Breaking up MIS

MasonK

Cathlete
New to MIS - did it for the 2st time start to finish on Sunday and then last night had limited time, so I did the legs/butt, chest and abs sections only. Question: Is it okay to do these groups together, or should I be doing different body parts together? I feel okay today -- although I was quite sore on Monday (needless to say...). Any input would be MOST appreciated. Thanks a mill!

Legs can pretty much be done alone or with any of the other body parts. Chest and triceps go well together because the triceps assists in chest muscles. The same is true of back and biceps. So you wouldn't want to do chest one day and the triceps the next day. Does that make sense? When I am short on time, I do chest and back only because I knwo the bis and tris are getting worked secondarily. The shoulders are a little more difficult. They are worked in both the chest and back. Traditionally the shoulders are grouped with the chest and triceps. Hope this helps. Take care.

Cyndie

Yes, that does help -- thank you. Does this mean that next time I'm pressed for time I should at least throw in back to balance chest and work the bis and tris secondarily as you say? Thanks again! Kathleen

You don't necessarily have to do that if you know you can weight train the following day. I sometimes get too drained doing split routines. I work better a lot of the time if I do weight training for the entire body and then rest one to two days. If you are like that also, chest and back are a good condensed upper body weight training workout.

Cyndie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.