be 13 soon and it so hard for me to believe.

It´s unusual that I am one of the first to post, but SNOW DAY!!!:D:D:D

Usually I take advantage and do a long workout, but rest week...so will probably get caught up on house work and ahead on my lesson planning...ahh it feels so relaxing ;)

Morning Ladies,

Supreme 90 Chest & Back for me this morning. I really liked this workout, and started out with weights I used in Meso 2. Ended up going down in weight by the third round. The third circuit the exercisers only did two rounds, so I hit the pause button so I could finish. I was hitting the pause buttong on every round, they where just going way to fast. Right now I'm feeling my chest, back & abs.

Sue, I am surprised at all these workout so far. I was sweating during the chest & back. I loved that he used weights in Cardio Challenge, and I was able to keep my heart rate up during all of it. Sorry about the 9 min. loss of time on the shake weight, maybe you need to send that equipment to Goodwill for someone else to use. :D

Lala, Have a great snow day! I'm so glad that we didn't get the snow, it was bad enough with the pouring rain that we got last night. What pilates workout did your dd try out?

heartymax, I was never able to do those one legged sit n stands. I kept the leg that was suppose to be elevated on the floor, but slightly further out. I just kept moving the foot further out each time, but I'm still not 100% able to do it. My youngest just turned 14, and she was happy that her sister will be gone. She said that she gets to be an only child for the first time in her life! :D

Have a great day!

Lala - LOL on the shake weight video! I've seen the one from Saturday Night Live so I knew the joke about it. Just can't believe my KIDS gave this to me! :eek: I don't know if they get the joke but I suspect they do - and I'm certainly not going to ask! Happy Snow Day! I'm jealous but I'm off tomorrow so can't complain too much.

Heartymax - I can't do those sit and stands either with a regular chair so I tried a bar stool height chair instead and that's much easier but still challenges the muscle so that's what I'm going to use from now on. Although I should try Laurie's method and see which one I like better.

Laurie - I'm saving the shake weight for a Christmas gift exchange! :D My siblings and I do a White Elephant gift exchange with a dice game. I'll wrap it up so no one knows what it is and see who ends up with it. I'll even throw in the dvd! LOL I'm excited about a Supreme 90 rotation now. Are you doing the full 90 days or something shorter?

Hi Susan and Karen! :)

I did STS Disc 13 this morning - well the chest and shoulders anyway. I ran out of time so will do the triceps tonight. Probably not the best way to do STS but it's going to have to do. I'm off tomorrow to go bumming with 2 of my sisters. We'll do lunch and a little shopping. One sister is visiting from Denver and I don't get to see her very much so I'm looking forward to it. Hope to get my workout in beforehand but I may choose to sleep in instead. :D

Hi ladies! Today is pilates and lots of snow blowing/shoveling!:mad: Right now my arms/shoulders are shaking cause they are so tired! I am soaked with sweat and sick of SNOW! Not they way I envisioned my Spring Break!

Thanks for the advice on 4-Day. I will be getting it!:)

Laurie, congrats to DD on Whitewater. 2 of my brothers went as well and they really liked it.

Sue, you have been doing quite a variety of workouts! Sorry to hear the shake weight was a joke. I had read about it recently in a magazine that if you have been exercising regularly, it is not for you.

Lala, glad you are enjoying your rest week! One of these weeks I may be able to convice myself to do that, but I get so worried that I'll gain weight! My metabolism is as slow as a sloth! :eek: Enjoy the snow day!

Heartymax, I have never done 1 legged sit and stands and don't think I would want to try! LOL!

Karen, did you get snowed in??

I have got to go get in the shower, and then I'll probably be shoveling again in a couple hours!:(

Have a good night!
Susan

Morning Ladies,

Wow my abs are sore today! I don't know if it is the combo of doing the ab work in C&B plus Ultimate Ball this morning, or just Ultimate Ball itself. I know that I really made sure that I engaged my core this morning during the plank work, so I'm thinking that is the reason. Overall I like that the abs hurt so good. :eek:

Sue, Have fun bumming with your sisters, and of course having the day off of work too. What a great way to get rid of the weight. :D So far I'm going to do the full 90 days, I might even extend it because the last month only uses the first two weight workouts. Might add in another three weeks of the second set of weight workouts.

Susan, Sorry to hear that you guys got dumped on like that, I was happy with just the rain. ;) I'm thinking that DD18 will have a wonderful time at college, but she is super nervous about it also.

Have a wonderful day!

Just a quick check-in. My only exercise yesterday was walking Tank...he LOVES the snow and just runs/lopes through it, so I purposely took him on uncleaned sidewalks :) Then I did a little snowblowing. Thought about the shovel but after partially doing the steps decided the thrower was better!

Did a LOT of baking :) so brought it in to work!

Laurie, my youngest didn´t like being the only child. She commented that now we were always aware of where she was, what she was doing, etc. Apparently when the other kids were home, we didn´t pay that much attention :eek:

Susan, it is a bummer that this snow happened during your break, I was afraid that might happen to me. I get more excited than the kids, I think! *Almost* did pilates yesterday...I have to look at the netflix and let you know which one it is...it´s one of the few that is streaming.

Hi gang! Today was suppposed to be KPC but my shoulders are still very sore from shoveling and blowing yesterday. Don't think I could handle the punching! So I am going to do IMAX2 which I have not done in forever! I may regret this choice when I am done!:eek:

Laurie, yes, I do live it when my abs get sore. And I agree it was probably from holding your core really tight during the plank work. Good job!

Lala, I was just thinking while walking Ruby today, how much she loves walking in the snow! She was acting like a puppy, jumping and leaping everywhere. When it was warmer out last week, she acted like an old lady!:D Yes, let me know which pilates workout it is, and when you do try it - have fun!

Well, I better go hop on that step!

Have a good day/night! Susan

Hi, snowed in yesterday, got 12 inches of yuky snow. Just shoveled the sidewalk and had a plow do our driveway for 15 bucks. Did some snowshoeing yesterday and S90 back/biceps. Today I did CCC.

Laurie, congrats on DD's acceptance to college. How exciting. Nice job on your workouts. Don't you love when you have doms?

Susan, how was Imax 2? Our dog loves the snow too. He went snowshoeing with us yesterday. It looked like a winterwonderland.

Lala, smart choice on bringing the baking into work. I'd eat it.:DI love snow days.

Sue, have fun with your sisters. Nice job fitting in those meso 2 workouts. Whatever it takes.

Hi Heartymax.

Enjoy the day.

Susan, Karen and Lala-----I hope it is the last time you will need your snow shovel for a while.

Laurie----I am loving the core work that I am doing lately too. I can see some changes so it keeps me motivated.

Since we are leaving in the middle of the night/early morning for our trip, I decided to STS Back and Biceps today instead of cardio. I would rather skip cardio than skip my STS workout. Anyway, I will be back on Monday night and will be doing my Monday STS workout on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend ladies and I will catch up when I return.

Morning Ladies,

S90 Tabata Inferno for me this morning. I still love this workout, and it is nice not to have that same warm-up to do again. Still wondering when that warm-up and cool down will get old. :D

Lala, My oldest said the same thing. Apparently her friends said that their parents watched them more than ever. :eek: I'm a snowblower girl also, that shovel can stay in the garage. :D

Susan, So how was Imax2, I'm guessing that you probably enjoyed it. That one was always the best of the three. ;) IMO of course.

Karen, Yuck on the snow! I'm so glad that we only got a trace. I may regret all the DOMS after this first week. I don't know when I have had my core sore day after day like this. It isn't that it hurts, you just know that you have worked it good. Three workouts with ab work in it, I better have a tough core after I'm done. :D

heartymax, Have a great vacation.

Have a great day!

Hello! Well today I did a 60mn pilates workout that I designed myself from the book I have. It was tough because the book suggests higher reps than most videos have you do. I also incorporated exercises I have never done before. I was sweating and my muscles were shaking all over! I hope to get on the elliptical later for a quick interval workout.

Laurie, yes, I loved IMAX2 yesterday. Very glad I chose it. My shoulders are still a bit tender today. I would rather be like you and have sore abs!

Heartymax, enjoy your weekend!!:D

Karen, 12 inches?! I sure it hope it melts quickly!

Hi Sue! Hope you enjoyed the time with your sisters!

No plans for my weekend - hope you all enjoy yours!

Susan

Hi,

Today I did Rip 60 Power and Strength, first one I tried, not sure what I think of it. I did a relaxing yoga and then a 1 mile snowshoe walk with Snickers.

Laurie, my abs are not sore from S90, don't know why. I didn't like the Tabata workout that much, the weight segments lost my heartrate a lot. Is this what tabata is?

Susan, sounds like a tough workout. You are going to do elliptical too. You are a machine. Enjoy your restful weekend.

Heading to my DD 18 best friends wedding. She is maid of honor and also singing for the ring ceremony.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.