BUFF BADGERS 3/8-3/12

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's

Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs are finished for today. Saturday was Plyo Cardio Circuit with CTX/MIS Triceps. Sunday was only walking the dog, didn't have enough time for any stretching like I wanted to. :(

Sue, To bad on your daughter not getting paid for being an instructor. One day the Insanity bug will get you too. Right now my calf muscles are really talking to me.

Susan, Your welcome on the links.

Hope everyone had a great weekend,

Last edited:
Hello there! Weekend was okay. Both kids were sick so I spent most of the time trying to get them healthy for school! Saturday was a long walk and KenpoX. Sunday was 45mn elliptical and Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper.

Today is Core Synergetics. I am looking forward to this one!

Laurie, make sure you stretch those calves or you'll end up with a torn muscle like I did!! Now I am a faithful calf stretcher!:D

Hope you all had a good Monday!

Susan

Laurie - You're probably right about me and Insanity. :) Make sure you strrrrrrrrrreeeeeeetchhhhh those calve muscles. Mine get really tight when I do a lot of high impact. Beautiful day for a walk yesterday.

Susan - Too bad the kids were sick over the weekend and missed the beautiful weather! Saw lots of kids on bikes and skateboards yesterday. In fact, it seemed like the whole neighborhood was outside! LOL

I was busy yesterday doing laundry, grocery shopping and hauling kids around so no workout. Stayed up late watching a really bad movie (why do I do that?) so only had time to do a couple of Leslie miles this morning. Tomorrow I plan to do Power Hour. Busy, busy week. Lots going on at work, too. Boss resigned. What next? :( Only 24 more days until we leave for Florida. CAN'T WAIT!

Hi,

Over the weekend I had a class to take to get hours for 4 pre k. On Sunday, I went running with DH 2 1/2 miles and 5 1/2 by myself while he went riding with his friends. On Mon. I did STS disk 16 chest/tri/shoulders. Today I did Bosu Blast, surprisingly difficult.

Sue, I didn't know you were going to Florida. How fun. It was a great weekend for being outside.

Susan, are the kids better today? How do you get such long workouts in? Are you seeing any results from Ab Ripper yet?

Laurie, you just amaze me on your rotations. I sure wish I could stick to something for more than a week. Funny, I have only completed 2 rotations in my whole time of working out. One of them STS, the other a rotation Cathe put out a few years ago, probably when the GS series came about.

Basketball is over in the playoffs with a loss last night. Soccer starts up soon and track is already in progress. Conferences for HS and Jr. High are done, just elementary left. Still love my job although I miss having extra time to workout.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Cardio Power & Resistance and CTX/MIS Chest are finished.

Susan, So you like doing all those super fast banana's? :D Will take care of the calf muscles I promis. Today isn't so bad, I think that Pure Cardio gets me when I am doing the football drills. :rolleyes:

Sue, I do the same thing with movies, and then wonder why I even watched it. :rolleyes: If you liked Jillian, you will probably have no problem with Insanity. They use a lot of the same drills, just super charged. :D

Karen, I have found since I decided to commit to a rotations, that I end up getting results. Funny how that works. :) The first one was P90X, but then I didn't commit to the eating right portion. :( Now I'm trying to really stick to both, and of course the hardest part is the food. :D Oldest DD started track yesterday too. Don't know when the youngest one starts.

Have a great day!

Good morning everyone,

Gosh, this warm weather is awsome. I think we all have spring fever here. DH is getting equipment around to get ready to get into the fields already even though there is still plenty of frost in and snow on the ground:rolleyes:

No workouts this weekend too busy playing outside with DD. Kind of a hectic week this week but I should be able to squeeze in all workouts I have planned. Yesterday GS Chest & Triceps & HiiT 30 30. 30 30 seemed easier this time around - must be making progress:D Today I decided to make a change from what Cathe has listed on the rotation and will be doing Circuit Blast instead of Cardio Core circuit - seems like I just did that one and haven't done Circuit Blast for a while. I just can't stick to a rotation 100% of the time:eek:

Karen - I, too, have a hard time sticking to a rotation. I seem to be always subbing in different workouts from what is listed.

Sue - Florida? I am jealous. Seems we never get to go anywhere because of the cows. Have fun!

Laurie - You are my inspiration. You are able to stick to rotations with ease - I need to work towards that.

That's all for me for now. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Cheryl

Karen - We decided to take the kids to Disney one last time before they get too old. Last time we went was in 2004 so it'll be fun.

Laurie - I think I'm going to start doing more rotations after liking the results I got from Jillian's rotation. The problem I have is finding ones with 45-60 min. workouts. Just don't have time to do 90 min. - even if I split it up morning and night.

Cheryl - You're a little ahead of me on the March rotation. I haven't been able to follow it to a T either but I'm doing the best I can. Those darn cows! ;) My dad lived on a dairy farm when he was young so I know what you mean.

Did Power Hour this morning. Making an early prediction for DOMS in my chest and tris tomorrow. :)

Hi there! Today was CardioX and a walk with Ruby! I was so tired this morning! I just didn't want to get up but Ruby kept nudging me with her nose!:p Sleep is over rated anyway, right?!

Kids are feeling better. DS's cold is hanging on though! He starts soccer and baseball within the next month or so!

I hear ya about sticking to the eating regimen. That is hard for me too! I do really well all day until about 7pm and then I need sweets!! Told the whole family after the sweets are gone, I am not buying any more! Of course the 3 of them are all skinny and can eat whatever, and not gain any! :mad:

Have a good night! It's Biggest Loser night!

Hi. Just a quick check-in before I get back to work. Busy weekend...DD was in solo and ensemble and made it to state the three performances. Then she had a community concert on Sunday. Did get in cardio on Fri and STS on sat.

Yesterday, I just couldn´t get out of bed...even for a short workout. Today was STS Back and Bis.

Sue, have fun in FL...hey are kids ever too old for Disney;)

Laurie, it seems like I really like to follow a rotation....mostly becuase then I don´t have to think for myself what workout to do!

Karen, glad you are lovin your job...so you ran 8 miles on Sat??? I am thoroughly impressed!!

Susan, hope the kids are feeling better...and it seems your calf is healed too:)

Hi Cheryl!

Good Morning,

Today I did STS back and bi. Last night DH and I went for another 2 1/2 mile run. He wants to do a sprint tri in June. Count me out.

Lala, congrats to DD for making it to state and in 3 different performances. Wow!!! Looks like we did the same workout today.

Susan, glad the kiddos are feeling better. spring is a busy time for sports. Glad you are hanging in there. Do you have anyone you like on BL? I can't find anybody yet. Don't like Jillian's underdog attitude or the way she says they were getting shot like an arrow because they had to work for a week. Real world coming up.

Sue, sounds like a good time for your family. It is coming at a good time. I have to get back into more endurance weight workouts. I seem to get my best results with GS/SH/STS/4DS type workouts though.

Cheryl, glad you got to spend some time out in the great outdoors over the weekend. You must be getting stronger if 30/30 is getting easier.

Laurie, are you going to keep adding weight workouts in in the next section of Insanity? Hope your DD has a great year in track again.

Have a great day. Off to work. Still love the sound of that.:)

Wow, I never get time this early to check in, but today it looks like I am pretty much caught up! This a.m was STS 30/30. Love that work out. Had abs scheduled but decided to get to work earlier...maybe after school...although that doesn't seem to work out really well for me.

have a great day, everyone!

Morning BB's,

Plyo Cardio Circuit and CTX/MIS Back are finished.

Cheryl, LOL about your DH getting the farm equipment ready. ;) Guess he has had enough idle time, but can't imagine being to idle on a farm. :D Sometimes I really have to work at sticking to a rotation, like this morning, but then I tell myself it will be good for me. :eek: Afterwards I feel so accomplished that I know it was worth it in the end. I do change workouts in rotations, because I really can't do step workouts without making my knee protest.

Sue, I so would love to hop in your suitcase, someplace warm sounds lovely. We are planning on going on an all inclusive for next years spring break. I'm looking forward to it already. :D I don't have time for those long workouts either, so totally understand not wanting to go over 60 min.

Susan, Got to love those doggie nudges in the morning. Mine will jump up on the bed and try to roll you out. :D That is when she really really needs to go out. :D Yep that after 7pm is the rough spot for me too.

Lala, Congrats to your DD, that is so cool. Do they still have the state competition at Stevens Point? That is where we had to go when I went to state, and that was a ton of fun. I have only one 1st place for state, and I keep it in a box. :D I also don't like to think to hard in the morning, because then it would take me way to long to decide what I want to do. :D

Karen, LOL about counting you out of that tri. I think you would probably have no problem doing it I bet. Will he have to get swimming in too? I am not going to be doing any weight workouts for the next 5 weeks. Next week is the recovery week, and then the workouts for Insanity start getting around 50-60 min. I don't have enough time to get other weight work in.

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies! Just a quick check-in right now. I will be doing P90X Shoulders/Arms and then Ab Ripper. I may add on Cathe's CTX Kickbox (cardio) if I have time later!

Karen, I really like Sunshine and am pulling that she continues to do well!

Enjoy your evening!

Susan

Hi! Did not get in the CTX last night.:( I do love the P90X Shoulder/Arm workout though! Today is the elliptical for 40mn followed by Pilates Max. Burn. It's supposed to be YogaX bit that's just not my thing!

Had a 2 hour delay this morning due to the fog so the kids were very happy!:D

Karen, what is Tonique? Never heard of it...

Have a good day!

Susan

Morning BB's,

Cardio Recovery and CTX/MIS Shoulders are finsihed.

Susan, We didn't have to bad of fog this morning. Have had some days that where pretty nasty though. WTG on doing your thing in place of yogaX.

Karen, Are those legs going to be tired for that run. All those lunges and squats in Tonique will really get them good. :D

Have a great day!

Susan/Laurie - I don't get doggie nudges but one of our kitties likes to lie on my chest until I get out of bed in the morning.

Karen - Tonique 1 looks tough. I tried the shorter version of it on Exercise TV on Demand as an add-on and that was a mistake. Couldn't finish it.

Lala - Is this WSMA you're referring to? My kids are both performing on Saturday. DS in a trombone trio and DD in jazz ensemble (playing euphonium).

Didn't get a chance to checkin yesterday. Last night I did 40-20 HIIT and GS Chest/Triceps Timesaver. This morning I did 30-30 HIIT. For some reason I confused 40-20 with the pyramid double-wave HIIT so I was thinking about doing the pyramid all day yesterday but calling it 40-20 in my head. Imagine my surprise when I did my 1st interval and the rest was only 20 seconds! I figured it out pretty quickly after that but decided to keep going even though this was my first time doing 40-20. TOUGH workout! Even tougher was doing 30-30 this morning. My body was saying "Hey, where did those 1 minute rests go?" :eek:

Hi! Today was STS legs.

Sue, wow two ays in a row of HiiT ! You go! I love those workouts! I don´t know if it´s WSMA, DD just calls it "state"

And yes, Laurie the state competition is still in Stevens Point...close to me, so that´s nice. I love the atmosphere...plus there´s a good athletic shoe store there where they watch your gait and recommend shoes :D

Susan, a fog delay :) It wasn´t so bad here and I´ve all but given up on one last "snow, ice, fog" day :(

Karen, I, too, have never hear of Tonique. What kind of workout is it? and where do you and Laurie find all of these different workouts???? :)

Hi,

Today I am going to do spinning to CC7, my favorite. Don't know what else yet.

Lala, Tonique is lots of lunges and squats that combines multidirectional movement and light weights. Mostly lower body as the lightest I have are 3 pounds and I couldn't make it through with them so I just did arm movements. The dvds are on Total Fitness site.

Sue, great job on the Hiit. You were doing 40/20 and didn't even know it. I still have to try 30/30. I want to try out the new step dvds too. I need more time.

Laurie, do you like cardio recovery? I really liked the max recovery, never did the first one. My abs were sore after doing it. That doesn't happen very often. I am anxious to see how you like core cardio and Balance. I never did that one either. I hope to fit it in soon.

Susan, glad you are enjoying P90X. Lots of people around this area are doing it all of a sudden. Funny it's been out for how long and Rice Lake is just finding it now.

Off to find some energy. Have a good day.

Morning BB's,

Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs are finished, and I don't think that I will be doing anything else tonight. Saturday will be the last two body parts of Biceps and Triceps along with Plyo Cardio Circuit. Sunday I'm opting for yoga, and I had heard that ExerciseTV had Jillians Yoga Meltdown so I may try that one out on Sunday.

Sue, I have seen the Tonique workouts on ExerciseTV, and will probably try it out after this rotation. That is a shortened version of Tonique 1 right? WTG getting through that tough workout! ;)

Lala, Hope your DD does will at "state", such a great experience. What a plus on the shoe store. I got a pair of the Under Armour cross trainers, and I really like them.

Karen, I actually do like cardio recovery, not much to the workout, but he does to some pulse lunges and squats. Guess I enjoy the stretches the most. :D It kind of is a mix of cardio, strength and yoga. Probably would be good to add to a lower body workout as a stretch. I can't wait to try out core cardio and balance. I have heard that it is a good workout, just hope I don't get to bored with having to do the same workout for 6 days straight. :)

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.