Bodywedge21 for personal trainers especially

Francine

Cathlete
Hey fitness friends,
I just finished up a 4 day affair at Sara City and had an awesome time( as usual- I always do at these functions;-)

I had camera(battery) problems on 2 days-huge bummer to me cause I lost alot of great pics but bought a new charger and batteries and eventually got some shots in to share(just have to get them uploaded-will do ASAP ;-)

I'm posting to those who may be interested in the bodywedge21 and want to test spin it on mine-I'll demo it for you so you can experience it yourself and feel confident in any decision or doubts you may have about this! I know alot of people at the Cia conference were iffy on it til they took the masterclass and they went out the door like hot cakes-I live In Nj so if you are close to me shoot me an email(especially you trainers-a must have for when traveling) I had this product when it first came out(posted in Aug http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...56979&mesg_id=56979&listing_type=search#56997 all I can say is what a godsend- I grab my wedge(with it's cool carrying strap) and my tubing and off I go!

If you want more info about this product,want to meet up with me to try it out or have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me! I use this product and believe in it especially since it serves it's purpose for me as a personal trainer! Of course there are other uses for it as well( just like any other piece of fitness equipment- you have to be creative ;-)

So if you been curious about this as a trainer, gym owner,fitness enthusiast - whatever your needs for this may be,I'd love to show you what it's capable of and how sturdy it is! You know I like to share my passions of a good product with my fitness friends - The bodywedge was the big BUZZ of the convention especially with the trainers-they were in awe and scooped them up with the quickness- they said this will be there secret weapon hahahaha (no secrets here with us though except of course for Cathe she's ours }(

you can email me for more info at [email protected]

PS You are gonna be seeing this in alot of gyms soon ;-)
(if you have them already at your gym I'd love to hear your experience with it)

This thing looks interesting to me, too. However, I'm wondering if a regular step on an incline wouldn't be able to do all the same things, OR if I just knocked together some plywood and covered it with thin padding, couldn't I save a lot of money? I guess I'm asking you to sell it a little harder, LOL.

Thanks in advance.

--Ann

Hi Ann,

You can definitely make something similiar in design if that's what you'd prefer to do- Go for it! I made plenty of knock offs myself (still do to mimick certain exercises ;-)

However, you can't beat the durability and comfort of the bodywedge! I totally understand your skepticism, I'm the same way and I'm also a gadget freak at the same time! Trust me, new products always intrigue me and they are neverending!(always something else)I put my purchases through there 30 day test trial to make sure it's durable and will be a good investment, I'm not shy in returning things ;-) and always protect my investments! If it's a product I can't return- I track it down and sample it at the store(sometimes getting a lil workout in too ;-)Or you can see if someone on the fitness forums live s near you so you can test it out! I just had a couple of emails yesterday to meet up with people for a test spin! There was a post on vf http://205.214.68.83/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44808&perpage=10&display=&pagenumber=1 that attracted a few that are on the fence too! I'm looking forward to showing them and letting them check it out, this way they can make a just decision on there possible purchase or not! If you are near me, I'd love to meet up with you or hopefully someone else can help you out! In my opinion this is a MUST have for trainers especially ! Everyone should have one when traveling and training clients! No need to push this product to them, once they try it it sells itself!
If you are wanting it for yourself(no other reasons)
You just have to ask yourself do I need this?(or want this;-) Will it motivate me and help me reach my goals,what purpose will it serve- will it be used with my existing exercise programs( go over your fitness journal and see if this indeed will be a frequently used piece of equipment for you-check your workout formats)-you should have your answer after doing some soul searching and journaling ;-) HTH
Good luck on your decision

PS Forgot to post the website
www.bodywedge21.com

Bodywedge21 excercises

I have alot of exercises in my camera on this and I'm having a horrendous time putting them on my computer! I upgraded to XP professionals and comcast and for some reason my camera is not recognized anymore! Can Anyone here help me get my camera to connect to my computer? If so please email me at [email protected]
(my nephew is coming over this weekend and I'm nervous he might not be able to get it to work either) Help;(
PS if anyone wants any exercises demoed on the bodywedge21 let me know,I'll do them for you and hopefully have them on my picture trail soon! I have some good pics of mimicking all the stability ball work on there as well as weighted work such as preacher curls etc!
Hope to be up soon ;-)

Francine, can you help??

Hey Francine you may be able to help me...
I've just begun a search for another high intensity cardio and was wondering what suggestions you have. I'm afraid I'm getting to adjusted to MIC, Step Blast, etc. (I used to run a lot but don't anymore because of my knees and have a bad case of "wobbly ankles" on uneven ground.)

I'm feeling like I'm hitting a plateau and would like to increase my lean muscle mass. I'd describe my build as athletic although I just feel like I have just developed a layer of winter flab that I need to shake off. I've begun clean eating again after falling off the wagon briefly.

What's your take on rebounding? Would the Bodywedge be a change of pace for cardio?

Let me know if you have any suggestions - I hate feeling like I'm not getting my maximum benefit from my cardio.

Thanks!! Brenda

RE: Francine, can you help??

Hi Brenda,

I'm getting ready to go to the track now but girl you are soo in luck! I have a friend Val in DC who teaches cardio on the bodywedge,I'll hook you up with her(she's incredible) ! Email me at [email protected] and I'll answer your other q's as well!

Bodywedge21

For those of you living in NY or going to the ECA convention in March, bodywedge21 will be there to purchase and have masterclasses!

ECA NYC March 12-14, 2004
At the Marriott Marquis Hotel, NYC, NY

http://www.ecaworldfitness.com/con_ny_1a_info1.html

Bodywedge21 schedule

BodyWedge21 Power Sculpt (workshop)
Jon Giswold & Terri Herbert
If you are looking for a time effective/full body workout solution to reach members on the go, LOOK NO FURTHER! The BodyWedge21 Power Sculpting technique will speed your way to fitness with twenty one exercises in only 30 minutes! Review current research on the effectiveness of single set training, and superset training protocols.
Friday 8-10am, Saturday 7-8:30am 142

BodyWedge21 Interval Circuit (workshop) Terri Herbert & roland walker
Current research shows us enormous results in the body composition directly related to combining strength training and aerobic training simultaneously. In a manner of speaking, you are getting more bang for the buck. If your members are looking for a time effective/full body workout, try the BodyWedge21 Interval Circuit technique. Twenty one stations and cardio drills in between each exercise will take this class to another level of fitness and the non-stop action is a blast. Learn the most effective exercises using the unique angles of the BodyWedge21 mat in a group setting along with a variety of cardio skills including: kickboxing, rebounding, aerobics, stepping and classic drills. This is not just another prop; this is a tool that will provide every fitness enthusiast and group exercise instructor the clarity and the efficiency of a perfect workout. Get maximal results for all of your clients in minimal time.
Friday 10:30-12:30pm, Sunday 7-8:30am 143

BodyWedge21 Balance Training (workshop)
Jon Giswold & Adam Figueroa
Not just another lunge, not just another squat. By the simple addition of the BodyWedge 21, the hottest trend in kinetic chain response exercises is realized by de-stabilizing the foot. The unique class design utilizing the BodyWedge21 will encourage better neuromuscular benefits throughout the body with clever applications of dynamic movements.
Saturday 3:30-5pm, Sunday 1:30-3pm 144

RE: Bodywedge21

Francine:

Are there pictures of the bodywedge anywhere? What does this contraption look like?!?!?!

Clare

RE: I can't picture this for cardio

Kathy~I was wondering the same thing. Now, if Cathe was doing it, she'd just be springing right over the top of that thing. Yoo-Hooo, Francine???
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Cardio......

Cardio,weights, BOOTCAMP, drills,callistenics,tai-chi,yoga,pilates,kickbox,ballet,stretching etc. You name it you can do it on here! The bodywedge21 is a fitness tool with alot of options! It's another piece of equipment that if you are creative, the sky's the limit in your exercise selection possibilities }(

I highlighted Bootcamp cause I did a cardio/weights Bootcamp demo on it just the other day for an instructor (who ordered the bodywedge21 right away after seeing all that can be done on it)! It sells its self once you try it ;-0

Anna Benson (Fitprime creator)picked up a bunch of them for her studio on the farm after the masterclass,(I wouldn't be surprised now if she came out with workouts on it ;-)

Once you check out the bodywedge- you say Wow, why didn't I think of that! The design of the bodywedge 21 is soo sleek and the options are endless-what a GENIOUS idea and design of a product!

If anyone one wants specific pics let me know,I'm up and running with the picturetrail again!

PS DebbieH (your wish is my command my lady ;-) I just posted captions under my pics)if you want more info on a pic email me ;-)

PSS I'm still hoping I can salvage my 35 other pics with Keli Roberts,Robert Sherman , Gay Gasper,Len Kravitz,Madeline and others -I click on review of the pic and it comes up briefly (enough to see the pics clearly)then it fades away with a caption saying " picture file has been corrupted-camera could not display this picture"! The only way to view them is in my view finder cause when I uploaded them on picture trail they come up with box and an x in it---BUMMER! Needless to say after this fiasco, I bought a new battery charger,new baterries and new disc(memory card)to make sure my memories were captured ;-)

In the Power Systems catolog, this body wedge is 99.95 ... that is cheaper than the body wedge web site .... item number is H85110 ...Rhonda :7

Anyone interested in purchasing the Bodywedge21 can contact me personally , I can get you a better deal if I have a good size order }(

For those in NY can go to ECA and get a good deal there too and save on shipping ;-)

If you are local NJ or Philly I have 5 demos left or I can add your order to Golds gym(who just ordered 20) and deliver it to you or meet me! ! Also I'm gonna be at royal fitness in Barrington at 11 am today so if anyone wants to check out a demo- come see me!

Kath!

I E-mailed her telling her the same thing. I told her I still didn't understand the concept of doing aerobics/cardio on the BW21??? I wrote and asked her: Do you jump onto it...up,up,down,down moves, jax on it! HA! Sorry I know I sound stupid!!!! I'll let you know if I get a response! Just what I need. I do NOT have room for anything else!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: I can't picture this for cardio

Happy Valentine's day everyone:*

I had a really good turnout yesterday for demoing the BW21! Alot of people were curious or just on the fence about it! They were all ready to shoot away with their questions and concerns before we even proceeded ;-0 I said I'll be soo happy to answer any and all questions after the demo!

I introduced myself ( a lil background info) and how I stumbled onto the bodywedge21 ( my experiences with it personally and for my clients,how I introduced it to my group fitness classes etc)! Then I went into BW21 background- the benefits of the foam-the features and it's landmarks etc!I then asked them questions(what's their main purpose of wanting to try this and what are there PERSONAL fitness goals-I wrote down their wants/needs and put **** next to it)Surpisingly, I had a mix of goals so I separated everyone into groups! I started with the basic 21 exercises that are on the wedge with dumbells/tubing/bodybar-they are incline crunch,incline crossleg crunch(both sides)incline knee ups,incline obliques crunch(both)stiff leg raise(mermaids too)bent leg raise,side leg raise,knee assisted push ups,incline press,incline flye,incline chest pullover,incline tricep kick back,decline crunch,decline chest press,decline flye,assisted push up,leg raised crunch(both)incline pelvic thrust,lunge and then squat! I then showed all the angles that the BW21 can be used for(sideways upright etc) Then I showed extra bodypart exercises using these angles with modifications and then gradual progression ! I then did a mini hi lo using the bw21 as my prop, some KB combos,yoga poses,pilates moves(leg series ,vups etc)I also set up an agility course for drills with it for group settings or for one on one training and we used the wedge as hurdles and for drills! I also used some props with it for the PT who was looking for ideas on it to use for his clients! So We did partner drills esp for him ;-) We finished off with stretches on the wedge!

I then asked any q's, I got one-how do you clean it? Great question , I use a baby wipes or clean cloth!

It was such a blast and pleasure to be able to show each person how they could use the bw21 for their goals or needs! Once they tried it and experienced how it fits into their life-they had to have it ;-)
The BW21 is one of those products you try it you gotta buy it!

If anyone locally is ever interesetd in a test spin ,please contact me ,I'd be happy to demo for you ;-)

PS DebbieH & KathyS I'll be posting pics in my picture trail so keep a look out ;-) I'm on another mini Hiatus,so if you need me email me!

Francine,

Have you heard about the new FIRM workouts, the Body Sculpting System 3? (The preview is up at Collage.) For this series of workouts they are pushing their box/ramp, particularly for step cardio and lunges on the incline. Do you think the Bodywedge21 could substitute for it? I'm 6' tall and would like to lie down on something longer than 33". I also don't trust Goodtimes' quality and would like something a bit more versatile!

Thanks,
MaryS

Mary, I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if Goodtimes' idea for the ramp came from the BW21....Just spectualting, of course. ;)

Francine, what about a BOSU? I just got one and I'm thinking I can do most anything on it that I could do on a BW21? Maybe even more. Is there anything I'd really be missing out on by passing on the BW and using the BOSU instead? (I do love it so. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG])

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.