Books on diet & nutrition

c4ward

Cathlete
Hi all. Are there any books that have helped you with eating habits? I'm so confused & would like to study in depth. Thanks! Coleen

I have read a few. Some of the good ones were: Body for Life by Bill Phillips, Life is Hard, Food is Easy by Linda Spangle. I have read several others, too, but these made the biggest impact on me. Another one I read was The Makers Diet. I learned a bit about organics from that one.

The Complete Book of Food Counts by Corinne T. Netzer is a must-have.

I found that Body for Life, even though I didn't follow the whole program, was very helpful in enabling me to make sense of the whole picture- what people really need- and to quantify and break it down into parts of a day, and put it into action.

After reading lots more, and taking a nutrition course, I don't completely subscribe to needing exactly that much protein IDEALLY. However, many actual diets are so horribly high carb and fat, and too low in protein. Moving in the direction of Body for Life would be an improvement for many of us. There is exercise in Body for Life so the diet is targeted to people who exercise, which makes it a more useful book for Cathe-ites.

Keeping a food diary was also the key to successful learning in my own life.

HTH!

>I like the Abs Diet and Dr. Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight
>Loss.
>Just Do It! :)

I like Picture Perfect Weight Loss as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.