Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Hello everyone!
I have to say that I am quite impressed with how well everyone is doing. And yes, I get quite inspired with those heavy weights that you are all lifting.

I guess it might be obvious that I have not been working out to STS since I have come back from vacation at the beginning of the month. but I have been doing the January calendar rotation. It just seems more doable at this point.

So sorry I left the group and never checked in. Nathalie, thank you for the invite to keep checking in. I got discouraged from not losing weight while working out with Heavy weights and really wanted to focus on losing the weight. So doing more Cardio and lighter weights is the way for me to go.

I will keep touching base with you all and cheering you on to the end.

Hello everyone!

Veronika--I totally get where you are coming from. It is the reason I am hitting the doubles hard. It is hard to do STS and lose weight/fat. For me, I always seem to be trying to "out train" my diet--which isn't possible. I had that good run the end of last year, but I cannot seem to get back on the clean diet wagon. I am doing better, but still not where I want to be. I think the January calendar rotation looks awesome and I so want to do it, too. Sometimes I feel a bit irritated with myself that I have locked myself into this year-long rotation, but then a big part of me really wants to complete it. I am trying to look at it as organic. I can work other things around it. I don't have to follow it to the letter. I might find a way to work maybe 2 weeks of that calendar rotation into the year.

Mary--I am loving KCM! I have only done Plateau Buster so far--but I have done workouts from it 4 times! Her 30 Minutes series is PERFECT for my doubles! I have now bought a total of 5 of her workouts and I have several more I am dying to get. I have Circuit Burn, too, btw. I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick! That does make it difficult and you do need to take it easier and take more rest days so your body has sufficient time to recover from your illness and the workouts you are doing.

Here is the weighted vest I have: Amazon.com: ZFOsports® - 40LBS ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTED VEST: Sports & Outdoors

I figure next week I'll post my weights since technically the 3rd week of Meso 3 is our heaviest weights used and the pinnacle of STS--weight-wise at least. However, I do plan to try to use heavier weights than I used this week for the final week of Meso 3. Not on every single exercise, but the ones I felt like I could have done more than 7 reps. And there were a few.

Nathalie--you are really hitting those 100 Rep Challenges hard! I do miss doing them. I just can't seem to fit them in, time-wise, and do everything else I want to do. I do plan to do a month of Xtrain during this year-long rotation and I plan to incorporate them all of them into that rotation.

The soreness hasn't really abated! And with all my new workouts being used as doubles, I am not always sure what is causing some of the soreness--Meso 3, the new workouts or some combination! I know Chest & Back burns out my chest muscles every time. Then I do Jillian Michaels' Yoga Inferno the next day and WOW--those chatarrungas are so hard when your chest muscles are so dang sore! Plus, I think the Yoga Infernos were making my lower body sore, but not completely sure because the morning of Yoga Inferno doubles I do an Amy Dixon Breathless Body--which is HIIT workouts with lots of plyo (then Wednesdays here comes Plyo Legs!). So I have no clue exactly what is making my glutes and legs sore! All of it!

I did X10/X62 this morning. It's been about a month since I've done an X10 workout and I forgot how @#$%* hard that workout is! Wow! I pushed through till the end tho. And tomorrow is Squat Rack Legs with some tabatas thrown in afterward!

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

To Mary: Sorry to hear you are still sick. You are doing well not falling behind with STS. I would take it easy as the sooner you get better, quicker you will get back to your routine. As to your question about small increment. it's small plate weighting half pound. They do come in handy working out dropset, pyramid and small muscles. I can easily increase the load for my back but I really have to take it easy for my shoulder. It's a small muscle.

Gorilla Sports - Tri Grip Weight Plates 4 x 0.5Kg

Get better soon Mary;)

To veronika: So glad to hear from you. Let us know how you are doing with January rotation. Both rotations are brilliant. I will definitely do them at some point. All the very best for the weight loss.

To Jen: I must admit 100 challenge are helping tremendously. Having done Rock bottom has made me realise I need to add segment for glutes everyweek. That was the reason I added hip thrust. Ouch! the Doms are instant cause I have to constantly keep a tension. It is working. As to other 100 challenges for shoulder, biceps and triceps, they do work too. I am amazed with myself how heavy I can go with the workload. More we embark on those hypertrophy programs stronger we get:). I really like both january rotation. I will do the Gym style when we get to the Gym style bodybuilding rotation.

This week has been full of DOMS. Honestly I had it all over my ears lol:D:D:D. L Loving it though. Plyo plus squat within a week bring extreme intensity on legs. I felt it. I had tabatacise planned on rotation on top of other Hiit and plyo and skipped it. I felt I needed to recover and shift segments around.

Jen I would like to purchase a good Yoga dvd focused on flexibility. What would you recommend?

• Monday: Disc 28+ 100 hip thrust and 100 lateral raised
  • Tues: AOLI plus disc 29 plyo What on earth was I thinking mapping out this rotation :-/
  • Wed: Disc30+ 50 reverse lunges alternating
  • Thurs:To the max
  • Frid:Great Glutes
  • Saturday: Rack disc 36 +100 Reverse biceps
I had tabatacise planned but could not due to DOMS.

As to the weight load I increased the rack weight load by 2 pounds. I increased more on front squat.

I will share next week rotation with you tomorrow.

Good weekend Ladies,

Hi Nathalie--I have 3 favorite yoga/Flexibility workouts and unfortunately 2 of them are not available "alone." My absolutely favorite for flexibility is Stretch 40 from TurboFire, followed closely by X Stretch from P90X. Stretch 40 starts with yoga to warm you up, but then goes into some nice deep stretching. X Stretch is just an hour of deep stretching. (BTW--I loathe Yoga X from P90X--loathe it!) The third one I love that is available alone is Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior. It is tough! I actually used it during P90X as a substitute for Yoga X (because as I mentioned before--I HATED doing Yoga X). Unlike the other two it is very tough and though you do get deep stretching, the first few times you do it, you will be sore afterwards! At least I was.

And though I really love Jillian Michael's Yoga Inferno--It is not deeply relaxing stretching. It cannot even be classified as yoga. It is more of some kind of yoga/HIIT fusion. The stretching is very dynamic, poses are rarely held for more than a few seconds and she inserts cardio blasts--plank jacks, jump lunges, that type of thing. It has a lot of body weight strength in it. You do get stretched--don't get me wrong, but you get a lot more--stretch, strength and cardio. I felt sore after I did them, but the truth is I can't be certain some of the soreness wasn't also due to all the other workouts I was doing.

I do have to add, that tho I do own a ton of workout DVDs, yoga isn't the type I am always on the lookout for. So I might not be the best person to ask. My workout DVD collection is primarily made up of strength and cardio workouts, since that's what I prefer to do. I really have to force myself to work on flexibility. I do use STS Extended Stretch once a week while I am doing STS--and I love that one.

And I meant to mention in my other post--I have weight plates, too--they are very cool. Mine are called Platemates. They're 1.25 pounds each and they are great for increasing weight for smaller muscle groups in STS.

Last edited:
Hi Nathalie--I have 3 favorite yoga/Flexibility workouts and unfortunately 2 of them are not available "alone." My absolutely favorite for flexibility is Stretch 40 from TurboFire, followed closely by X Stretch from P90X. Stretch 40 starts with yoga to warm you up, but then goes into some nice deep stretching. X Stretch is just an hour of deep stretching. (BTW--I loathe Yoga X from P90X--loathe it!) The third one I love that is available alone is Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior. It is tough! I actually used it during P90X as a substitute for Yoga X (because as I mentioned before--I HATED doing Yoga X). Unlike the other two it is very tough and though you do get deep stretching, the first few times you do it, you will be sore afterwards! At least I was.

And though I really love Jillian Michael's Yoga Inferno--It is not deeply relaxing stretching. It cannot even be classified as yoga. It is more of some kind of yoga/HIIT fusion. The stretching is very dynamic, poses are rarely held for more than a few seconds and she inserts cardio blasts--plank jacks, jump lunges, that type of thing. It has a lot of body weight strength in it. You do get stretched--don't get me wrong, but you get a lot more--stretch, strength and cardio. I felt sore after I did them, but the truth is I can't be certain some of the soreness wasn't also due to all the other workouts I was doing.

I do have to add, that tho I do own a ton of workout DVDs, yoga isn't the type I am always on the lookout for. So I might not be the best person to ask. My workout DVD collection is primarily made up of strength and cardio workouts, since that's what I prefer to do. I really have to force myself to work on flexibility. I do use STS Extended Stretch once a week while I am doing STS--and I love that one.

And I meant to mention in my other post--I have weight plates, too--they are very cool. Mine are called Platemates. They're 1.25 pounds each and they are great for increasing weight for smaller muscle groups in STS.

I did consider these platemate microloads jen. These are must have for like-minded lifters ;-)

Howdy everyone,
Funny how it all works out sometimes. I had a good week last week and did all of the January 3rd week rotation and added gym styles. I seem to like those heavy weight routines better than I do the STS. So in order to lift heavy at this point, I better do the DVD's I like. Don't know if that will happen this week with adding the heavy lifting but I will stay true to finishing the January calendar rotation. I have not jumped on the scale all month since starting the rotation and I don't feel like I have lost any more weight but My clothes feel looser so we shall see on Feb. 1st when I take my measurements.

This is so weird to me. I am so jealous of you girls and your results and sticking to the plan. I feel like I wimped out on you girls. I did not like that I took such a long time off and then Saw how behind I got while y'all never gave up. I am very proud of you gals and I do want y'all to finish strong.

Mary, I hope you got over whatever you had. My clan here at home is fighting off a stomach bug that has been going around the school. Had to go pick up one of my boys from school this morning due to it. Funny, how when he got home he waas feeling so good he asked if he could play his video games. I quickly replied with his options. Do school work and lay in bed or start cleaning house. I don't hear the vacuum or the dishes so I better go check to see what subject he is working on. He is my son that would rather make forts all day than sit down to do any kind of reading or writing. Drives me LOCA!, but God is Good, the other three children lean the other way, especially the youngest which is a relief.

Hope to check in soon. Today's workout is Hard Strikes and I will see if I will have time later to do an upper body or leg workout.

Nathalie, where did you get your plate mates and how much did they cost. How do you use them compared to the weight gloves Cathe uses in the STS program?

Nathalie,
How much do you loathe Yoga X? I really want to know. I have a Barney kids video that my daughter loved so much to watch when she was younger. Now when I hear any of the songs from that video I really feel like retching. I hate that video! So I think I know what you mean when you say you hate that workout. Thought it was funny and you made me laugh.

Sorry Nathalie,

The last post was meant for Jen about Yoga X.

Jen, is stretch 40 in turbo fire in that bundle that I bought from beach body? I bought that bundle and I think I need to take it out and do it. My problem is I get so stuck in following one person and routine that I forget about all the other DVDs I could be using.

Jen, you are the one with Platemates and Nathalie uses the Gorilla plates. I am so confused. So which are easier to use in lifting? I can't get past using the 15 pounders even with the lifting gloves with weights. I try to lift 20's but they are way too heavy for me . I can't bust that plateau. So I would like something like the plate mates to help me out when lifting with dumbbells .

Jen, you are the one with Platemates and Nathalie uses the Gorilla plates. I am so confused. So which are easier to use in lifting? I can't get past using the 15 pounders even with the lifting gloves with weights. I try to lift 20's but they are way too heavy for me . I can't bust that plateau. So I would like something like the plate mates to help me out when lifting with dumbbells .

Hi veronica,

Plate mates are better cause they are magnets plates you can stick to any metal plates or metal dumbbell ;-)

Will report later :)

Reverse Pyramid and other things

Since the time is nearing, I have been thinking a lot about the reverse pyramid. I was initially going to do it as you laid it out, Nathalie--literally in reverse; but the more I thought about it, it didn't make sense. Why would I be decreasing my weights systematically? Why would I be doing less push ups as I go? I did some research on the Cathe forum and I couldn't find anyone who did it that way give a good reason for it. I did however find a good reason for starting at the beginning of each mesocycle when reversing: FAQ- What is the STS "pyramid".... what do you do *after* STS?. So I think I am going to do it that way. I am still doing the reverse pyramid, but I will start at the beginning of Mesos 2 & 1. What are your thoughts Nathalie?

And I'll be honest--I ADORE STS, but I do feel some resistance to going back to Meso 2. I don't know why. Part of me feels ready to move on to something else--Gym Styles/Hardcore rotation! But I am going to stick this out and hopefully see some great results. I am lifting heavier than the last time I did STS. I'll post my weights for each workout this week this weekend--gotta get through Squat Rack Legs first.

Veronika--I am going to try to focus on measurements myself rather than just the scale. Because the scale isn't doing me any favors! But I am not real happy with my measurements either. However, I am currently reading Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle and it is really inspiring me to set physical goals for myself outside of the scale. Then I got Cathe's calendar and I am going to use it to track my measurements, weight and body fat and hopefully get where I want to be. My focus is going to be on body fat percentage and waist size.

Here are the plate mates I own. I bought them so long ago, I cannot remember where exactly I bought them or how much I paid for them. They were before I bought Select Techs tho. I had forgotten about them until STS. My first round of STS I used Cathe's weighted gloves and I didn't like that system. I actually bought the weighted gloves for kickboxing, which is now all I used them for. But then this round, I remembered I owned those platemates and they work 10x better than the gloves. They also have them in even smaller increments: Amazon.com: Plate Mate 5/8 lb Microload Donut Pair: Sports & Outdoors

Veronika--yes, Stretch 40 is in the base TurboFire kit. I LOVE that stretch workout. There is a lot of good stuff in TurboFire, even if you never do it as a program. I do the same thing. I was in a Cathe "rut" there for a while--that is not a bad thing btw! but I was ignoring the hundreds of other excellent trainers and DVDs I already own! I have been making a point to start including them again as well as branching out and trying some new trainers and I am really glad I did! For instance, during this bodybuilding rotation you are supposed to do 2 weeks of Shock Cardio. Well, instead of that, I am going to do 2 weeks of Insanity. I love Insanity and have been neglecting it. I also plan to somehow work in P90X and P90X2 into this very long rotation since they naturally fit into the purpose of it anyway.

Ok--I better go for now and get some work done!

Since the time is nearing, I have been thinking a lot about the reverse pyramid. I was initially going to do it as you laid it out, Nathalie--literally in reverse; but the more I thought about it, it didn't make sense. Why would I be decreasing my weights systematically? Why would I be doing less push ups as I go? I did some research on the Cathe forum and I couldn't find anyone who did it that way give a good reason for it. I did however find a good reason for starting at the beginning of each mesocycle when reversing: FAQ- What is the STS "pyramid".... what do you do *after* STS?. So I think I am going to do it that way. I am still doing the reverse pyramid, but I will start at the beginning of Mesos 2 & 1. What are your thoughts Nathalie?

And I'll be honest--I ADORE STS, but I do feel some resistance to going back to Meso 2. I don't know why. Part of me feels ready to move on to something else--Gym Styles/Hardcore rotation! But I am going to stick this out and hopefully see some great results. I am lifting heavier than the last time I did STS. I'll post my weights for each workout this week this weekend--gotta get through Squat Rack Legs first.

Veronika--I am going to try to focus on measurements myself rather than just the scale. Because the scale isn't doing me any favors! But I am not real happy with my measurements either. However, I am currently reading Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle and it is really inspiring me to set physical goals for myself outside of the scale. Then I got Cathe's calendar and I am going to use it to track my measurements, weight and body fat and hopefully get where I want to be. My focus is going to be on body fat percentage and waist size.

Here are the plate mates I own. I bought them so long ago, I cannot remember where exactly I bought them or how much I paid for them. They were before I bought Select Techs tho. I had forgotten about them until STS. My first round of STS I used Cathe's weighted gloves and I didn't like that system. I actually bought the weighted gloves for kickboxing, which is now all I used them for. But then this round, I remembered I owned those platemates and they work 10x better than the gloves. They also have them in even smaller increments: Amazon.com: Plate Mate 5/8 lb Microload Donut Pair: Sports & Outdoors

Veronika--yes, Stretch 40 is in the base TurboFire kit. I LOVE that stretch workout. There is a lot of good stuff in TurboFire, even if you never do it as a program. I do the same thing. I was in a Cathe "rut" there for a while--that is not a bad thing btw! but I was ignoring the hundreds of other excellent trainers and DVDs I already own! I have been making a point to start including them again as well as branching out and trying some new trainers and I am really glad I did! For instance, during this bodybuilding rotation you are supposed to do 2 weeks of Shock Cardio. Well, instead of that, I am going to do 2 weeks of Insanity. I love Insanity and have been neglecting it. I also plan to somehow work in P90X and P90X2 into this very long rotation since they naturally fit into the purpose of it anyway.

Ok--I better go for now and get some work done!

Hi Jen,

I will just briefly reply regarding reversing STS. I can recall reading the link above. Not quite sure how I ended up on that blog. That being said, I will go with my gutt:):). STS being an overloading program in which the weight increase from 65% rep max to 95% from meso 1 to 3 is already a pyramid up consisting of gradually increasing the weight. That is my understanding. Now going from 95% to 65% back up to 85% make less sense to me than starting straight from 85% meso 3 then 80% reversing back to 65%. That make sense and follow the similar concept than cathe's pyramid dvd.

http://cathe.com/what-are-the-benefits-of-pyramid-strength-training

You can "reverse" back in order if you want to. Do you still want to do meso 2 and 1 or you prefer to move on onto something else. Remember it's your program . Feel free to modify should you want to.

I will check in tomorrow detailing my rotation for this week. So far I did INTENSITY yellow yesterday :D:D and did disc 33 sts today with 100 challenges in between.

I decided to take a plunge and ordered a spinning bike as I have been longing for one for ages now lol. It's getting delivered tomorrow. I can't wait.

Let me know whatever you decide to do after meso 3.

I will check in tomorrow,

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Hi Jen,

I will just briefly reply regarding reversing STS. I can recall reading the link above. Not quite sure how I ended up on that blog. That being said, I will go with my gutt:):). STS being an overloading program in which the weight increase from 65% rep max to 95% from meso 1 to 3 is already a pyramid up consisting of gradually increasing the weight. That is my understanding. Now going from 95% to 65% back up to 85% make less sense to me than starting straight from 85% meso 3 then 80% reversing back to 65%. That make sense and follow the similar concept than cathe's pyramid dvd.

Cathe Friedrich - What Are the Benefits of Pyramid Strength Training?

You can "reverse" back in order if you want to. Do you still want to do meso 2 and 1 or you prefer to move on onto something else. Remember it's your program . Feel free to modify should you want to.

I will check in tomorrow detailing my rotation for this week. So far I did INTENSITY yellow yesterday :D:D and did disc 33 sts today with 100 challenges in between.

I decided to take a plunge and ordered a spinning bike as I have been longing for one for ages now lol. It's getting delivered tomorrow. I can't wait.

Let me know whatever you decide to do after meso 3.

I will check in tomorrow,

Kind Regards,

That's what I initially thought when considering it as similar to her Pyramids workout--except the more I thought about it, it really isn't set up the same. Yes, when you go from Meso 1-3 you are pyramiding up in weights (and down in reps), but that doesn't actually happen if you reverse the the workouts back down. In Pyramids, when you decrease weight, you increase reps (and when you increase weight you decrease reps). In Meso 1 and Meso 2, you will only be decreasing weight, but the reps remain the same in both mesocycles. So you're actually making the workouts easier on yourself, rather than overloading.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

That's what I initially thought when considering it as similar to her Pyramids workout--except the more I thought about it, it really isn't set up the same. Yes, when you go from Meso 1-3 you are pyramiding up in weights (and down in reps), but that doesn't actually happen if you reverse the the workouts back down. In Pyramids, when you decrease weight, you increase reps (and when you increase weight you decrease reps). In Meso 1 and Meso 2, you will only be decreasing weight, but the reps remain the same in both mesocycles. So you're actually making the workouts easier on yourself, rather than overloading.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Jen what I think the detail you are missing is when you do both meso 1 and 2 in reverse yes the weight will be decreasing but the load you would be lifting is not (at least for me) would not be same when you started going up.

I am intending to change the load as at the completion of meso 3. The one rep max at the beginning of meso 1 is not the same. By changing that it's already a challenge. Yes reps pattern remain the same but the load is different.

I am looking to make it challenging by:

• Amending the one rep max as at the completion of meso 3. As cathe said by following the overloading cycle we should all get stronger. yes it works ;-)
  • Doing 85% one rep max (one rep max as at the completion of meso 3) for meso 2 for four weeks or 2
  • Doing 75% for meso 1 for four weeks or two

As you can see there is quite a big 10% drop in weight but reps are increasing. IMO this is a challenge cause the weight load I started with is not the same one reversing. Hope I have managed to make you understand my thughts on this.

Yes I am going to have to do all maths manually.
After this I won't be doing any over 70% rep for while.:D

Kind Regards,

That makes sense. And I did plan to increase my weights for Meso 1 & 2 when I pyramid down, but I planned to do it within the actual 1RM; as in, I expected to be stronger, therefore my 1RM would increase anyway.

So your plan is to not change your weights during a mesocycle? It's sounds like you are planning to lift heavier than the mesocycles were created for tho? Since Meso 1 ends with 70% of 1RM and Meso 2 ends with 80% of 1RM? I hadn't considered using the end % for the entire mesocycle--as in my new 70% for all of Meso 1 and my new 80% for all of Meso 2.

Hmmm, you've given me more to think about! I had almost made the decision to go on to Gym Styles after this, but this is making me rethink that again.

That makes sense. And I did plan to increase my weights for Meso 1 & 2 when I pyramid down, but I planned to do it within the actual 1RM; as in, I expected to be stronger, therefore my 1RM would increase anyway.

So your plan is to not change your weights during a mesocycle? It's sounds like you are planning to lift heavier than the mesocycles were created for tho? Since Meso 1 ends with 70% of 1RM and Meso 2 ends with 80% of 1RM? I hadn't considered using the end % for the entire mesocycle--as in my new 70% for all of Meso 1 and my new 80% for all of Meso 2.

Hmmm, you've given me more to think about! I had almost made the decision to go on to Gym Styles after this, but this is making me rethink that again.

Hi Jen,

I have thought about the one rep max for both meso, I will decrease the load to 80% (meso 2) and 70% (meso 1). Are you taking a week off. I prefer to carry on with the reverse. I am feeling fine to not take a break.

Good morning ladies! How is everyone doing this week?

Nathalie--our conversations have convinced me to continue the STS pyramid. So I am going to Meso 2 and in reverse just like you are. And, like you, the plan is to do all of Meso 2 at 80%--however, I expect to get stronger and increase my weights anyway by the end of Meso 2. Kind of exciting now that I understand how this pyramid thing works! And I do plan to take a recovery week before I go to Meso 2. I have been pushing myself pretty hard this mesocycle and I need a bit of a break before the next one--since I plan to continue pushing myself hard!

In fact, here is my workouts for this week:
Monday-Disk 31 Chest & Back + Intensity Overload 1 & 2
Tuesday-Breathless Body 2: The Edge
Wednesday-Disk 32 Plyo Legs + Extended Stretch + Intensity Overload 3 & 4
Thursday- Disk 33 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps + Intensity Overload 5 & 6
Friday (today!)-X10/X65
Saturday-Disk 39 Squat Rack Legs + Tabata with Toys 9, 10 & 11
Sunday-Rest

My daughter is coming into town this weekend, so I may not have time to get on here. So here are the weights I used for Week 3 of Mesocycle 3. This is all in pounds, btw.

Disk 31 Chest & Back:
Flat Bench Press 80
Barbell Rows 95
Flat Bench Chest Flys 40
One Arm Row 45
Deadlifts 95
Incline Bench Press 65
Incline Chest Flys 33.5
One Arm Horizontal Rows 35

Disk 33 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps‏
Standing Barbell Front Press 45
Barbell Curl 50
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions 20
Seated Lateral Raise 15
Incline Curls on Stability Ball 22.5
Seated Overhead One Arm Extensions 17.5
Seated Rear Delts 15
Seated Concentration Curls 22.5
Cross Body Kickbacks 17.5

And even tho I don't do it until tomrrow, here are the planned weights for Disk 39 Squat Rack Legs (for this, 40 pounds of the weight listed is my weighted vest)
Squats 125
Deadlifts 100 (no weighted vest for this one)
Front Squats 95
Static Lunge 95

For week 4, I am sticking with most of the weights listed above and will try to push out 8 reps. I think I can with most of them; however, there are a few that I will drop back down to 85% 1RM--primarily flat bench chest flys, incline bicep curls, concentration curls and seated lateral raises. I was really pushing out reps 5 and 6 of those this week--I know I probably would have failed by 7 and certainly by 8, so with those I will drop back down like we're supposed to, but I think with the rest of the exercises I can push out 8 reps at 90% for the final week.

Last edited:
Whoa Jen! Those weights look huge to me. Awesome! and inspiring!!

I cannot believe how fast this week has gone. Much faster than the week of being sick. I started easy last Saturday after feeling completely normal energy-wise.

Sat: Cardio & Weights Premix: Cardio & Compound Weights
Sun: 10 Min Solution: Ultimate Boot Camp, Jessica Smith
Mon: STS M2W2 Disc 16 - Chest, Shoulders, Tri's
Tues: Ruthless Hardcore Abs & Arms + Ruthless Drip
Wed: STS M2W2 Disc 17 - Legs
Thur: Train Like a Contender, Kelly Coffey-Meyer
Fri: STS Disc 18 Back & Bi's

I loved the upper body discs this week. The DOMS from the leg disc was awfully fierce! I had a hard time with that one because of the weight load on my shoulders and hands (my forearms never bother me). I used 30 lb db's with 2 lbs on my wrists. My left hand was the body part going to failure! :p I know I could use a weighted vest (Jen, I like the one you have!) however I hesitate to get one just yet. This may sound funny but next week for squats I'm going to try putting a towel wrapped weight plate, say a 10 or 12.5, in a backpack and use that for my "weight vest" along with 25 lb db's plus 2 lb, maybe just for the last 3 sets of trisets. I can also use it for the plie squats since I need more weight for that, since I only have db's up to 35 lbs+4 lb on wrists. I do want to build up my hand/shoulder strength to be able to hold as much weight as possible. I'm *hoping* to be able to do the squat rack routines of M3 + the M3 plyo discs like you've been doing. I'll see when I get there. Although I have neither a weight vest or a squat rack.

Jen, I'm really liking Kelly Coffey-Meyer too! Her style and personality - two thumbs up! I could end up with a collection of her DVD's too. I'm glad you've decided to stick with the pyramid. Like you told me, it *is* a long rotation and we can get through it to the end together.

And you too, Veronika. You can always jump back into STS anytime or start back in for the Gym Styles month or whatever. In any case, we'd like to hear about your progress. As far as the stomach bug, I hope your family doesn't go through what we have. Since the beginning of January through now someone here has been sick. I'm hoping we're now done with it and can move on to a healthier February.

Oooh, Nathalie, a spinning bike! I'm jealous! Someday I'd like to get one. Hope you're enjoying it. Fitness can be an expensive hobby with all the things that I'd like to get. :p

Stay healthy and strong ladies! :D

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well. Days have gone so fast!It's hard to believe this week is the fourth week of meso 3. It's has been pure fun:eek::p

To Mary: I still have to set my bike. Got it delivered within 24 hours and found out left pedal was missing!:( Came through post this morning.I am planning to do some spinning next week as an active recovery week before Jen and I reverse on meso 2 and 1. I am excited about it.

It seems you're enjoying working out KCM. I will try more of her workout. I like LIFT.:p. How are you finding STS long rotation?:):) I think adding other instructors workout bring variety in your routine. I suppose you need that to stay focus and avoid boredom. You are doing great.

To veronika: As to the weight load, I suggest you give 100 challenge a try to build up more strength. This helped me tremendously. Especially for shoulder. chest has never been my strength and I know I need to work harder the shoulder cause it assist for so many exercise. I wanted to lift heavier for chest fly and now I am so confident to lift heavy safely. That is my suggestion.

To Jen: I am so glad you are in for this reverse cycle:):):D. Not only you're in but you understand the pyramid concept. I would not have wanted you embark on without having this conversation and ending up being on the same page:):):) I'm so glad it's clear now. I think it's going to be intense but fun I am excited about it.
Jen I'm so happy you're pushing hard. We all need to be inspired and surrounded by positive like minded buddies:):D Feel blessed to have you all of us here. I want that 100 deadlift load Jen:). This week I lifted 8 reps for 90% one rep max instead of 85% as designed by Cathe. I hit failure today for few exercises:):) it's the first time ever. I think I selected my load more realistically than during previous cycle.

This week rotation:

• Monday: Disc36 plyo plus Lateral raise 100 challenge + 100 triceps extension.
  • Tuesday:Disc 35 chest and Back this was so fun today. PRS#1 to do later
  • Wednesday: Disc 34 Shoulders, biceps and triceps Plus 100 hip trust
  • Thursday: INTENSITY plus 50 reverse lunge with 10kg plate
  • Friday: Low impact challenge
  • Saturday: squat rack + Great Glutes

Today weight load on Disc 35

• Flat Bench press: 34.5kg/76 pound I'm with this improvement ;-)
  • Barbell Row: 37.4kg/81.4 pound
  • One arm row:17kg/ 37.4 pound
  • Chest fly:13.5kg/ 30pound
  • Deadlift: 40,7kg/ 90kg no vest
  • One arm row horizontal: 15kg/33 pound I think I could have gone heavier on this one.

I feeling better this week than last week and will make the most of it:)
I am off to do PRS#2. Hope to hear from you soon

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.