Breast Question

wendybdh

Cathlete
I just had a baby on October 12 and did not nurse. There is a small lump on my nipple about the size of a pencil eraser. I was a tad concerned but thought maybe it was just from the changes of pregnancy even though I didn't nurse. Then tonight I pressed on the area and a small amount of blood came out. I am 34 and have no history of breast cancer and I hate to think the worst but I'm freaking out here. Has this happened to anyone else and what was it from? Thanks.

I just had a baby on October 12 and did not nurse. There is a small lump on my nipple about the size of a pencil eraser. I was a tad concerned but thought maybe it was just from the changes of pregnancy even though I didn't nurse. Then tonight I pressed on the area and a small amount of blood came out. I am 34 and have no history of breast cancer and I hate to think the worst but I'm freaking out here. Has this happened to anyone else and what was it from? Thanks.

Since it is blood coming out, I would go to the doctor and have it checked out ASAP. It might be just an infection because of not nursing, but better safe than sorry. Young age and no family history is no guarantee that it could not be breast cancer.

Good luck.

With all due respect, why would you post a question like that? Your first reaction should be to call your doctor. I will never understand how a message board could take the place of a doctor.

Good luck

With all due respect, why would you post a question like that? Your first reaction should be to call your doctor. I will never understand how a message board could take the place of a doctor.

Good luck

Why criticize her? For all we know, she has a doctor's appt already and in the meantime is asking for other womens' advice while she waits. I know I'd do that.

Why criticize her? For all we know, she has a doctor's appt already and in the meantime is asking for other womens' advice while she waits. I know I'd do that.

I would have to agree with Amy here. I often ask questions here for hope that someone has had the same experience as myself. I never take responses as medical advice. I go to a Dr's office for confirmation but sometimes it feels nice to have support and to know what others would do if they were in my situation.
I hope everything works out for the best. Please keep us posted.

Me too.:)

And Wendy, your baby girl was born exactly one year after mine....to the day.:D

Wendy,
Try not to stress. It could be anything, it could be nothing,BUT please call your dr. asap. Hugs and good thoughts your way. Keep us posted.

Good luck

I was hoping that someone would have had the same experience and could ease my worry until I could see my doctor. My father passed away from cancer at the time my DD was born (2months ago) and I'm scared and am trying not to think the worst and just needed some support.

I noticed the lump about 1 1/2 months ago but just thought it was because I had just given birth and didn't think much of it. Then, last night I noticed the bleeding at around 8pm. I called my OB/GYN at 8am this morning and saw him at 11. He referred me to a surgeon and am waiting for them to call me with an appt. day/time.

Just wanted to let you know someone else was thinking of you. I saw your story as I was "lurking" on the pregnancy boards - probably will not be having another child so I love to read about others:) Anyway, I was in awe of all you had to go through while you were in the last part of your pregnancy, and I am sure you don't need anything else to worry about. Sending many, many positive thoughts your way:)

Clintonya

It's always nice to have support when you are worried or scared. Asking questions is some peoples way of trying to cope out of fear of what may or may not be. Our mind can be our best friend or our worst enenmy. Try to keep positive thoughts and know your friends on this board are praying for you. I sure am.

I breast-fed both my kids and at one time I had a lump also right by the nipple and turned out to be an infected milk duct. I can't say that's what your situation is, but even if you didn't breast-feed, you still would have had nipple changes from production of collustrom.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.