brazil butt lift - low or high impact? Etc.

workingToBeFit

Cathlete
Ok so I am intrigued by the infomercial and the positive posts people have written here. But I haven't seen mention yet of impact level (maybe I missed it?). But for anyone who has this workout set, in the 6 or so workouts, are they generally high impact, low impact, mixed, etc.??? Also, is there any benefit to having this in addition to the workouts I already have, like Butts and Guts? In the infomercial I swear I saw a move that looked an awful lot like Firewalkers... I do like variety and to switch things up, but on the other hand, money is tight these days. I own every Cathe workout and if I could do a simlar workout set using what I already have, I'd probably be happier that way. TIA!

I am by no means an expert on BBL since I have only done the workouts once so far, but they are mostly low impact. Although, I think there is still one of them I haven't done yet.

When I did high and tight yesterday it brought back memories of the Kathy Smith Ultimate Stomach and Thighs workout. A lot of these moves are on this old video. I dug it out of my workout cabinet to give it another go sometime soon since I haven't done it in many many years. This was a 1989 workout and you can get it on ebay now for less than $5 with shipping included. The downside is that I think it is only available on VHS, which is a shame b/c chaptering on this workout would be nice. But, if you are short on cash, you might want to give that oldie a try.

i bought cathes firewalker bands that come in 3 different levels to make it more intense. i havent gotten them yet. bumbum is continuous squats and lunges fast paced with no weights.it is more intermediat but my heart rate does go up.i am enjoying it.

laura

BBL is pretty much devoid of any high impact. You jump around a little bit during the cardio but it's nothing really.

I have to say that I am loving this series. I am in week 3 of one of the pre-written rotations and couldn't be happier! I am adding in extra cardio but otherwise doing the rotation as is. Good stuff and I swear I started seeing results in the 2nd week! :)

Wendy, what kind of results were you seeing by the 2nd week? That is amazing!
I am at a point where my weight is ok, but my body fat is too high - and my abs and butt just look loosey-goosey. I can't do a heck of a lot of intense upper body stuff because I am still struggling from an elbow/triceps injury I had over a year ago. So something that would fry my lower body sounds good to me.

Perhaps it was my imagination..wishing thinking at work BUTT...(pun intended! :p) I swear my work pants were looser in the butt and waist and that my rear view was a bit smaller then it had previously been! This series works butt and legs but also works abs/waist a lot too. When I am short on time I will skip some of the ab work since there is so much of it but I just love it! I can't say enough good things about this series! :D

I finally broke down and ordered it last night. Couldn't take it anymore, with all this enabling! It looks like so much fun, and also perfect for me with my upper body issues at the moment. Thank you to everyone who answered. I also did a search and read all the previous posts I could find. I never found a single negative. I was really happy to find that Kathryn said it seemed to help her knees - that area is an issue for me too. I am also heavily into doing workouts either barefoot or in my vibram five fingers - and this looks like it will work for that as well, with the mostly lower impact.

Kathy Smith's Ultimate Stomach and Thighs video is still available. It's on a dvd of three workouts called Strong Sleek Slim. I did the Ultimate Stomach and Thighs workout for years because it's very effective but boring. This video did change the shape of my lower body. I've thought about purchasing it again.

I just looked at the clip of that kathy smith dvd on collage. OMG! LOL Reminds me of my thong leotard w/biker short days. I wore stuff like that all the time into the early 90's! I also remember doing the old kathy smith vids when I would exercise on and off in high school. Definitely a throw back to the old days! :D

Hey Wendy....I'm glad to hear it's mostly low impact stuff. You're a runner, too (if memory serves me well enough anymore). What are your thoughts on using this WHILE also following a specific training program? In other words.....I'm training for 2 half marathons on 04/25 and 05/02. A friend of mine loaned me the BBL series and I want to do one of the pre-written rotations, but I also wonder if it's too much leg work with my running (running is my ONLY cardio because of it). HOWEVER, I'm also thinking that BBL and my running would be more like a Freestyle Training type of thing. (sorry to ramble....) What are YOUR thoughts, if you don't mind my asking???

Hey Gayle!

Um...embarrassed to admit this but I haven't run since the end of last summer pretty much. :eek: No real reason...just fell out of it. I hope to get back into it one day though so we'll see.

As for your question, I obviously can't give first hand experience on combining running with BBL but I *am* combining one of the BBL rotations with high impact cardios like Insanity and HiiT and my left hip has recently started to hurt me. Not sure what exactly is causing it but it's something to be wary of. :)

Last edited:
Wendy, my love of running has come and gone over the last 6 years, so I totally get it! :) Currently, I'm really surprised with myself because in the past, when I'm training for a specific event I begin to resent the fact that I "have to" run and I start to rebel against it and then fall away from it for a while. So I get it.

...anyway...

Thanks for the input. I think I might look thru the BBL rotation and see how, if at all, it fits into my training program. I'm now up to running 5 days/week with 1 LB workout and 2 UB workouts, so we'll see.

THANKS again!

Gayle,

I ran an 18 mile race back in October of 2008 and was actually in he process of looking for and getting ready to train for my first full mary after that. Somehow though, everything came crumbling down and I lost all of my motivation....first to do the mary but then by the end of summer the following year my motivation to run at all was in the toilet... I have no clue what happened. :confused: I hear ya on resenting having to run during training! I get it!!!

Let me know what you decide as far as BBL. I'm curious to see if you can make it work. I love the work outs and get a kick out of Leandro! :D

Wendy, your description of just losing the motivation is exactly why I haven't done a second full marathon. I've kept my distances to the 15K distance max, until this past Fall when I did a half for the first time in over a year. I fell in love with the running again, but have still not committed to go beyond the 13.1. And now 2 back-to-back halves which scares me a bit only because I'm going for a PR on the first! :eek:

(sorry to hijack the thread, ladies :) )

Gayle,

I really enjoyed the half marathons I did as well. The 18 was killer and maybe that's what caused my downward slide. I am happy I can say I did it and in very good time (for me anyway!) but it left me very drained I think. Best of luck with the back to back halfs! Goin' for a PR? AWESOME! You can do it! :)

Hi Wendy, Is there a deluxe set or do you have just the 3 DVD's plus gifts? I am thinking on this series. Also which rotation are you following from the program?

THANKS!

hoho,

There is the deluxe set that comes with the basic series plus the deluxe work outs, bands and ankel weights. There is the basic set which is just the basic series w/no deluxe work outs and just one band. There is also the option to purchase the deluxe work outs seperately if you do not want the extra bands/ankle weights which is what I did. Not sure if that is an option at beach body but i found it at www.totalfitnessdvds.net. When I first ordered the series I just ordered the basic set. I never go for the deluxe until I know if I like it or not. Just me though.

I am doing the SLIM and LIFT rotation. I have one more week and then I am moving on to a rotation of my own design which will include a lot of the BBL work outs as well.

HTH! :)

Thanks Wendy that does help! Sounds like you are getting great results. I would love to see what rotation you come up with next.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.