BUFF BADGERS 5/9-5/13

Hi, everyone! I still haven't been able to work out due to my wonky hamstring, but I thought I'd check in anyway. I hope to be able to do something tonight, Basic Step, if nothing else.

lala- I think you overestimate my husband :) I'm pretty sure he's only going about 2 miles, but he said he's planning on increasing his distance "soon". We shall see... My brother just ran the Boston Marathon; I'm hoping to get him on DH's case a little :D

Sue - I grew up on the northwest side of Waukesha, really close to I94. My dad's a dentist with a practice right off of hwy T. We lived not too far from there.

Susan - I've thought of trying of get my hubby to do P90X because it seems more guy-friendly. What do you think of it? How long do the workouts average. His problem with most video workouts is that they're too long. Funny, because I'm not liking this short workout trend I'm seeing in videos...

Heartymax- That's so funny about the wooden FIRM box! I still use my purple and blue Fanny Lifter for a high step since I don't have the nice one Cathe uses yet. I loved the FIRM, even belonged to the FIRM Believers Club online. It's hard for me to give them away; they were what got me into weight training and videos, the only form of exercise I've ever been able to stick with.

Karen - Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm amazed by your biking! And your six children! I have a few friends with 4-8 kids, and I'm just constantly in awe of their organization and energy. Congrats on your upcoming graduation.

Laurie- Congrats on your upcoming graduation, too! I used to work in Muskego, not too far from Big Bend. I had a few students from there.

I hope I got all your names right. Have a great afternoon/evening, everyone. The kids are truckin' in from recess.

Good afternoon,

Did Peak 10 strength only. It was a nice workout.

Sam, hope your hamstring gets better soon. Nice to see someone still likes stepping. I still enjoy it a lot too. Lots have moved on to other loves.

Susan, how long have you been doing P90X? I could never get through that yoga either. Just didn't do any though. Are you still trying to fit in pilates? Hope you enjoy the concert and get in a workout too.

heartymax, Imax 3 is a tough workout especially when you are used to rests of some sort from doing Hiit, CCC or even the plyo legs.

Hi Laurie, Sue and Lala. Soccer tonight and then a tournament this weekend. We will only get to see the game on Sun.--unfortunately it's in Minnesota.

Have a great night.:)

Lala - I have a harder time lifting my heavy dumbells than I do my barbell. Maybe because I have to curl them to get into position for chest press or fly. They are 37 1/2 pounds though and I can't bicep curl that much so that's probably why. I asked DH if he would be upset if a heavy barbell slipped on me and he said "What big piece of equipment do you want to get that we'll have in our house forever?" :rolleyes: He was half joking, half serious. We have a small house and no where to store a power tower so it'd have to sit out in the open all the time.

Karen - Yay! Karen's back. :D It's good to hear from you and I can only imagine how crazy it is with graduation and the school year winding down. Good luck on Saturday with your ride! Hope the weather is nice. Have you done a half before? If you're already running 7 miles I'm sure you'll have no problem. You're already "half"-way there! :p

Heartymax - Imax3 is a tough workout. Sometimes I take Meso 3 breaks after an interval (or least 1/2 of a Meso 3 break). I love the Bon Jovi interval ("You Give Love a Bad Name"). Helps me get through it.

Sam - I probably pass by your dad's dentist office all the time! What a small world. You're being smart in giving that hamstring time to heal. Guys seem to like P90X but I've got to warn you that Yoga X is 90 minutes! Your DH could sub another yoga video though.

Susan - Did you do your yoga? ;) To me it's like doing my abs or eating my veggies - I feel better after I do it but don't really look forward to it.

This morning I did 30 min. of Prevention Fight Cellulite Fast and Kickbox abs. I have a pizza party after work that I HAVE to go to so no clean eating for me tonight. Tomorrow is Plyo Legs. That'll help burn some pizza calories.

Good night everyone!

Checking in quickly. No workout this morning because I plan to go in an hour early due to an event at work. I will do my Meso 1 Leg workout tomorrow. Not looking forward to those sliding lunges. I will update you on my soreness the second round vs. the first time through:D

I have a busy evening since I have to take my 7th grader back to school as he is a host for the 8th grade dance and I am also babysitting for a friend. I will likely not get a chance to check in before everyone is done.

Sam---Don't rush the workout if that hamstring is sore. You definitely want it to be healed. I had to do the same thing during the MESO from the leg workouts. I know you are eager to workout----hopefully it will be better today or tomorrow.

Hello to everyone and I gotta run now.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Hello! Today is Legs/Back and ABs plus I will be getting on the elliptical.

Yes, I did the Yoga Meltdown yesterday. I was glad I did it, but next time I think I will substitute pilates!:p

Karen, I just started the 90 P90X this week! Last time I did it, I only went 8 weeks. I am determined to go all 13 now. Yes, I still get my pilates in about 2 times a week. Keeps me flexible!

Sam, yes, don't rush working that sore hammy. Make sure you alternate, icing, and warming it as well as light stretches.

Sue, have fun at your pizza party! :) That's what I hate about eating so clean now, I have to be around others who are not "clean" eaters!

Have a great day! Time to go help in DS's classroom!

Susan

Morning Ladies,

I got in Total Body yesterday, and this morning was Core Dynamics. Really busy day at work yesterday. Youngest DD's track meet was call on a count of hail/lightening on Wednesday. I was soaked all the way to my knees. Yesterday oldest received a certificate from the Kiwanis Club for Outstanding Performance. Tonight it is just me and DD18, DH is gone all weekend, and youngest has 8th grade formal. :)

Sue, Pizza isn't to bad for ya. Of course I don't know if I could survive without getting pizza every once in a while. I always go for the veggie. ;) Dang you had 15% body fat, I don't think that I have ever been that fit.

Lala, I will make sure to talk to DD tonight about tapering, and send you a message on FB. ;) I know that one of the things that she does while tapering is reduce the weight lifting, so it looks like you have that in mind also. I actually got to watch them practice on Wed, and it amazed me how fast these girls are. :eek:

Karen, So great to hear from you. Did you get the Peak 10 series? I had heard that a lot of the discs where scratched. I have not heard to much as far as reviews. Enjoy the soccer this weekend, hope the weather cooperates for you.

Susan, My first Cathe purchase was Cardio Kicks, still love that workout. :D And I still have it on VHS! Do what you have to do to make the 90 days work for you. I think that if you try to force yourself to do a workout that you don't enjoy, then the rotation will not happen. That is why I subbed the Leg/Back workout, since that one is reapeated in the rotation most often.

heartymax, I totally agree with everyone else, Imax 3 is tough. So no laughing from me. ;) Next time you have those rest breaks during Meso 3, just start dusting. :eek: I agree with you that can get a little boring at times. It was better for me when I did the Undulating.

Sam, I of course have no advice on the DH! :rolleyes: Mine is a classic couch potato. :D Exercise is a four letter word to him. Do take care of that hammie, I have had problems with mine recently so know how frustrating it can be not to work out. You might want to check out Supreme 90 for your DH. It is only $20, and if he likes it then it was $ well spent. I just saw the set at Target, and the only things that you need are a stability ball, weights and mat. I have done both P90X and S90, and love them both for different reason.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good afternoon! Went out to dinner last night with DH, DS, and my mom. I just can't turn down a free dinner. Of course, that meant eating not-so-clean. I also had to eat in the car today for lunch, so that meant McDs :eek: Alas. However, I have a nice clean dinner planned for tonight. I ended up doing Basic Step last night. The hammy felt pretty good, just a bit sore when kicking, so I kept them shallow. I have to attend my school's musical tonight, so it'll get one more day of rest. I think Basic Step helped a bit, it hasn't hurt at all today.

Laurie - I was strongly considering S90. I even showed him the video clips on Collage. I'm pretty sure he'll be getting it for Father's Day whether he likes it or not! (Heck, if he doesn't use it, I will) Congrats on your oldest's achievement!

Karen - I'd like to hear more about those Peak workouts as well. I've been eyeing them up, but they intimidate me a bit :)

Hello to everyone else, I have to pick up DS from the sitter's, drive home, make dinner, and be back at school by six!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.