BUFF BADGERS 7/30 - 8/3

susanz

Cathlete
:DGood Morning Ladies! My weekend was nice, quiet and I got a ton accomplished. Feels really good to tackle those things that seem to have always been on my "to do " list! Saturday was To the Max, and Sunday was a 45mn walk and some pilates. Stayed on track with my clean eating all weekend too,

Today I started my new rotation with P90X Core Synergistics. Still love that workout.

Finally made it to Half Priced Books on Saturday. I bought a 10mn Solutions Pilates dvd that looks like it'll be a good addition. I also got the original Power 90 cardio (circuits 3-4) and Strength (circuits 3-4).
They look pretty good as well.

I have always told my DH that I thought our scale was off by almost 3 pounds. He said it was all in my head. I would take my free weights and put them on it, and show him it was off and he would say how do you know it's not the weights that are off? So this weekend I bought a new scale. Stood on it when I got home and was almost 3 pounds lighter than the old one. I explained to DH when you are trying to lose weight and your a woman, those "3 pounds" can make a lot of difference!:p

Have a great Monday! Stay cool~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

No workout for me this morning, just way to tired. I think I'm in that exercise funk, because the workouts I'm doing are not fun. :( I'm going to try Chris Freytags 10lb Slimdown Xtreme this week to see how it goes. I think faire has a lot to do with the mindset. My DH had some passes pulled from people this weekend, and had asked his assistant to do two others. Another person was given the opportunity to move to a different troupe. Just so you know the assistant "hates" this person. The two people the assistant was asked to pull where her friends, and guess what the pass pulling didn't happen (she went over DH's head). I tell you it is like being in High School, these people just don't think of it that way. Way to klicky, and DH is stressing himself out. I'm feeling like I did the first year he was director of these people. :rolleyes: I'm ready to end the party right now, but I understand that DH wants to end his term as director on a good footing. Sorry for that, end of rant! :D

Susan, Those sound like great finds at HPB. I got a Power Half Hour Thigh & Bun workout. Maybe that is one I should just do to see if Tony can give me a good laugh while I workout. :D LOL about the scale, you are right on wanting to know the correct weight. I don't think that I have ever tested our scale to see if it was accurate.;) Have fun with your new rotation.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I very much enjoyed my 4 days away from work. Hated having to go back today but gotta make a living. The past 4 days were productive. It was a good feeling. Saturday morning the leg felt pretty good so I actually did Afterburn. Granted I had major DOM for STS legs on Friday. During the day on Saturday my lower back majorily tightened up on me. I feel like I turned 45 and more things are going wrong. :( I've been continuing to do more stretching. Yesterday I did some Yoga from the X-Factor.

Susan - That is too funny with the scale. You are right that to a woman.. 3 lbs is huge. Glad you had a nice weekend. Sounds like your doing fantastic on the workouts.

Laurie - Hopefully you can get out of your exercise funk with trying something different. Once in a while that is all it takes.

Hi Sue, Sam, and Heartymax!

Make it a great day!
Brenda

Hello! Today was Pilates Max. Burn and 10mn Solutions Pilates Burn segment. My back feels great, but my bum and thighs are burning! :D

Laurie, it sounds like it is time to step away from the Faire. I hate it when people can be to catty. Just think how much calmer next Summer will be!:) Hope you get out of your funk.Maybe look over what you have and make up a rotation using only your favorites for a week or so...

Brenda, glad you had a good break from work. The reason I am glad I started pilates about 7 years ago cause it really helps my back and hamstings. My lower back has been bothering me lately too, so I am glad I will be doing it more often for now. I have read if our lower back is hurting, it is usually due to tight hamstrings.

HI Sue!
Hi Hearty!

I know Sam is up north... wish I was!:rolleyes:

Have a good day! Susan

Susan---I have never thought about testing my scale either. I may have to do that. I feel that it is pretty accurate and my weight is usually the same (within a pound) when I go to the doctor so I have trusted it over the years.

Brenda--Glad you enjoyed your days off. After Burn the day after STS Legs----can you still walk?? :eek:

Laurie---Oh my---not having fun with your workouts. You have such a huge collection of workouts. Susan gave you some great advice. Pick out something fun and do it for the next few weeks.

On Saturday I did Athletic Training and Sunday was AfterBurn. Monday was off and today was 50 minutes on the elliptical. No planks yet. Maybe later.

Hi Sue and Sam!

Morning Ladies,

Well I have a much better lookout on life this morning. :) No workout last night, because I had to go to church. This is going to sound corny, but I think the pastor knows what is going on in your life and the sermon always seems geared for my thoughts. Anyway I feel that is why I felt so much better about life when I woke up. ;)

I did 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Total Body, and Bonus Buns. Will see if this is what will help with the funk, but I know that I'm looking forward to doing the kickboxing workout tomorrow. ;)

Brenda, Glad to hear the time off was good for you, we all need that time off. Take care of that leg of yours!

Susan, DH and I are going to be stepping away next year. He is really not enjoying this year at all, and that is heartbreaking to see. It will be hard for him, but I know it is something that will be good for the whole family. I have always enjoyed the Slimdown workouts, so I hope these workouts do there majic. :D

heartymax, You and Susan are right, it all comes down to finding something that makes us want to workout. WTG on those workouts, you are doing an awesome job.

Have a great day!

Sorry I didn't post last week. Had a haircut and mammo (my first digital one) and took Friday off to tour UW-Platteville with DD. The rain screwed up my workout schedule last week. I wanted to do Couch to 5K but either it was rainy or too hot and I wanted to get in my running before Plyo Legs because I definitely didn't want to run the day AFTER Plyo Legs! Finally I did Results Lower Body which is cardio and an easier leg workout. Did tons of walking at Platteville and then FINALLY did Couch to 5K on Saturday Week 8 Day 2. I have 1 more workout to go and then I'm officially done with Couch to 5K. On Sunday I did STS Disc 26 Plyo Legs. Yesterday I didn't have time to do STS Disc 27 so went outside for a brisk walk. I walked the 1st mile and then jogged the 2nd. It felt good to jog but go a shorter distance. Mentally it's very hard for me to jog for 30 min. because I'm ready to quit after 10. Last night I did STS Disc 27. Nothing yet today.

Laurie - I'm glad you're feeling better today. I imagine the long hours and hot weather factor in how people act at Faire.

Heartymax - Oh, yeah, planks. . . :eek: I did some last night but need to get back on track with that.

Susan - Interesting about low back pain and tight hamstrings. I get low back pain at times (not very often) and that's probably why. My scale is pretty accurate but has 1 fluke. If you get off the 1st time and it says "C" you have to weigh again because it is calibrating. I like the 2nd number because it is usually about 5 pounds less and that number is close to the doctor's scale.

Brenda - Glad you took some time off. I noticed your Avatar picture for the first time today. Nice to "see" you! :)

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I wanted to post real quick and then go eat my lunch outside.

This morning I behaved myself and did The Biggest Loser Yoga. It felt really good. Leg and low back are gradually feeling better.

Susan - What pilate workouts do you like best. I have some first Winsor Pilates VHS's but they don't play the best. I have also heard that it helps with the low back and I can believe it is due to tight hamstrings because they do feel tighter than normal when I'm stretching them.

Heartymax - LOL!!! I actually had a hard time walking due to DOMS for two days with doing STS legs and Afterburn. What was I thinking. :D

Laurie - Glad you have a much better lookout on life today. I've had a bit of a bad attitude the last couple of days and I need to do a check up from the neck up and get my attitude back inline. :)

Hi Sue and Sam!!

Brenda

Hi there! This morning was Intensity: Step + Hi HiiT premix. :)

Laurie, I am glad you had a better outlook yesterday. It is amazing how those Pastors seem to talk right to you, isn't it?;)

Sue, You have done great with your Couch to 5k!:D

Brenda, I have most of Mari Winsor Pilates workouts. I like them all! She has a couple newer DVDs that work well for all levels. I just went and looked at her new series the other night and that got me thinking.... I have tried the Stott pilates series and she is very good also. I do not own any of them though.

Better go and get ready for the day! Have a great one ladies~ Susan

STS Plyo Legs Disc 26. Wow! I love the cardio effect. I think it has been a while since I faced tuck jumps. I opted for the jump up and down move on the step instead.:D

Laurie---that is so funny about the Pastor's message. It goes to show that pastors are human and stay truly connected to their congregation and messages needed for members and society.

Brenda---WTG on listening to your body and chosing the right workouts.

Susan--my favorite Intensity Premix is Step and Hit Lo. That Hi version is one butt kicker:eek:

I got back to work next week. I have enjoyed my summer and trying to fit it many medical appointments the last few weeks for me and the kids. I had my physical this week and all blood work came back well. The doctor said my good cholesterol level was one of the best she has seen. Some people are not able to get those numbers in a high range and mine was great she said. I have never had any problems and I hope I can continue and this pace with my healthy lifestyle.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing, and it was a lot of fun. Have no plans for after work, so I should be able to get in a couple of kettlebell workouts that I missed. ;)

Sue, How many more colleges will you be looking at? What is your dd thinking of for a major? My dd changed her major to entreprenerialship. She wants to get into wedding planning, and I think she would be very good at it. You did an awesome job with the c25k. ;)

Brenda, I like that check-up from the neck up. :D Will have to remember that for the future when I get into one of these funks. ;) WTG on keeping on track with the yoga, and making sure you leg doesn't get worse.

Susan, The most interesting thing about church on Monday, is that DH wasn't getting sleepy (something that usually happens).:rolleyes: I think the sermon helped him also.

heartymax, Back to work, but so glad that you enjoyed your summer. ;) Congrats on the great test results. One of the things I like about these 10lb Slimdown workouts is the cardio effect. I had my HR monitor on during the total body, and it hr was up in the high range.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Evening Ladies!!

Sue - Nice to hear from you :) Is it scarey knowing the DD is going to be going off to college soon? Will be interested in hearing what she wants to major in. Good job on the workouts despite your crazy schedule.

Susan - I'll have to try the VHS's in another player and see if I have the same skipping problem. I do need to get more into the yoga and pilates I think with all the issues I've been having with my low back and all the other achey muscles. :)

Heartymax - Glad to hear all the blood work came back fine. I had to go in for Mammo yesterday. Just a routine check-up. I'm not a fan of tuck jumps, especially when they are done fairly fast.

Laurie - I don't recall where I got that "check up from the neck up" from. It was some motivational speaker. I need to practice my mantra "rise above" more often. When things start getting frustrating or I get angry about something I always say to myself to rise above and let it go on by, it's not worth getting myself all worked about. Doesn't work all the time but once in a while it does.

This morning I did GS Back, Shoulders, and biceps. Had a fairly good workout. Did some extra stretching at the end. My chest is still sore from those drop set push ups on Monday.

DH had to stay out of town for another night. He'll be home tomorrow night. It'll be nice to have him back home.

Time for me to get ready for bed. Everyone have a great night!!
Brenda

Hello! Today was Pilates Power Sculpting(45mn) + a 10mn Ab segment from Pilates 10mn solutions. I am always surprised at how much I can sweat doing pilates... Tummy is feeling a bit sore right now... After work I walk and do another 10mn Pilates section (maybe 2 of them)

Hearty: I have thought about purchasing just the Plyo Legs from STS cause it looks like a great workout. Congrats on the excellent blood work!:)

Laurie, I always love kickboxing. Looking forward to KenpoX tomorrow. Something about all that punching gets rid of stress I think!

Brenda, I could have used that "check up" yesterday at work.. Had a very grumpy day with certain people, but today is a new day!:D

Have a great Thursday! Susan

No workout for me today! DH and I decided to take the boys to an amusement/waterpark today. We wanted to get in some more fun with the guys before I return to work. We took vacation so early and we promised them that we would do one small thing before school. I guess I will get my exercise from walking around the park.:D

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Lower Body, and Bonus Abs. The lower body workout really does get the hr up, and probably the toughest of all the 10lb Slimdown workouts. ;)

Brenda, As I get older a lot of things that used to stress me out, I just don't let it bother me anymore. :D I guess that is why all these people make me think of HS, they just can't let things go.

Susan, Have fun with your KenpoX workout tomorrow. I think that the rotation I had didn't have enough kickboxing in it, so maybe that is why I was not motivated to continue. :eek:.

heartymax, Have a great time at the waterpark.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

This morning the back and leg wasn't feeling too bad and I almost plunged into some high intensity but I knew I better not so I stayed with the Yoga and did Yoga max. I do have to say between BL Yoga and this one, my abs have gotten a workout this week with all the planks. I'm going to the chiro tonight for my leg and low back and hopefully that will help.

Susan - I've been letting too many people at work get on my nerves lately. I try my hardest to blow it off. I swear there are times I work with a bunch of children the way they act. I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with that, at least I hope not anyway. :)

Heartymax - I hope had fun at the waterpark. Good day to go with the warm temps.

Laurie - I think I've gotten better as I got older but I need to do a better job of just letting it go. :)

Have a great afternoon!!
Brenda

Good Friday Morning ,ladies!:) Just got done with KenpoX.

My weekend looks nice. Run errands Saturday(back to school shoe shopping) and Sunday I take the kids to the Green Bay Zoo. Even though they are getting older, they still love to see all the animals.:D I love the zoo because it is very interactive and not so huge.The only animal I wish they had was an elephant, but I heard they are trying to get money for an elephant exhibit now!

Hearty, I hope you had a great time at the park! Great weather for it!

Brenda, did the chiro help you?

Hi Laurie, I hope the Faire is better for you this weekend!

Hi Sue!

Have a great weekend ladies!~Susan

Good Morning Ladies,

Skogg Roots Level 2, and 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Yoga/Stretch for me this moning. ;) Felt really good, and I should do some type of stretching every week. One of those things that I tend to say "I will do that later", and then never get it done.

Brenda, Hope that your back and leg are doing way better after your appointment. Good job on making sure that you didn't aggrivate this issue. ;)

Susan, Sounds like a great weekend you have planned. I'm going to take these last 5 weekends one weekend at a time. DH brought me to work this morning, because the car is getting some things looked at. We talked, and it is looking more and more like we are going to be at guest status. That is keeping me from ending up hating this year. :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

We had a great time at the park yesterday. The weather was about 93 degrees so it wasn't bad at all. No roller coaster rides for me but my 10 year old was so excited that he was tall enough to ride all the roller coasters this year. Last year, he was not ---and he was so thrilled and rode as many as he could. At my age, I can by pass on the stomach drop feeling. I did enjoy the wave pool and a waterslide and just lounging in the chair:D.

Brenda----I hope you are feeling better.

Susan---Have fun at the zoo! My kids used to love the zoo too. How great that your kids still enjoy that. We haven't gone as a family in a while but I do know that my oldest took a school trip there last year and he still had a blast.

Laurie---Hope you are back in the swing of things with some fun and motivating workouts.

Sue---I see that I missed that your DD was a senior and you are looking at colleges. How awesome! Bitter sweet---may be a better term. Always nice to see the kids grow up but what an adjustment it must be to prepare to see them leave home.

This morning was 45 minutes on the elliptical. I am off schedule with my LIS/STS workout. I haven't done an upperbody strength training this week and I am feeling withdrawal. I really need to catch up.

Happy Friday!!

Chiro appt. helped somewhat. My hips and legs weren't too out of alignment. He said my issues are more muscle related and I need to get my muscles to relax and I need to do more stretching than what I normally do and I told him I have been, thing is, once I feel pretty much back to normal, I need to keep up with it. That's what I'm not so good at. I need to work on that. This morning I did STS Meso 2 Disc 23 legs. I did back off on the weight a little so I could walk tomorrow. :D While I'm sitting at my desk waiting for my computer, I've been doing trunk rotations to help get my low back stretched out. Might make an appt with my accupuncturist for next week and see if she can push the healing along. Have any of you had accupuncture done before. It was a freaky experience but it helped me a bunch.

Susan - sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Enjoy the zoo.

Laurie - I think I need to invest in more yoga/stretching DVD's.

Heartymax - Glad to hear you had a good time at the park yesterday. I'm not one for rollercoasters either. I do love the water rides. :)

Hi Sue!!

So, I need ideas/opinions.... We're working on finishing off our basement. We have one wall that is really really long. I'm looking for ideas on what to do with this huge wall for decorating. We have country style home. I would love to do a wall mural but I'm not sure. I'm open for ideas if you have any. :)

In case I dont' get on over the weekend, which is usually the case. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!

Take Care!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.