Broken Wrist, Need a Rotation Please...

Kathy191

I broke my wrist a week & a half ago and need a somewhat beginner rotation that includes cardio & lower body since I can not use weights for approximately 6 weeks or so. Any suggestions are appreciatedf. Thank you, Kathy

Hi Kathy! So sorry to hear about your wrist. You can do any cardio and lower body only workouts 4 to 6 days a week. Alternate cardio and lower body and modify where needed to accomodate your wrist as well as your fitness ability. Here is a sample week:

Mon: Basic Step
Tues: Lower Body Sculpt
Wed: run
Thurs: Muscle Max (do lower body only premix)
Fri: Low Impact Circuit (do cardio blast timesaver)
Sat: Buts and Guts Leg Blast premix
Sun: Off

If you are only doing 4 days a week, eliminate a sculpting workout and a cardio workout. If you are doing 5 days a week, eiminate a sculpting workout.

Best of luck and take care of that wrist :)

Hi Kathy and Cathe!

Kathy - I am so sorry to hear about your wrist! I broke mine 7 years ago (while doing a step workout!) and it was so painful!

I just wanted to chime in with a thought - when my wrist was broken, the doctor put a "fixator" on it instead of a cast. (A bunch of rods sticking out of my arm!) Don't know if you have that or a cast, but in any case, once I felt up to working out again (a week or so after my surgery) I quickly discovered that I had a balance issue with that extra weight on my arm - and not being able to use my arm for balance. So step was out for me! At the time I still belonged to the YMCA (in addition to working out at home) so I did the treadmill or and held on to the rail for balance (or the stationery bike), then I did my lower body and ab work.

The good news is that after I got the fixator off - and had a few weeks of physical therapy - I got the strength back in my arms and upper body very quickly.

I hope this helps! Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.