Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

My new year day is quite good. Well I went out with friends to celebrate. Got too much to drink and now I am recovering lol

This morning w/o was disc 23 back and biceps. Drop set. I intended to do kick boxing from 4ds but my Doms are just too loud. My lower body is in serious doms, in places I never thought! I can feel the doms caused by narrow squat and hydrant while doing Great Glutes. It's all good.

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about your tv. I 'm having trouble with my portable Internet pen stick. It's not working! Have to wait for a new SIM card Saturday hopefully.
Not having Internet is now causing inconvenience.

How long have you had your selech tech for?

I will order cathe calendar Monday. Jen would you mind sharing the fat loss rotation in here. I want my meso 3 rotation to be based on it. Only for the cardio part.

Tomorrow w/o will be Aoli plus 100 lateral raise.

Hope you get you tech fixed as soon as possible.

Have a good day ladies,

My new year day is quite good. Well I went out with friends to celebrate. Got too much to drink and now I am recovering lol

This morning w/o was disc 23 back and biceps. Drop set. I intended to do kick boxing from 4ds but my Doms are just too loud. My lower body is in serious doms, in places I never thought! I can feel the doms caused by narrow squat and hydrant while doing Great Glutes. It's all good.

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about your tv. I 'm having trouble with my portable Internet pen stick. It's not working! Have to wait for a new SIM card Saturday hopefully.
Not having Internet is now causing inconvenience.

How long have you had your selech tech for?

I will order cathe calendar Monday. Jen would you mind sharing the fat loss rotation in here. I want my meso 3 rotation to be based on it. Only for the cardio part.

Tomorrow w/o will be Aoli plus 100 lateral raise.

Hope you get you tech fixed as soon as possible.

Have a good day ladies,

My husband fixed my Select Techs!!! AGAIN! He keeps coming through every time the stupid things jam. This time it took him longer and he doesn't know if he's going to be able to fix them the next time, so I am buying a back up--the dumbbell bars--just like a barbell but smaller: Amazon.com: Sunny Chrome Dumbbell Bar, 14-Inch (Sold As Pair): Sports & Outdoors

So if they crap out for good I can just use my barbell plates for heavy dumbbells. Also, the tv we got off Craigslist is a really nice 50 inch flat screen! It is used, but for a workout room TV it is definitely an upgrade! So what started out bad actually turned out good.

Nathalie, I got the Select Techs in 2008, so I have had them more than 5 years. In the past I have always recommended them to people and I am not sorry I got them, but without having someone as handy as my husband is to fix them when they jammed, they would have "crapped" out on me about a year ago. This is the 3rd time he's fixed them in the past year.

We spent New Years Eve with family, and it actually wasn't too great. I was really tired because I worked all day and everyone else didn't seem to be in a great mood either. And since everyone had drank that Saturday (both of my brothers were in town so we all got together for a game night) no one felt like drinking last night--including me! So we left right after midnight and went to bed.

And yes--as soon as I receive my Cathe calendar I will post the January rotation. I am pretty excited. The one she posted yesterday looks like a great rotation, too!

Tomorrow is Disk 24 Back & Biceps + 10 minutes of HIIT. Friday is TurboFire Fire 60 and then Saturday is one of my Christmas presents: Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped & Chiseled.

Jen, thanks for the confidence booster. I'll plan on doing Meso 2 for 8 weeks and then decide how long to do Meso 3 when I get there. Your weighed vest sounds wonderful (and heavy, lol).

Veronika, your skiing vacations sound like so much fun. It's been so cold here (windchills -25 to -35 at times) that I haven't been xc-skiing.

Nathalie, great job on working the lower body. You're making me feel like doing something DOMS inducing too! :D

This is my recovery week. I did Ultimate Yogi Yin Yoga, and Flexibility (wow, challenging!) and today I did Rhythmic Step (this too was challenging, first time ever). Gosh, I'm feeling ready to pick up some weights and do some HiiT, but I only planned on yoga and learning challenging step routines. Maybe for yoga I'll do Cardio and/or Strength in the next few days. Feeling kind of puffy from the holidays, but hopefully the kitchen will be all "cleaned up" in a few days. ;)

I guess we've all been experiencing technical difficulties. I play my workout DVDs on a desktop computer and the monitor started acting up last week. Yesterday we replaced the 19" regular full screen with a 27" widescreen. Nice and big for my Cathe workouts. :D

Hello ladies,

Hope you're well and looking forward to embracing new challenge s for this new year.

Ladies it's jen's birthday.

Jen hope you're having a great time celebrating with family. Happy birthday to you!

TODAY w/o was athletic training.

Mary let me what work out you did for lower body. Did you make it a double ? ;-)

Well can't stay longer. In cafe with a friend.

Bye for now ladies,

Thanks for the birthday wishes Nathalie!

How is everyone doing? Meso 2 is done! Now I am on to my recovery week. I am doing Rip:60 suspension band training all week. I haven't done that in a while and it seemed like a really good way to do "active" recovery/cross-training. I haven't done it in a long time but I really enjoyed it when I used to do it.

For my birthday I got a bunch of Amazon gift cards which I used to buy workout DVDs (I have a serious problem--I don't have enough time to do the ones I have!) and dumbbell bars to use next time my Select Techs crap out (though they are working fine now). My daughter goes back to college next week (she lives in the dorms) and I plan to start doing doubles again. I'm excited! And now that my birthday is over and past, I have cleaned up my diet and am feeling loads better.

And Mary--isn't it awesome to have such a big screen for workouts? We always get my workout TVs used via Craigslist, but every time I have to replace one it is always an upgrade. I am loving this one! I can see everything! And the sound is so much better.

And yes--that weighted vest is HEAVY! It goes up to 40 pounds, but it came already loaded to 32 pounds. That is heavy enough for me right now--so I just left it there. I only wore it for 1RM testing, but I have a feeling it will really make my workouts much more intense. I am really looking forward to finally doing Squat Rack Legs.

How is everyone else doing? Veronika--are you hanging in there?

Happy Belated Birthday Jen! Hope you had a nice day. Amazon gift cards - nice! - I would've bought DVDs too! I just got Paul Katami's Build and Burn and have a few Kelly Coffey-Meyer on the way (new to me). And yes, a bigger screen is a big plus. Yours is huge. That must be so cool! Jen, what brand/kind is your weighted vest?

Nathalie (you crazy leg lady:D), I didn't do a killer lower body workout afterall, since it was recovery week.

This is what I've been doing:
Thurs: Ultimate Yogi Strength
Fri: Ultimate Yogi Cardio (first 25 min, then I began having a twinge/pain in my elbow/low tricep area) so I also did Cardio Supersets - Step Express
Sat: Ruthless: Total Body Circuit, Wicked Lower Body, and Ruthless Ringside (these are each 20 min workouts)
Sun (today): Body Max - skipped the Upper Body segments because ...

tomorrow I start Meso 2!!! I'm sooo ready!

Waving "hi" to Veronika. Have you started school again yet? We start tomorrow. Our local schools are actually closed for tomorrow because it's so cold. We're expecting a high of neg 15. I'm pretty sure we're setting temp records here in Wisconsin. I don't ever remember anything like it. I've always wanted to visit Alaska. :p;)

The January rotation that was posted looks like a good one for the month of Gym Styles following STS. Enjoy your recovery week!

How are you starting the new year

Hello Ladies,

Veronika, Hope you are well and not discouraged to get back to your workout.

Mary: Weider ruthless. I heard of this workout. It seems tough. You are doing great adding on these segment to your main cathe workout regimen. This does bring variety, cut out any dread and certainly keeps you going! Plus skiing segment:):) It's great

Regarding fighter diet: I have flicked through the digital ebook pages and I have not seen any ratio. I think 50% carbs can be a little bit high. It's all depend on your goal and your body type. If you are skinny and find it hard to put on muscle, weight and aiming to build lean mass I would say you need at least 50% carbs. This would *not* be the case for someone who gain both weight and possibly muscle easily.

Bailey's hmmm I used to love it a lot, I mean not in a moderate way:eek:. My body does show excessive process of sugar in a very visible way :eek::p:p:eek: Which is not good! Ectomorph can get away with that but I can not!lol:p

Slide glide, Yep they work inner thigh effectively and in a fun way. My favourite are segments cathe added in triset meso 2. Lol I call it surgical procedure:rolleyes::rolleyes:. I do not know about you but when I lunge back lower, I feel it all the way through,in the middle of my cheek ;-) You know the one that cathe talks about:D:D. I does feel as a syringe insertion right in the middle of the cheek. It's all good though. I love triset with minimal time rest. I love working anaerobically while lifting. it's my most preferred way of working out;). I forgot how fun these third and fourth week of meso 2 are.

Jen: Glad you had your select fixed. I bet you did not have to ask him as he probably knows how important keeping fit is for you. If anything like that ever happen to me I would be lost. I am not good at fiddling things around at all:p:eek:

Congratulation for your new TV. I will at some point purchase a new tv when I move in another flat/house. I will be looking for a flat screen with a HDMI port to connect to a tablet. I want to get into blending my file and connecting the tablet to big screen instead of having to view from laptop and tablet.

I am on recovery week. I have long steady pace planned to do. May be on metabolic but will take it easy for meso 3 to come.

My last week rotation consisted of:

• Mon: Disc 22 chest , shoulders and triceps+ 100 Hip trust+50 reverse lunges.
  • Disc 23 Legs+ 100 Tri extensions+ Great Glutes. This resulted in serious DOMS.
  • Disc 24 Back&Biceps+100 lateral raise
  • Thur: Athletic training I forgot how fun this one is!
  • FRi:pRS#1+Bonus combo from Pyramid upper and lower body. First time ever it was and I loved it :D:D
  • Sat:Crossfire+100Biceps Reverse curls

As I mentioned above I love triset and I noticed some result on my outer quads:eek::eek: I am getting what I want. Narrow squat executed lower and HEAVY is hitting that area really good.

Jen I am anticipating by listing the pyramid down cycle:

• Week one: Disc 22,23 and 24
  • Week two: Disc 21,20 and 19
  • Week Three: 16,17 and 18
  • Week four:13,14 and 15

This is just a sample for Meso 2. We will be following the same pattern for meso1. I have planned my meso 3 rotation. It's different compared to what I previously did. I just want to try a different cycle. Plus I want to incorporate challenges and 1 glute segment/week.

Also the January rotation listed on the calendar (ordered mine today and I am excited to get it) has been posted by a king cathlete. Phew :p:p it does look tougher than the forum one IMO. I might do it when we get to Gym style cycle instead of the one I planned.

Can not wait to hear from you ladies ;-)

Have a good week ladies;):):)

Last edited:
Hello ladies,
Nathalie you have me pegged. I am very discouraged about getting back into my workout routine. Two weeks off for me and I want to throw in the towel. I will say though, that the Calendar January rotation has me excited so If it means me doing it to get back into working out, I may have to opt for that and then add in my STS.

Most importantly, I have got to eat smaller portions and clean eating and no alcohol until Friday(limiting to one glass of whatever) and no late eating. Sounds like a lot. Doable though if I have this list in front of me at all times.

Wow, you all are doing great and you are all such Go Getters!

I must be so out of it because when I read up on everything out there as far as equipment, I have nothing but the basics-Dumbells and the original Firm barbell. It is 36 inches long and weighs 10 pounds. I do have everything Cathe uses in her workouts minus the STS pull up bar . I am struggling about finishing STS because I have to wait on my hubby to lift my bar and spot me for the heavy weights.

Mary, yes we went back to homeschooling and school today . It is 13 degrees here with the wind blowing and a windchill factor that puts us at 9 degrees. No where close to what you have. That is cold you have there. BBBRRrrrrr!

I am doing Tabatasize today. I have to finish teaching my young one now. We will be done in an hour and then I will workout.

So glad to catch up. I have to go back and read everything y'all posted in the past few days.

Want to post longer but gotta make this one quick.

Glad to see you back Veronika!

Nathalie--I'm really glad you posted the pyramid down rotation. I had actually just started thinking about that and wondering how exactly we pyramid down. You answered my question before I even asked it.

Mary--what do you think of Kelly Coffey-Meyer? I've never looked at her stuff before, then she had a sale last week and I actually started looking at her DVDs and they interested me. I saw mixed reviews on them tho. I ended up getting two through Amazon--Shape up and LIFT. I already have Build & Burn--very challenging and advanced. I love that one--but it kicks my butt! The other DVDs I bought with my birthday Amazon gift cards are Jillian Michaels Yoga Inferno, Toby Massenburg's Chiseled and Ignite, Susan Chung's RapidFire 3 and both of Mindy Mylrea's Intensity Overload DVDs (No Equipment and Tabata with Toys). Now I have to figure out how to fit all of these in to try them out! I have a problem!

Anyway--more later. I am really enjoying doing Rip:60 for my recovery week. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed those workouts.

Yesterday's workout felt soooo good! STS D13 M2 W1 CST I walked around yesterday feeling as if my muscles had a deep massage! Today, DOMS in my shoulders. I was supposed to do 2 Ruthless Workouts this morning but I felt so tired. My 11 yo DD was sick over the weekend, I hope I'm not coming down with something. So I've taken a complete rest day, this would've been my 7th day anyway.

Nathalie, the 3 Weider Ruthless workouts I strung together the other day were supposedly some of the easier ones. They were good workouts but not super intense. The 2 that I didn't do today were "harder" ones, so I don't know exactly what to make of them yet intensity-wise. I think I will enjoy them all and they are a nice change of pace because they are all body weight with no equipment. I love how you've been adding in the 100 Reps! That's something for me to think about in the summer when I have more time. And thanks for your thoughts on the 50% carb ratio. I'm definitely not an ectomorph!

Veronika, I have just the basics for equipment too, no STS tower. I had my daughter help me with the barbell yesterday. Stupid moment: For years, I thought my barbell with no plates weighed 5 lbs (why???). I just weighed it today and it weighs about 14 lbs. Duh! no wonder I couldn't do the chest presses yesterday and, in confusion, had to remove some plates. :eek: Yesterday my husband did bring in a dusty beat-up old non-inclining bench press/rack combo from the garage. Earlier on I was going to buy some equipment, but I've procrastinated so long and have decided to make do with what I have for now, for my very first round of STS. That way I'll have a better idea of what I might need for sure on the next round. I'll probably only be able to do the Plyo Legs for M3, right ladies?

Jen, I have a problem too!! I cannot resist a sale. I bought a body fat scale (good) and a set of kettle bells (bad?) because I have Burn & Firm, even though I haven't even tried it with a dumb bell yet. I had told myself I would never ever need to own a kettle bell. {sigh} :rolleyes: I've never tried Kelly Coffey-Meyer either, but because of her sale I ordered Circuit Burn, Plateau Buster, and (because with a 3rd one you got free shipping) I thought I'd try TLC (Train Like a Contender). IIRC, the first 2 interested me because of the weighted compound moves. Oooh, I definitely would try a Toby DVD; I tried a RapidFire from the library and it didn't click with me; Jillian and Mindy I haven't looked into yet. :eek::D:p I briefly checked out Rip:60. It looked very interesting and different, a very good thing!

I'm really looking forward to my first M2 Legs disc tomorrow. I hope I feel up to it and am not really getting sick.

Oh, and I've been trying out a bunch of recipes from a library copy of Against All Grain by Danielle Walker, a book that Janie recommended earlier. Two thumbs up from my family so far. :D

Hello,hello.
Jen, Very Happy Belated Birthday!!! Do you feel any different? You know, I'll be turning 47 in March and not once since I have been in my 40's have I felt any different. Good Thing?!!

Mary and Jen- when are you going to have the time to do all those DVDs? Whenever I read that you have a new DVD I want to buy it to try something new. BUT I WON'T HAVE THE TIME TO DO IT!

Workouts are going great and I did start the January rotation in the calendar. I have cleaned up my nutrition plan, drinking a gallon and a half of water a day and have lost my first pound. So I am very excited since I only want to lose three pounds this month so I don't lose any muscle. Let's see, did Intensity this morning and will do Disc 15 this evening.

Nathalie and Jen, I am going to start looking for a new Tv also. Any suggestions?

I will get back to you later. Have to finish school.

Hi Ladies,

Jen About the pyramid down cycle: I thought I might anticipate knowing how well organised you are. I do plan but I need to be much more organised. Rip 60 seem really good. I did look at it and I have been interested. I need to explore body weight/TRX training type program. Is Rip 60 good enough to be informative and self explanatory for home users?

Hope both Jen and Mary enjoy your new additions. I have tried Kelly LIFT program and I liked it a lot. I just need to find the time to slot back into my routine and I know I am going to love it. Lift is about Olympic lifting and I enjoy powerful moves. Having tried it twice I now know how to fit it in my routine.
Mary it is funny you mentioned about few ruthless segment not being intense. I think cathe's intensity is infectious and once you have gotten into it, It's hard to switch to slow and possibly ineffective programs (not that I mean ruthless is not effective). I randomly previewed a barre program on totalfitness, can't remember the name, It took me few seconds to make my mind to know it was not for me. I like intense program because I do not want to get bored neither do I want to waste my time;-)

As to ratios 40-40-20 is not harmful IMO. Plyo is really good and I am sure you will gain some result. Mary you can add a weighted vest later on. It is your first STS. It takes time to learn the moves and for the body to acclimate to the pace/intensity. I tell you the spped of meso 2, one minute rest for me does come across as it is needed. I know in the past some cathletes questioned arguing it's too long. IMO if it feels too long it means the intensity is missing, which means the weight selection is inaccurate. That is the reason why I prefer to do my 1RM before starting the program.

Barbell weighting 14 pound lol Mary, it has happened to me too. My first barbell weight 14 pounds too. When I started cathe I was lifting on power hour which is a high rep. I did it for probably more than six months lol. I was not bored at all. I took time to discover Cathe. The first day I started muscle max, I knew I had to add but I completely forgotten to add my BB weight :D. I can recall stopping in the beginning of my bb squat thinking something was wrong cause the load felt way too heavy!

Veronika: Regarding Tv. Do you blend cathe's download. Are looking to blend some. or Do you workout program from youtube? That is the reason everyone want a smart tv. As soon as you have access to internet, you get more options. if You can have a smart, you should still have the option to connect new tv with HDMI port to laptop or tablet. Which I am intending to do. The choice of your tv depend on what you want to use it for. Off course you want a better quality image . LED tv are good. As to the sound I'm personally not demanding. Samsung as a brand is very good.

I am on recovery week. Today w/o was high intensity step from 4DS. Tomorrow I will learn step blast.

Jen I am looking forward to some swelling for meso 3. I already got some bruises on my legs. I am not worried about it.:cool:

Jen what do you think about one leg lunges on paper plate lol:D
They are so effective for glutes it is incredible. My muscles are on fire within seconds/activation. I love that feeling:cool::cool::eek: I am excited to firm my quads even more. My legs feel really strong. I can bear the burn during endurance program for longer than I used to.

Have a good week ladies,

Will be back on checking in later on:)

Veronika, congrats for losing that first pound! And good for you for drinking all that water. That's something I really need to get into the habit of doing. Maybe gradually though, I don't like having to go to the bathroom every half hour. I tried for a few days and then quit. :( Now that I have a scale, I'll be consciously trying to lose pounds, too. Nothing drastic, just slow and steady for me. We could report-in at the end of the month our progress.

Yes, that's a very good question, when am I going to find the time to do all those "extra" DVDs? I wonder if I'm looking for a second "Cathe" to love! I'm hoping she comes out with an announcement for more DVDs soon. Something to look forward to. Not that I "need" more! LOL

Nathalie, yup Cathe is my standard for intensity level! Like you said, I don't want to waste my time. An intermediate workout has its place at times, but not in my *regular* plan as long as I can handle it. BTW, I love those paper plate lunges and squats!!!

Well, I didn't get to do my Leg disc this morning, and I'm not sure about tomorrow either. I did catch some kind of digestive bug and am feeling pretty weak and tired. I'm hoping to workout on Friday, but I want to come back strong and ready, so I don't want to push myself too soon. We'll see.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I have been so busy this week! Still doing my Rip:60 workouts for recovery week and am enjoying them so much I think I will do it all over again for my next recovery week.

Nathalie—as for the quality of Rip:60 I personally love it, but I have to say that with the disclaimer that it is my only contact with suspension band training so I have no idea how it compares to others. It comes with 12 workouts and the suspension band—which is very solid and well made. It is structured as an 8 week program with 4 bonus workouts. The 8 workouts you use for the actual program are progressive, so the early ones are a lot easier than the later ones. After receiving it, I actually did it as an 8 week program and I found/find weeks 1-4 too easy and weeks 5-8 just right for me. This time around I did do two from the early weeks since it is a recovery week and I thought I should take it easy at least a few days in the beginning. Though I did enjoy them, when I use it again as my recovery workouts I will stick with the later workouts and the bonuses. The bonus workouts are great btw—two of them especially.

And yes—those slider lunges are very intense! They wear me out! I am looking forward to Meso 3 too—I am doubling up the legs with both plyo and squat rack legs—plus I finally get to try squat rack legs! I felt so bad about not doing it the last time.

I have two barbells and mine are pretty heavy, too. One is 15 pounds and the other is 20 pounds. But I knew that when I bought them and always remember to incorporate the weight into my total! My new dumbbell bars are 3.5 pounds each. I’ll have to remember that when I am using those.

I have purchased way too many new DVDs and now I have to figure out how to try them all! The cardio/HIITs are easy because I’ll just do them on my cardio days or as doubles workouts. The workouts that use weights are a different story. I suspect some of them—Kelley Coffey’s in particular—are metabolic and could double as cardio. But I don’t *know* that. And the fact that her workouts are only 30 minutes makes them the perfect length for a doubles workout. I'll probably try one of them that way and see if it is MWT.

Thanks for the birthday wishes Veronika! Nope--I don't feel any different. 43 now. Yay for cleaning up the nutrition and dropping the weight! That is always great! I've somewhat cleaned mine up. I lowered my calories, but the content could be better. I am eating lots of veggies but still some procressed crap. I'm going to improve it some more next week. I did order Tom Venuto's new book on nutrition and fitness.

I better go. Looking forward to next week's workouts!

Last edited:
I cannot believe I still have DOMS from Friday's leg workout!!!

Fri: STS Disc 14 M2W1: Legs
Sat: STS Disc 15: Back & Bi's (skipped the deadlifts because of soreness from doing them the day before
Anni's Fierce Force - Circuit 2 Upper Body (24:00)
10 Minute Solution Belly Butt & Thigh Blasters - Trim & Toned Tummy (10:00)
Sun: (today) MMA Boxing + Heavy Bag Bonus (sans heavy bag) - This was perfect for my ham/glute DOMS!

I am very happy with my decision to repeat each STS week. You're right Nathalie, it does take time to get to know STS and I like this pace. Right now I'm wondering if doing Disc 14 Legs the second time is going to kill me again! And I'm loving the 1 minute rests! I'm sure doing STS 4-week mesos the second time around will feel different and "flow" better.

I look forward to hearing about your first week of Meso 3.

Oh My DOMS!

Meso 3 has started and I am hitting it hard! Doubles and all! Here is this weeks rotation:

Monday: Disk 25 Chest & Back + Toby Massenburg's Ignite
Tuesday: Amy Dixon's HIIT it Big! + Jillian Michaels' Yoga Inferno 1
Wednesday: Disk 26 Plyo Legs + Extended Stretch + Kelley Coffey’s Plateau Buster 1
Thursday: Disk 27 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps + 2 Mindy Mylrea's Intensity Overload's No Equipment Required
Friday: Susan Chung's Rapid Fire 3
Saturday: Disk 37 Squat Rack Legs + 3 Mindy Mylrea's Intensity Overload's Tabata w/ Toys
Sunday: REST

I am so SORE! And I am now remembering how deceiving Meso 3 is. When I did Chest & Back on Monday, at times it seemed too easy. But I use 1RM to choose my weights, so I just went with it. Well--holy crap! The next day (and today still!) My back and chest are so sore! Then all of the new workouts I have been doing--HIIT workouts--my butt is so sore! Then yesterday both workouts I did contained core work and now my abs hurt. In fact, I have never been so concious of how much you use your abs for plyometrics until this morning during Plyo Legs when some of the plyo moves pulled on my poor sore ab muscles!

And I'm sure the DOMS is only going to get worse this week! But I am having a lot of fun trying my new workouts!

DOMS - Same Here :)

Hi Ladies,

My rotation for this week is;

• Monday: Disc 25 + 100 Lateral raise 10-25 degree
  • Tuesday: AOLI + Disc 26 plyo serious doms
  • Wednesday: Disc 27 + 100 Hip thrust
  • Thursday: Tabatacise + 100 Reverse Biceps curl + 50 Reverse Lunges with 10kg plate
  • Friday: Cross fire + Yoga Relax
  • Sat: Disc 35 squat Rack + Great Glutes
Mondaychest w/o applying push and pull technique was exhausting. I am still recovering from that session. I am fine though.

I found myself increasing the weight and I feel it was a feasible, safe and accurate challenge. I have gained strength for sure. I will be receiving an order of 2 set of small incremented plate . They will enable me to increment by about a pound for my dumbbells. I can not wait to have them.
I feel I have selected my weight better during this cycle than I previously did. Here is the weight load I lifted today:

• Bench tri extrension:7kg/15.4 pound I wanted to do the decline version but I think I am not ready yet! Plus my bench does not really have a safe decline option. will need to check the instructions.
  • Cross kickbacks 7kg
  • Seated Rear delt 6kg/13.2 pound
  • Standing Barbell frontpress 19.5 kg/43pound
  • Barbell curl 18,5kg/40.7 pound
  • concentration curl seating 9kg/20 pound
  • concentration on stability ball 8kg/18 pound
4 set of each exercise and I was a happy bunny:D:eek:. I can not recall meso 3 being so intense. I enjoyed it ;-) No dread at allllll all. Great pump. My three disc are done for this week.

Jen: you are doing great mapping out this rotation. Hiit with strength is a great smart combination;)

Mary and Veronika: how are doing? Hope you have not been affected by the weather. Veronika I'm not sure what rotation you are on at the moment. Please feel free to share and check in regardless of the the type of workout you are doing. It would be great to hear from you and encourage each other.

Mary:hope you have recovered from the digestive bug. That can get nasty. Please keep us informed how you are doing.

This what I have to share today.
Hope to hear from you soon,

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Hello ladies! Week 2 of Meso 3. Squat Rack Legs last week was tough! The weighted vest really took things up to the next level. It was my first time doing it though so it was a learning experience. There are things I am going to change the next time I do it. This morning was Disk 28 Chest & Back and I am already feeling it!

How is everyone else doing? Is everyone still on track?

Here's this weeks rotation:
Monday: Disk 28 Chest & Back + Tabata w/ Toys 4 & 5
Tuesday: Breathless Body #1 + Yoga Inferno 2
Wednesday: Disk 29 Plyo Legs + Extended Stretch + Plateau Busters #2
Thursday: Disk 30 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps + Plateau Busters Harder Premix #2
Friday: X10/X62
Saturday: Disk 38 Squat Rack Legs + Tabata w/ Toys 6, 7 & 8
Sunday: Rest

Great job for keeping it going ladies! Wow, you are doing really impressive workouts!

Last week was my 2nd week of M2W1:

Mon: STS Disc 13 CST
Tues: rest-not enough sleep
Wed: STS Disc 14 Legs
Thurs: Kelly Coffey-Meyer Circuit Burn, both workouts, nice variety
Fri: STS Disc 15 BB
Sat: rest-DD's chess tournament
Sun: felt totally beat up, did Ultimate Yogi Gentle Yoga, this relieved all hip/leg aches, Amazing!
Mon: sick
Tues: sick

If you remember, 2 weeks ago I was sick and that was my first week back after recovery. Last week DH was sick and I slept on the sofa (not ideal for me). :( Well, now I'm sick again! and it's the same thing, some sort of stomach flu. By Saturday evening everything ached and through today I'm still sooo tired. Workout-wise this month has been so disappointing and the low energy levels are frustrating. I was going to say that I feel like I haven't gotten any good cardio in, but I guess I've done about 2 per week. It just doesn't feel like it. As of today I'm only 1 day behind with STS. I may be wrong, but I feel STS takes priority over cardio/metabolic workouts.

I think tomorrow is another rest day for me. {sigh} Oh, yes, we have been plunged into another deep freeze again (Polar Vortex, part 2?).

Nathalie, you are strong!! I love those weight loads. You and Jen both inspire me to get stronger. I'm curious about your 1-lb dumb bell increment thingys. :p What are they called? {so I can look them up}. Jumping from 17 (15+2) lbs to 20 lbs dumb bells is going to be tricky! As I look ahead in the STS program I'm finding Cathe is a genius! It's so cleverly done! But I suppose you all know that already. :D

Jen, all your sore parts last week had me giggling. :D It's great to see you doing all those different workouts. What a nice variety! What kind of weighted vest do you have?

Veronika, hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.