Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Yesterday morning was PiYo Drench. I haven't done that one in a while and my glutes are super sore this morning! This morning I had an equipment malfunction that caused me to alter my planned morning workout. The batteries were dead in my DVD remote and I couldnt find any replacements! This means I could not play any DVD that has a menu that I needed to select from to play the workout. :mad: This excludes a lot of my workouts--and all of my Cathe and KCM workouts! Luckily my planned double for this afternoon was Tony Massenburg's Ignite. That one does not have a menu so I was able to pop it in and just play. However I workout for an hour in the morning and that is only a 30 minute HIIT workout. So I thought I'd be able to do one of Cathe's Stretch Max stretches. Because even if there is a menu I can still play the first selection. Unfortunately the first selection on that DVD is the intro which is all my DVD player would let me play. :( I could have found something else but I had already wasted so much time searching for batteries, that I just decided it would be a short workout morning. Ignite is an excellent HIIT workout, so I still got in a good workout.

My husband is working at home today since he has two doctor's appointments. He is getting batteries so my DVD remote with be functional when I get home from work! Planned doubles is KCM: Cardio Pump--the 30 minute Pump/strength workout. Not the strength workout I had planned for today, but for a 30 minute workout it is a very good total body strength workout. I was able to fix my rotation so that I can still do all of the workouts I planned to do this week, in spite of the equipment malfunction.

On kickboxing/boxing/heavy bag workouts I always use Cathe's 2 pound weighted gloves. For me, it is the only way to get a boxing workout to the level that I feel challenged. With 2 pound weighted gloves I get a great workout from Hardstrikes. Not as good as some of her other workouts, but still an intense little workout.

Today I did Total Body Trisets, the Upper Body split. It's been a very, very long time since I've done this one! I love the twists she puts on the exercises. It's a nice change after the straight-forward Gym Style workouts.

Jen, that stinks about your remote! I always wonder what I would do if the power went out when it was workout time. I'm sure I could wing it, but I just love following along to a DVD. Yup, I'm hooked.

Jen, electronic malfunctions are so frustrating. Sometimes in the summer the old computer I use for DVDs doesn't work and I have to go hook up my laptop. Such a time waster!

I like to use 1-lb dumbbells for boxing workouts. Makes a nice difference! I don't have weighted gloves. I don't think I'd ever want the boxing gloves. I just think of how sweaty my hands would get. Though if I had a heavy bag, I guess I'd have to get them. :p

Jodi, I keep passing over Total Body Trisets. I'm not sure why! Hmm, maybe I need to do that one soon.

Today I did Horizontal Conditioning Vol. 2. This was very hard, but I think it was actually easier than the last time I did it (which was over a year ago, maybe two). :oops:

This morning I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme Legs & Core. It was a good workout, but Slo Mo Legs reins as her best and personally--any Cathe lower body workout is better than All Pump Extreme's Legs. But it was still a solid workout. No doubles today. My husband and I are going to a concert tonight and won't be home until late. So I took tomorrow off--I will do a super long workout tomorrow!

I haven't done Total Body Trisets in a while but I do love it. I remember the lower body portion being really tough and very metabolic!

I feel silly about how my DVD remote problem nearly messed up my morning workout. My husband pointed out that I have been working out for years--why didn't I just cobble together my own workout w/out a DVD? I did consider that, but it is 4am when I workout! These things take preparation! That is why I spend so much time creating workout calendars and making workout cards to record my weights for every strength workout I do. I could easily put together a cardio/HIIT workout and I have a book and apps to do just that. Oh and Mark Lauren's books and app. But I just didn't want to. At 4am I just want someone to tell me what to do and I like to have everything ready and prepared the night before (equipment all laid out strategically, workout card and pen at the ready). So I spend too much time trying to make that remote work. We have lots of back up batteries now! I probably should put one of my books in the workout room in case something like this (or worse) happens in the future. If I ever get my ipad I can just go to my Mark Lauren app. Oh--and my husband also pointed out that when we finally get another apple TV this won't be a problem anymore. If a DVD doesn't work I just go to a Cathe workout in her streaming.

Anyway, I do feel silly about the whole thing but it worked out fine. Toby's Ignite is a great workout and I got a great strength workout from KCM's Cardio Pump in the afternoon.

Jen, that's exactly how I feel! I know I could put together a workout on paper, but I'd rather have someone leading me, instructing me. I just feel like I get so much more out of the workout. My co-workers asked me what I would do if someone broke into my house and stole all my DVDs. I didn't even want to entertain the thought...it was just too scary to imagine! Silly, I know!

Today was Crossfire. Another one that has sat for too long. I love everything about this workout and yet I can't remember the last time I reached for it. I won't let that much time pass again for sure. I was dripping sweat and red in the face when I was done!

This morning was RwH Upper Body Circuit Premix 5. I also did 3 sets of the frog bridges Nathalie shared on our FB group this week. Pretty awesome exercise! It really isolates the glutes.

tslop49--you can get some awesome workouts with nothing but your bodyweight. There have been books written about it and some great DVDs (Mark Lauren!). You don't need iron to sculpt your body. It's been a while since I've read Mark's books but I am pretty sure he stated he doesn't lift any weights. He has sculpted his body from bodyweight work alone and he is ripped. I love bodyweight work. I always tell myself I am going to do lots of bodyweight workouts on vacations but we wear ourselves out and I just want to crash in the hotel room.

SarBear--it looks like you are finding ways to keep a workout routine while on business and vacation. When I was on business trips (years ago/pre-Cathe--my current job doesn't require me to travel) I always took resistance bands to workout in my hotel room and went to the gym for cardio. But in the past few years I have brought her DVDs like Travel Fit and Slide and Gide with me with plans to use them though I never did. We walk pretty much 12+ hours a day on vacation and not only am I exhausted--but my heels are killing me (I have plates and screws in my heels)--so it never happens. :(

Mary--isn't Power Hour awesome? I cannot believe it has been sitting on my shelf for years, neglected. What a super tough total body workout! I really need to revisit Cathe's older workouts more often. I need to do Maximum Intensity Strength again. Its been a while since I've done that one, too. I remember the first time I did Maximum Intensity Cardio I was astounded at how intense it was. Cathe was beating the @#$&* out of us long before Shaun T appeared!

My daughters graduated from the same high school I did. But 26 years ago (god I am old) my graduating class was about 350. I bought a house in the same neighborhood my parents still live in. It was a new neighborhood when they had their house built--when I was 16 years old! Now it is much older but new neighborhoods have sprung up all around us. Fields that were empty when I was a kid now have Targets, Walmarts, Dicks Sporting Goods, Olive Gardens, Wendy's, etc. Even an outlet mall! The area has exploded over the past 20 years! I was astounded at the size if their graduating class, too--but what really freaked me out is that my youngest daughter graduated valedictorian. In my head I was remembering that when I graduated there were not very many valedictorians at graduation--so I was exceedingly proud of my genius daughter. Then we get to the graduation and there are 18 other valedictorians!!!! I was still proud over her, don't misunderstand, but in a class on 1000 students that small percentage of top students is a much bigger number![
This morning was RwH Upper Body Circuit Premix 5. I also did 3 sets of the frog bridges Nathalie shared on our FB group this week. Pretty awesome exercise! It really isolates the glutes.

tslop49--you can get some awesome workouts with nothing but your bodyweight. There have been books written about it and some great DVDs (Mark Lauren!). You don't need iron to sculpt your body. It's been a while since I've read Mark's books but I am pretty sure he stated he doesn't lift any weights. He has sculpted his body from bodyweight work alone and he is ripped. I love bodyweight work. I always tell myself I am going to do lots of bodyweight workouts on vacations but we wear ourselves out and I just want to crash in the hotel room.

SarBear--it looks like you are finding ways to keep a workout routine while on business and vacation. When I was on business trips (years ago/pre-Cathe--my current job doesn't require me to travel) I always took resistance bands to workout in my hotel room and went to the gym for cardio. But in the past few years I have brought her DVDs like Travel Fit and Slide and Gide with me with plans to use them though I never did. We walk pretty much 12+ hours a day on vacation and not only am I exhausted--but my heels are killing me (I have plates and screws in my heels)--so it never happens. :(

Mary--isn't Power Hour awesome? I cannot believe it has been sitting on my shelf for years, neglected. What a super tough total body workout! I really need to revisit Cathe's older workouts more often. I need to do Maximum Intensity Strength again. Its been a while since I've done that one, too. I remember the first time I did Maximum Intensity Cardio I was astounded at how intense it was. Cathe was beating the @#$&* out of us long before Shaun T appeared!

My daughters graduated from the same high school I did. But 26 years ago (god I am old) my graduating class was about 350. I bought a house in the same neighborhood my parents still live in. It was a new neighborhood when they had their house built--when I was 16 years old! Now it is much older but new neighborhoods have sprung up all around us. Fields that were empty when I was a kid now have Targets, Walmarts, Dicks Sporting Goods, Olive Gardens, Wendy's, etc. Even an outlet mall! The area has exploded over the past 20 years! I was astounded at the size if their graduating class, too--but what really freaked me out is that my youngest daughter graduated valedictorian. In my head I was remembering that when I graduated there were not very many valedictorians at graduation--so I was exceedingly proud of my genius daughter. Then we get to the graduation and there are 18 other valedictorians!!!! I was still proud over her, don't misunderstand, but in a class on 1000 students that small percentage of top students is a much bigger number!
Jen..I really like the body weight stuff and agree, it is a great workout. I didn't have a pull up bar , so back was tough, but could do everything else. On the way home, the motel had DUMBBELLS!!! I was excited and hit back and shoulders tonight(pull up bar too) Glad to be back on schedule!

I took the day off work today since I didn't get into bed until after 1am. I slept in and worked out for nearly two hours this morning. It felt great but my upper body is screaming at me still. I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme and I worked from the chapter section. I did the warm up, the multi-joint (compound exercises), all of the upper body segments (back, chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps). Then I did KCM's Athletic Conditioning workout #1. Great workout but it wore me out! I definitely like the upper body part of All Pump Extreme better than the lower body portion and she did a MUCH better job working the back than she did in Slo Mo and Drop Sets. I think if you did hit "play all" (a two hour total body workout that encompasses everything I did today plus the Legs, Core & stretch from yesterday) then maybe the legs would be appropriate because if the lower body work had been as intense as it is in Slo Mo it would be hard to complete the rest of the workout! I really like the workout--another great Amy Bento workout. But man, this workout is seriously equipment heavy!

Last edited:
My co-workers asked me what I would do if someone broke into my house and stole all my DVDs. I didn't even want to entertain the thought...it was just too scary to imagine! Silly, I know!

VERY scary Jodi. I love crossfire. In fact I love both Crossfire and To the max. When I want to gauge my cardiovascular
ability at any point I always incorporate workout such as crossfire, imax3, to the the max and INTENSITY.
Those are workout I usually do within six months of the year. I have to do at least these ones with no pause!

Mary: I saw your thread asking for a low impact workout to start with after knee injury. How about cycling?
Hope you find the best option.

Jen: Did you have a great time attending the concert with your husband. That must have been great!

Tslop49: I am considering getting the ab wheel.

Today's work out was Pedal power xtr prmx 71 minutes. I was a sweaty mess by the end of the program:D

We stopped at a motel on the way home, and, to my surprise , it had a gym with dumbbells (only up to 50 lbs) but I was able to do back and shoulders because it had a pull up bar and a machine to do lat pull downs. I woke up this morning and did legs using the 50s instead of barbell and between squats and lunges and toe raises I was able to get a leg workout in! Now I am back on schedule for the week!! Vacation was great but NO internet and I really missed "iron time" and I am glad to be back on schedule.

Today I did The Bar Method's Super Sculpting II, another great workout with the sweet grandmother who kicks your butt without you even knowing it. I can only wish I look as great as her at that age. Heck, I wish I looked that good now! Haha! Such tiny movements in these Bar Method workouts, but man, they are effective. I am feeling every muscle in my legs right now. Good stuff!

Just wanted to drop in and say hi! I'm leaving on my business trip today so I've been scrambling all week trying to get things done before I leave. Been hitting it hard workouts-wise since I'm not sure how much I'll get to work out on this trip (although I'm coming prepared with plenty of bodyweight workouts and hiit). Saturday I did Crossfire (what a great workout!), Sunday I did Cathe's Live 80's workout from last week, Monday I did our favorite RwH Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps, Tuesday was AB's Slo Mo legs, Wednesday was RwH Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. Today I have to keep it short, but I refuse to skip my workout altogether so I'm going to do one of Cathe's hiit workouts.

I probably won't get to check in much while I am out of town, but I'm sure I'll pop in once in awhile to check the forums via the app on my phone.

See you guys in a week!

This morning was Amy Dixon's Breathless Body #2 and planned doubles is PiYo Hardcore.

SarBear sounds like a great week of workouts! What are your thoughts on Slo Mo Legs? Are you bringing DVDs on your business trip, or just have specific workouts planned?

Nathalie--the concert was ok. It was actually a band my husband is a fan of--not me. It was fun tho.

Today was Pyramid Upper Body, minus the ab segment because mine are sore from yesterday's workout. Love this workout. Definitely one of my favorites!

SarBear, enjoy your trip!

Workouts for the past week

Day 1. Flex train
Day 2. Insanity core cardio and balance
Day 3. Insanity cardio recovery
Day 4. Insanity core cardio and balance
Day 5. Piyo buns
Day 6. Stress relieving walk in the park

I enjoyed the workouts some soreness in the core and buns. It was good to mix it up and not do anything to strenuous on my body. I love piyo and insanity but not too much of it. This felt good on my body. I've also been adding my super foods to my morning nutriblast and I could feel a difference.

This morning was Ilaria's Powerstrike 5. I forget how excellent her kickbox workouts are until I do them. I used 2 pound weighted gloves and man did she work me out hard! Next week I am working overtime again and it is an all Ilaria week--Powerstrike, Atletica and Bodystrike workouts. It should be a tough week--even without my doubles.

Welcome healing11! I love both Insanity and PiYo, too. I did PiYo Hardcore yesterday for my doubles workout and it killed me! When I do PiYo all I can think is that I really need to be doing this more! My quads, shoulders and abs were aching and shaking by the time it was over. Insanity, however, I completely agree--I need that in small doses! But they are the most intense cardio out there!

Jodi, I love Pyramid, too. I have a week scheduled at the end of June/begining of July where I do both Total Body Trisets and Pyramid during the week--should be a tough but fun week!

Nathalie--I always mean to do more of Cathe's cycling workouts, but I never get around to them. I keep hoping to one day get a spin bike rather than doing them on my recumbent. But I still get a great workout even when I do them on my recumbent! So I really should do them more often.

Today is a rest day.

I'm curious about Cathe's cycle workouts. I've never bought them because I have the kind of stationary bike where the handles move back and forth as you pedal (I think it's called a fan bike or air-resistance bike?). Jen's comment about using her recumbant bike made me wonder...could I follow along with one the cycle DVDs with that or would the arm movement get in the way? I never use the bike because it bores me like the treadmill, but if I had Cathe and gang to push me, I'd be willing to try it.

I'm taking another rest day here. Two days ago was my 27th wedding anniversary. Hubby and I went out to a lovely Japanese restaurant for dinner and then a few places for drinks. Uhhh, we didn't get home til 2am and yesterday I was feeling out-of-sorts as you can imagine. :oops: Today I just felt like getting a head start on stuff. Hoping that tomorrow I'm completely re-energized.

Nathalie, Happy Birthday!!! :) And thanks for the low impact recommendations! I did preview RWH Low Impact and some others and will try one soon.

Jodi, the only bike I have is for outdoors. Someday, though, I'd like to get a spinning bike. You can be sure I'd get all of Cathe's cycle DVDs then!

Hello Ladies,

Hope you are all well. I had two days off. Yesterday was my birthday. Yes It was a reminder
warning me I am not getting younger at all.
I am still going through further test and this is stressing me a tiny bit:oops::oops:. My blood test
for allergens is way too high. The limit is about 200ml/gr and mine is about 2000:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I had a big patch of eczema on my neck which was really irritatingly itchy. I had to have an injection and now
I am already feeling better.;););) This was the first time ever I had to suffer from eczema. So glad it is
clearing itself up now.

I have always had some food allergy coming from family background but this test is opening my eyes bigger
Nuts are driving me nuts:D:D:D. I am allergic to peanut since I was a child. Now since I have been
working out consistently I need some food and I like getting some healthy fat from Cashew and Almond.
So there we go I am going to have to cut this out. I like it cause it taste good but I can not be anxious holding my inhalor
all the time in case it triggers severe reaction. Asthmas, sweelling etc....My doctor was actually surprised I had not had
any difficulty breathing. So no strict diet at the moment. I am heading to hospital Monday for futher food allergy test.

Today workout was High step challenge. The main program. I had not done it in while and it kicked by butt as
always:):):) In a good way.

Tom: I finally purchased the ab wheel. Just need to put it together.

Mary: Thanks Mary for your wishes. Take it easy on your low impact and I know you will listen to your body.
I would love to re-start STS with you ladies so we can all keep a good mental focus;)

Jodi: Cathe's cycling dvd are actually home spinning program. Basically you need a spinning bike to be able to
to execute some jumps while cycling. I had a stationnery bike and trust me I tried and It was a Grrr time.
I had the bike and I hardly used it. I am sure I hadn't ridden it more than 3 times. In the end I sold it and invested
in a spinning bike about 2 years after Cathe released her first cycling dvd. I never looked back and trust me spinning
is fun fun fun. The resistance just bring the cycling to a another level. I am warning you you might get addicted;););).
In a good way of course.

SarBear: Enjoy your time away from home ;);)

Healling11: Welcome back on the ckeck in:):)

Jen: Total Triset---That is another good one on your upcoming line up. Enjoy the plie wall squat Lol. Your favourite:D

That is all I have to share today;)

Hope to hear from you soon,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.