Breakdown combos in High Intensity Step?

lurdes

Cathe,

Would you consider posting a tutorial video on your website explaining some of the trickier moves on HIS? I have finally mastered combos 1 and 2, but despite many attempts, combo 3 still eludes me. Even a verbal breakdown would be useful, sort of explaining each move and the foot it's supposed to be done on.

TIA,
Lurdes

Hi Lurdes! We will be adding this feature to our site in the future at some point but for right now see if you can watch combo #3 in slow motion on your player.

If not here is the 32 count breakdown of the combo:

Go up right foot, left foot, Count 1 and 2

while on top, kick right foot (front and side) 3,4

rt foot mambo back (like a rock back and rock front with weight shifting from right foot to left foot) 5,6

While weight is on left foot spin over top of step and face the back of the step and continue turning inward to face sideways 7,8

Right foot leads the shuffle (step together step) Count 9,10

Left foot steps forward and does a pivot turn 11, 12

Left foot step up onto the step 13

Right foot steps up with momentum and takes the left foot's place as if to kick the left foot out of the way (a hitch kick) 14

Place left foot back on the step 15

Lower the right foot to the floor on the outside of the step(side closest to TV) 16

2 left foot stomps in place (place weight on left foot, then the right foot and then the left foot and the right foot again) 17, 18, 19, 20

Step up left and go over top of step and turn inward to face step (like an over face in over motion) 21, 22, 23, 24

With left lead do two starbursts 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Wow, Cathe! That was really nice of you to break it down like that. I love, love, love this combo. HIS is my fave!!

Allison
1.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Cathe, thank you SO much for breaking down the steps like that! Unfortunately, I play DVDs on my computer and my software doesn't seem to allow me to play in slow motion, so your reply is a godsend! I really appreciate your taking the time.

Lurdes

I'm back after trying out the combo with a print-out of your description in hand. And, after 5 minutes, I got it! Yay! By the way, I also discovered that I DO have a slow-motion function on my DVD software, so I learned two useful things today...

Thanks again,
Lurdes

This is great - thanks! I'll try this at home at the walked pace and then maybe even venture into the actual video. eek
Now, to figure out the other sequences. Hmm

Wow, this was VERY HELPFUL,Thank YOU!

It would be great to see choreography notes available to customers or possibly a "choreography corner" somewhere on this site for tricky moves!

Thanks again for taking the time to do this!

Delphene

Great idea Delphene. If they won't put the chapter on the videos, it would be great to have these printable directions on the website.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.