Braggin' on my Daughter

elsie3

Cathlete
I'm so proud of my daughter. We had a community 5K this past Saturday (awesome event--another post). Anyway, she wanted to participate, but couldn't make the final decision until the morning of the race: We registered her 15 minutes before the race, LOL. She ran it in 32 minutes! I should mention that she'll be 13 this Saturday. She won 1st place in the female 13-19 category, and got a $25 iTunes gift card. She was tickled, and I'm so happy for her.

Wow, Elsie. Good for her! Has she run any other 5K's? Sounds like she has a natural talent. I hope she continues.

Wow, Elsie. Good for her! Has she run any other 5K's? Sounds like she has a natural talent. I hope she continues.

Thanks. This was her first one! She's been coming to the track with me this summer, so we knew she could do 3 miles. I think she's found something she really enjoys, and I'm so pleased. She just started Jr. High this year, and has expressed an interest in Track. I hope she continues, too.

Sounds like your daughter has a head start on a healthy lifestyle! Good for her! (And nice work on your part in encouraging your kids to enjoy fitness.)

Elsie, that's awesome!! My soon to be 11 year old dd joined her middle school's cross country team this year-they run a 1.5 mile course. I am so excited for her! Isn't it great to have your daughter be your friend in fitness too?!

WOW! WOW! WOW! That is wonderful. I always love to hear about young people who are empowered by wonderful parents to get out there are just go for it and run.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.