Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Hello all! I'm still going strong and in week two now. This morning was Disk #4 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. Since it's Veteran's Day I have the day off, so I tacked on Butt Lift. Tomorrow is HIIT 30/30 + Ab Circuits Pilates Abs, then my planned doubles is All Out Low Impact HIIT.

I'm still going strong on cleaning up my diet, too. My weight is creeping back down, which is what I want. I've put on 8 pounds over the past 2 years from eating too much sugar and refined carbs and 6 of them are gone now. I'm almost back to the weight I am comfortable at, then I'm going for another 5 pounds after that.

bzbnmom--you should probably just do what you are most comfortable with. I am a bit OCD, so I am all about the numbers. It was driving me crazy that I was counting my calories and staying where it is "recommended" and my weight was still creeping. It really is all about cleaning up the diet. Back when I had no problem maintaining I would have 1-2 cheat meals a month. Well, over the past year that figure rose to 1-2 a week! Plus some sugar treat every single day and tons of refined carbs. And I paid the price. I feel so much better since I cleaned it up. Since both my husband and I are off today, we went out to eat and I had my first "cheat" meal since cleaning up my diet. Which, for me now, is a meal with more crap carbs and sugar than I am eating otherwise (pasta, bread, maybe even dessert). My goal is to return to the way I used to handle it--1-2 cheat meals a month and no sugar unless it is part of a cheat meal. I used to eat this way naturally, but my husband is a foody. I even resisted his food pushing for a long time, but somewhere along the way (I don't even remember when) I just gave in and started eating whatever he pushed at me. It was downhill from there! And he is not happy about the way I've cleaned up my diet, but oh well. I feel a lot better since I did it.

Oh and I weigh myself every day. Again, it's an OCD thing. I've been getting on the scale every single morning for more than a decade. It's just a habit. Just like I write down everything I eat and have been doing that for 5+ years. You should do whatever you're comfortable with. It makes me uncomfortable not to do it. Out of control, if that makes sense. This gives me a feeling of control. I suspect that if I hadn't been writing it down and weighing myself I would have gained a lot more than 8 pounds over the past 2 years!

Nathalie--how are you doing?

Last edited:
Jen,

I am doing well thanks;). Just tired while writting this ( Ten past ten pm ;)but at least everything I planned to day is done. I can not wait to complete my course in about three weeks so I can fully focus on STS. I need to come up with a tweak in my nutrition. Not sure what I will have to adjust at this stage though. I will have to keep it very clean to get more result. So far my 60% one rep max for Meso 1 felt light. This is due to 8 weeks of upper body strength optional rotation. I have gained strength and more definition. My arm are leaner really look muscular. I no longer know what other definition I could possibly get from more adaptation/change in upcoming rotation. No complain though lol;)
hmm may be a more sculpted pair of shoulders.

It is all good. A course collegue referred to my legs as cast iron thigh:eek::eek:. I presume I am in a good path. I tell you that Cathe Rock Bottom rotation has left an imprint on me:D;).Overall my body is still responding to challenges and changes in rotations and routines. That being said, i do feel, I am llittle bit stronger some days than others. Not sure why. It could be nutrition. I need to make sure I am not cutting out complex carb completely.

Jen Very well done cleaning up the diet. I am happy you got there in the end:):). One more push and You will hit your goal. 8 pound is not so damaging. I know though it's easier said than done:):):)

Will check in later this week,
Heading off to bed to start my early morning workout;)

Have a good week Jen,

Janiejoey: You bread look really good. would you mind sharing the ingredient list with us. Iam into experimenting in the kitchen :):). I do eat low Gi and found myself cutting out complex carbohydrate completely in the past. I know it was wrong:mad::mad:. I am re-introducing by having a reasonable portion of wholecarb. My weight is steady at the moment.

Grain-free Sandwich Bread (Paleo and SCD)

IMG_4494-4.jpg
Print

Author: Danielle Walker – Against All Grain
Recipe type: Breads and Baked Goods
Serves: makes 1 8.5×4.5 loaf

Ingredients

• 1 cup smooth raw cashew butter at room temperature (I use Artisana Organic)
  • 4 large eggs, separated (mine weighed about 9 ounces in their shells)
  • ½ to 2 tablespoons honey (use 2tbl if you plan to use if for sweeter dishes like french toast)
  • 2.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
  • ¼ cup almond milk
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt

Instructions

1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. For a white colored loaf as in the photo, place a small dish of water on the bottom rack.
  2. Line the bottom of an 8.5×4.5 glass loaf pan with parchment paper, then spread a very thin coating of coconut oil on the sides of the pan.
  3. Beat the cashew butter with the egg yolks, then add the honey, vinegar, and milk. I’ve done this with both electric hand beaters and a stand mixer and both seem to work equally as well. I would not try to make this by hand due to the stickiness of the butter.
  4. Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until peaks form. I used an electric hand mixer, but if you want a bicep workout, you can also do it by hand.
  5. Combine the dry ingredients in another small bowl. Sorry for all of the dishes!
  6. Make sure your oven is completely preheated before adding the egg whites and the dry ingredients to the cashew butter mixture. You don’t want your whites to fall, and the baking soda will activate once it hits the eggs and vinegar.
  7. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and beat until combined. This will result in more of a wet batter than a dough. Make sure to get all of the sticky butter mixture off of the bottom of the bowl so you don’t end up with clumps.
  8. Pour the beaten egg whites into the cashew butter mixture, beating again until just combined. You don’t have to be gentle with this, but don’t over mix.
  9. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, then immediately put it into the oven.
  10. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Don’t be tempted to open the oven door anytime before 40 minutes, as this will allow the steam to escape and you will not get a properly risen loaf.
  11. Remove from the oven, then let cool for 15-20 minutes. Use a knife to free the sides from the loaf pan, then flip it upside down and release the loaf onto a cooling rack. Cool right-side up for an hour before serving.
  12. Wrap the loaf up tightly and store in the fridge for 1 week. I actually think the loaf gets better as the days go on.
Enjoy,

Janie

That looks delicious.

Got disc 4 done and knockout workout today. Still working on the diet. Tomorrow is 30/30.
Veronika

;)
Jen,

I am doing well thanks;). Just tired while writting this ( Ten past ten pm ;)but at least everything I planned to day is done. I can not wait to complete my course in about three weeks so I can fully focus on STS. I need to come up with a tweak in my nutrition. Not sure what I will have to adjust at this stage though. I will have to keep it very clean to get more result. So far my 60% one rep max for Meso 1 felt light. This is due to 8 weeks of upper body strength optional rotation. I have gained strength and more definition. My arm are leaner really look muscular. I no longer know what other definition I could possibly get from more adaptation/change in upcoming rotation. No complain though lol;)
hmm may be a more sculpted pair of shoulders.

It is all good. A course collegue referred to my legs as cast iron thigh:eek::eek:. I presume I am in a good path. I tell you that Cathe Rock Bottom rotation has left an imprint on me:D;).Overall my body is still responding to challenges and changes in rotations and routines. That being said, i do feel, I am llittle bit stronger some days than others. Not sure why. It could be nutrition. I need to make sure I am not cutting out complex carb completely.

Jen Very well done cleaning up the diet. I am happy you got there in the end:):). One more push and You will hit your goal. 8 pound is not so damaging. I know though it's easier said than done:):):)

Will check in later this week,
Heading off to bed to start my early morning workout;)

Have a good week Jen,

What course are you taking? That's great that it felt lighter than you expected. I feel that way with a lot of the exercises in Meso #1--I'm definitely coming to it stronger this time around, but I'm sure that's because I just finished the 5.5 month STS rotation less than 2 months ago. So it did its job and made me stronger. It is still challenging me tho. Yesterday was Disk 4 that started with all of those drop set push ups. I was on my toes for all of them, but WOW--wiped me out! And so many push ups in the whole workout! I was close to dropping to my knees by the end, but I held strong. And yes--Rock Bottoms was so tough and effective--I bet your legs are cast iron! Thanks to Rock Bottoms I am trying to incorporate more lower body work into my weekly rotation. It really inspired me to spend more time rocking my bottom! ;)

When I first cleaned up my diet I had a big energy problem at first. But that's because I always overdo things, at least in the beginning. My goal was to cut out the refined carbs, sugar, potatoes and corn, and stay away from most wheat products, but not to cut out all grains. I love oatmeal so I was going to keep eating oatmeal and small quantities of brown rice, barley, quinoa--that kind of thing. Small amounts of fruit. But the bulk of my diet would be vegetables, lean meats and eggs, and nuts. I of course went too far initially and cut out all grains and fruit. And I started hitting a wall during my workouts. That was unacceptable, so I returned to my original plan of eating some grains and fruit and that did the trick! I get through my workouts with plenty of energy and am still dropping the pounds.

;)

And yes--Rock Bottoms was so tough and effective--I bet your legs are cast iron! Thanks to Rock Bottoms I am trying to incorporate more lower body work into my weekly rotation. It really inspired me to spend more time rocking my bottom! ;)

When I first cleaned up my diet I had a big energy problem at first. But that's because I always overdo things, at least in the beginning. My goal was to cut out the refined carbs, sugar, potatoes and corn, and stay away from most wheat products, but not to cut out all grains. I love oatmeal so I was going to keep eating oatmeal and small quantities of brown rice, barley, quinoa--that kind of thing. Small amounts of fruit. But the bulk of my diet would be vegetables, lean meats and eggs, and nuts. I of course went too far initially and cut out all grains and fruit. And I started hitting a wall during my workouts. That was unacceptable, so I returned to my original plan of eating some grains and fruit and that did the trick! I get through my workouts with plenty of energy and am still dropping the pounds.

To Jen,

I am taking an ETM course. It stand for Exercise to music. I will gaining a certification to instruct to music. I am planning fitness class. Not 100% sure of the content but I am inclined to do intervals. Fitness interval.

As to STS, you feel it light cause you have gained strength for sure. Not just from having done STS recently but from also doing X-train. I am so glad I have both systems as they are worth having for building and maintaining muscle mass.

I agree with you for Diet/ Nutrition. I hope you manage to convince hubby into making similar food choice as yours. Of course his plate portion have to be bigger than yours:D:D:D.If you manage to get him join your food selection plan, eating out pressure will ease off;)

oh disc 4, I have got it pulled out and will be doing it in few hours;);). I did CLB premix11 this morning. I always ensure I have two tops while doing this one. Again I was soaked:eek::eek::eek: When I got to step up, I heard cathe said you can add a riser if you want to. I did it lifting about 25 pound. I felt a nice warmth on my outer thigh muscle during each step. Loved it. I am going to have hide this disc to avoid overdoing it lol. Love it too much. Oh well, it at least it give me a break from squat Rack. You know me when it comes to legs;). These two workout are favourite to play when I want to hit my legs hard.

Very well done in keeping strong while doing push up:):)
This is the same attitude I will have while doing disc 4 in few hours ;-)

Have a good day jen,
I will report soon ;-)

Last edited:
Hello! How is everyone? Janiejoey, bzbnmom, burning2, fossey--are you still doing STS? How is it going? I'm finished with week 2--Legs + Stability Ball Abs was yesterday. This morning I did Afterburn.

Nathalie--are you a trainer? At a gym? Where do you teach? People always ask me why I don't do something like that since I love to workout. I have thought about it! I LOVE CLB too. One of my favorites. That and Disk 26 of Plyo Legs. That one is my favorite. I am a sucker for high stepping and that is the only Plyo Legs that has you do Leg Presses. Plus, for some reason Disk 26 just seems more fun than the others.

Well, tomorrow is Atletica 3 + X10 Step!

Hi Everyone,

How are you doing? Today's workout was Disc 5 STS. I will report details of my second week later on.

To Jen,

Yes. As of July this year I am a qualified Gym fitness instructor. I have not started instructing clients in Gym yet. I have instructed friends on their demand though:D:D. There are few requirements I need to meet before instructing in gyms. First aid certificate and registration to fitness professional board. I am also studying with exam coming in three weeks for music instruction. I will end up being a personal trainer. Like you I do get asked about instructions and about where I run classes:):):)
Today I did get asked when I went to buy my favourite magasine Fitness Rx.

I love fitness and healthy nutrition. I also love helping people who want to make a lifetime change becoming healthy and active.

if you enjoy teaching ( I did and miss it:(:() then you should at least consider doing it on part time basis and take it from there. I will be instructing on part time basis for a start. I love what I do to earn a living and not really keen in changing career. Fitness does ease off the pressure I get from my job and juggling between them is the best combination to keep me happy and busy.

Disc 26 is the first ever strength plyo cathe's video and I did sense more excitement from cathe and the crew (at least ladies) the first time I did it. The fun is the reflect of that infectious excitement IMO. Jen I love plyo very much and I remember the first time I played it I instantly felt in love with it. We just love similar stuff.:):):)

Tomorrow is Disk6 and high step training :D:D:D I know I am going to burn cause it's a compound.

I will report tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,
Very sorry to not be reporting in. Shame on me. I guess since I did not work out this week, I felt I had no reason to chime in. I have had a hard time being motivated since I stay up late and can't get up early to work out then. But I hope to change that this week.
Jen, what exactly are doubles and how are you picking them? And how exactly do you fit it into STS?
Veroniika

Hello Ladies,
Very sorry to not be reporting in. Shame on me. I guess since I did not work out this week, I felt I had no reason to chime in. I have had a hard time being motivated since I stay up late and can't get up early to work out then. But I hope to change that this week.
Jen, what exactly are doubles and how are you picking them? And how exactly do you fit it into STS?
Veroniika

I'm sorry to hear things are going well? Is it work? I know when I work overtime it always runs me ragged trying ti fit in workouts--and doubles never happen when I am working overtime. "Doubles" is a term I picked up when doing P90X--all it means is two workouts a day. I only have an hour before work to workout so I do my STS workout in the morning then in the afternoon after I get home from work I do a second workout--cardio, core work or a lower body workout.

Nathalie--that is so cool that you will be a trainer. If I ever did it, it would be part time, too. I like my job as well--and it pays better than being a trainer ever would! But fitness and nutrition are my passion, too.

This morning was supposed to be my rest day, but I am trying out Cathe's older step workouts and don't want to waste a good workout day with a workout that I don't like. So I am using my rest days to try them out. This morning was Step Jam and I loved it! Tomorrow starts week 3 of STS--Disk 7 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps and my doubles is 4DS Kickboxing (cardio only).

I have not been making the time to workout and then work, homeschool, and laziness creep in there also,Jen. I decided that I have to get up EARLY and go to bed real EARLY just like today. Woke up at 5, and got TO THE MAX done by 6:30. Just great. But am I tired now.So, I guess I might be back. I actually got my hubby to be an accountability partner(who better) and a friend from work also.It will all be good.
My nutrition in take leaves mucho to be desired. Because I let myself go off my regimented clean eating plan, I have gained at least close if not over twenty pounds since April.So it makes me feel depressed and not wanting to workout since I look at myself and get angry for allowing myself to do this. Then in turn, that makes me not want to workout because it really is harder to workout with this extra weight when working out to Cathe. Yet, if I stick to plan A,(getting it done in the early morning) then I tend to eat better and make wiser food choices. Funny how that all works together.
I am still planning on finishing this rotation and the results. But, I must admit, every time I see a new rotation that is what I want to do.
Okay, now I understand Doubles. I like that since I always want to do All of Cathe's workouts in a week. Not really, but that is how I feel once in a while.
VERONIKA

Hi ladies,
I'm still going strong! Time flies though - I'll try to check-in more often.

Janie, thank you for the cookbook recommendations. I just picked up one of them at the library this evening to look over. Your bread recipe is one I'll have to try. Looks good. How have you been doing?

OK this is what I did for Week 2 last week...

Mon - rest day, because I couldn't sleep the night before :confused:
Tues - STS Disc 1 again
Wed - Greatest Hits Step + 100 Rep Hip Thrusts
Thurs - STS Disc 2
Fri - STS Disc 3
Sat - Cardio Core Circuit + Great Glutes: Floorwork segment only
Sun - Afterburn

This morning I did STS Disc 4 - my gosh the equipment mess makes my workout space seem small ! :p:D

I feel like STS completely works my upper body to the max in a good way. However my shoulders feel more fatigued than anything else, and that and my neck have been feeling tight all week. I'm almost considering an STS/yoga week sometime in the future. On the other hand, I feel I need to incorporate more leg work than the STS Leg day. So ... I don't know. It seems like I spend an awful lot of time trying to figure out what DVDs to use with STS (plus plugging in my weight #'s in the 1RM calculator as I progress through the DVDs). I want to work my glutes extra, and have enough total body metabolic and cardio HiiT, and then I'd like an easier fun one to do in the week. I've been *aiming* (but not necessarily achieving) to go for 8 days and then a rest day. I'm interested in hearing how you're all planning your cardio days. Jen and Nathalie, I know you amazing ladies are doing doubles, which leaves more room for personal goals, but I'd like to know what your emphases for your workout week are too.

Nathalie, I think you will make a wonderful fitness instructor! You are a great motivator who is highly motivated and dedicated.

Jen, you are sooo lucky your husband cooks. I would be in huge trouble if that were my case, though. Like Nathalie said, you gotta get him to do it your way. ;)

Veronica, I homeschool too! I have a 5th, 9th, and 11th grader (plus two in their 20's). We also provide child care for a 3-year old and his 1-year old brother, and they are expecting another baby boy in February! Wow, 5am is so early to me and yes! getting to bed early is key for me too. I'm making myself do it because this time of year is when I really slack off and quit exercising for months. I've gained 1-2 sizes over the last year, and next summer I want to be in my smaller capris again. We eat healthy, but it's not enough for me, I need to cut out more and focus on that. We can do this Veronica! Like Cathe says "We're all in this together!"

OK this is long, I'll be back tomorrow. Still need to decide which workout I'm doing tomorrow ...

Mary

Last edited:
... and I chose to do

Lean Legs & Abs: Warm Up
Tonique 2: Disc 2
Lean Legs & Abs: Core and Stretch

Today we don't babysit so I'm going to peruse The Paleo Diet Cookbook for some inspiration! With the holidays coming I know I need to try real hard with the diet - even if it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back. :p;)

Have a great workout and wonderful day everyone! :D

ETA: Glenda, are you still working out with us? Hope to hear from you.

Last edited:
Did Meso disc 4 chest, shoulders and biceps.

Mary, Good for you! Lean Legs & Abs warms up, the Core and Stretch and the Tonique 2, Disc 2. And also for getting inspired by the Paleo diet cookbooks.
I'm glad you found the Paleo cookbooks in the library. Enjoy. Sometimes (I'm finding out) the texture of bread type recipes are more like a cake. But, the flavors are very good.

To All, Looks like you all are doing such a great job on the STS Series. When I set up my equipment, too, It looks like a mess, but it all seems to work out in the end. LOL

I just ordered the Ultimate Yoga Series and Short & Sweet by Travis Eliot. I've only heard fantastic reviews and even asked our Cathe followers for their advice. Everyone who responded gave a wonderful review.

Wanted in addition of cardio, to do something different and keep up with muscles during the week. It might be too much, or I might even have to do it once or twice a week. Will let you know.

Janie

Hello Ladies! Yesterday was Disk 7 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps and it seemed harder than ever! My shoulders and biceps were burning for most of the day afterward! But funny--no DOMS today. My doubles was 4DS Kickbox (cardio only) and I actually had a little soreness in my obliques from that this morning.

This morning was HIIT Pyramid + No Equipment Abs + Extended Stretch. Doubles today is Total Body Trisets Lower.

bzbnmom--I always have that problem when I lift heavy--tight neck. I know it is something I am doing when lifting and I try to focus on relaxing my neck but it seems to happen anyway.

When I plan my workout schedule it is different, depending on what my goals are at the time. Right now, doing STS pyramid style, my goal is fat loss and muscle "cutting"; so in addition to the STS workouts, I am trying to do an Ab Circuits 2x a week, HIIT level workout at least once a week (usually 2-3x), MWT 3x a week, a short cardio (usually kickboxing) once a week, a second lower body workout (in addition to STS Legs), and a total body strength workout. In addition I try to add stretching/yoga any time I can. A lot of these are combined. For example, one of my MWT workouts each week is also my total body strength workout and cardio--I do it on Saturdays. I like to do some form of cardio almost every day and MWT also doubles as cardio, even when it doesn’t triple as strength. I only count the one I do on Saturdays as strength/MWT/cardio; this month I am doing Atletica workouts to fill that slot. And just today 4 slots were filled--I did a HIIT workout, an Ab Circuits, Extended Stretch and after work I will do a lower body workout. So tho it seems like a lot, so many of them are combined that it isn’t as much as it seems.

Oh--and for a period of 8 weeks I am using my rest day to do one of Cathe's hour long step workouts. So no rest day! But I have a reason for that. I have Her Classics Vol 1, Cardio Hits and I still haven't done Rhythmic Step. I have shied away from these because I am afraid of her complex choreography--I hate wasting a good workout day not getting a good workout, which is what happens when I do her crazy complex step workouts--I spend most of the time behind my step staring at the tv in bewilderment. So I started using my rest day to try them out. After I finish, I'll go back to taking Sunday as my rest day again--and I'll know which of her step workouts to work into my rotations. Party Rockin’ Step 1 was the first one I did this with and it is going on the shelf to collect dust. Step Jam is a winner and Step Heat is too boring and easy. Step Max is this Sunday. So out of the 3 I’ve tried so far, I’ve only found 1 I will do again. (BTW—I knew I’d love Party Rockin’ Step 2—and I did, so I tried that one out on a regular workout day.)

But I know from experience that I can do all of the workouts I want but if I don't do the work in the kitchen I will never see the results I am looking for. I did the 5.5 month STS rotation this year and even tho I increased my strength and my arms got noticeably larger and more defined--the rest of my body showed nothing. It was covered with fat. So a five weeks ago I finally made the commitment I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to do for more than a year--clean my diet up for real. And I have been successful (finally!). I've dropped 7 pounds on the scale, but it is much more noticeable (to me) than 7 pounds ever was previously when I only cut calories but didn't change the quality of what I ate. I mentioned in another post that I still count calories, but I am also counting carbs now, too. My goal is to stay under 150 carbs a day and for those carbs to never be sugar, highly processed food or refined flour-type products. No potatoes or corn products, and very little wheat products. I eat grains (like barley, quinoa, etc), oatmeal, beans, veggies and fruit. And of course, nuts, dairy and protein. And I am eating MORE calories than I was before. Every week .5 to 1 pound creeps off. But I feel it. My clothes are looser and my body feels tighter. I haven't felt like this in years. I used to eat this way naturally before I met my husband. You'd think my healthy ways would rub off on him, but it went the other way--his horrible eating rubbed off on me and the scale started creeping up. I was 8 pounds heavier than I was just 2 years ago and more than 10 pounds heavier than when he met me! But I am fixing it now! I have several goals. My first was to lose the 8 pounds and I am almost there. My next is to lose a total of 15—so I am nearly half way to goal 2. My 3rd goal will be to maintain! To not let the carb creep and subsequent fat creep happen again!

Burning2--getting up early, for me, is the key. I used to exercise sporadically a long time ago, but then I discovered The Firm 10+ years ago and I started working out every day and never stopped. I get up at 4:30am and get it out of the way first thing. It's never something I have to fit into a schedule--it is done first thing. Even if I don't do doubles (and I don't always do them), I always do my morning workout. That's because I created a habit and the day just feels wrong if I miss a workout. Everyone's situation is different. When I started doing it daily I did not have small kids. Both of mine were school-age. I was not home schooling either. However, I was working full time, I was a single mom, I was going to college full time and I was a published writer under contract (and deadlines). Oh, and I also taught writing. And I still worked out every day. So it can be done on a full schedule. However, I didn't do doubles, btw--I just did my morning workouts. The doubles are something I started doing in the past few years. I have MUCH less going on now, btw. My youngest just started college this year and lives in the dorms--so empty nest. I finished my degree years ago, I no longer write or teach. And yet I still feel like I have too much going on? :confused: How is that possible? But I can find time for doubles now.

Anyway--I've gone on too long. I am on my lunch break and it is over now!

Tomorrow is Disk 8 Back & Triceps and Doubles is X10 Step!

Let's keep up the good work ladies!

Last edited:
Mary, I think you and I are working out the same way. I also am putting in another leg workout in. Just saw thread where Natalie posted to do some heavy weight exercises for the glutes if we want to build that part up. So, I may only add a heavy leg workout rather than Cathe's DVD. I am on an eight day rotation. I am using this rotation to get back In to working out consistently. I took several months where it was hit or miss. Mostly hit. can't say I took time off from working out since trained for a marathon. Got to 18miles and then stopped due to things beyond my control but ran in a half marathon soon after. But a runners body is not what I am going for.

I homeschool our 3rd, 6th, and 9th grader (who is a special needs child) and have our only daughter at a Christian Classical School in 10th grade.

This Thread has helped me because of the accountability. Getting up in the AM is still hard but I have been doing it.
Mon.- TO THE MAX
TUES.- LEGS STS dsc 6
WED.- AFterburn

I could hardly hit the floor today after my leg workout.My timing was all off. So funny.

Janie- I want to try the yoga series you are doing but really want to hear what you think about the whole series after you have done it. I can't see myself right now following the whole program with doing this rotation. But I have done Cathe's on weekends. I know it does not compare to your yoga series.

StayingSTrong and thanks for being here.

VERONIKA

Oy, I feel beat today! I have DOMS in the glutes from yesterday's Tonique. There was some burn but not as often as in a hard Cathe workout so I'm kinda surprised! I didn't like all the segments, especially the upper/lower one; upper portion is so weak (she uses 1 or 2 lb dbs) so I mostly did upper stretches during that. I can see using the DOMS-inducing Tonique segments with a Cathe HiiT or barre/chair segment for a more inclusive workout.

Today was Disc 5: Back and Triceps, good and solid. I love these Back and Tri's discs!

Janie, I have UY too, but I haven't tried it yet. (I bought a lot of DVDs this spring/summer. :eek:) I think I'm going to love those.:D I got the Foundations DVD and have done the 3 workouts on that one. I enjoyed them. My excuse for buying the set ;):D was that I *was* going to do STS/Body Building rotation and follow it with UY for a change of pace. Hmmm lol, I have a rest day tomorrow maybe I want to do one of those instead. :p They look so good, don't they? Sometime you'll have to tell us how you like Short and Sweet!

Jen, I can see how you are combining your weekly workout goals. I'm trying to do the same and with similar workout types, but there aren't enough days to get it in because I'm not doing doubles. :p So putting it all together is challenging for me (in a fun way), and for the first time I'm taking a good look at Cathe's premixes and individual segments.

I can see myself doing easier/fun workouts on my rest days, too, as long as I'm not exhausted. Just for fun and movement. I haven't done my Rhythmic Step either or the last one on Cardio Hits. I *won't* buy The Classics until I use the other 2 enough first. I have a couple of Amy Bento ASCs that I've been wanting to try in segments. I'd be doing Body Fit 360 and UY on those days too. As if that isn't enough, I'm so sooo intrigued with Christie Taylor's Pure Cinnamon Spice I keep looking at the clip. Though I love complicated step, I think it would take about 100 times for me to "get" that one. Seriously guys, I usually do Cathe 99% of the time, but with STS I feel like exploring my other neglected stuff here and there.

Congratulations on successfully working toward your weight goals, Jen!!! I keep thinking I should get a weight scale that measures body fat, so I can set number goals instead of clothes fit goals which seems so vague.

Have a lovely day!

Jen-Isn't it funny that I know everything you are saying. Now for me to put it into practice. Thanks for the encouragement and I have been doing it. Getting up Early is still not easy though.

I worked out to the Firm when it first came out in 1988.Had the original first six VHS tapes. Worked out to them twice a day sometimes. Loved them. I read somewhere that the producer of the original series, Anna Benson passed away this year from stomach cancer. She changed aerobics for sure by bringing in the weights.

What you said about diet is so true. I trained for a bikini/ figure competition last year and only had to workout 3 times a week with absolutely no cardio for the first seven months. My body changed drastically from the diet even after going from working out 7 days a week to only three. I could not wrap my brain around it but I trusted my trainer on this one and I could not have been more perplexed over the workouts. My trainer told me I was overtraining for my goal and not eating enough Calories and the right foods. Once I followed the nutrition plan to a Tee and I mean spot on, everything changed for me. The reason I am in this predicament now with my weight is because it was only a short term goal and not a life changing one. So back to doing what is good for my body for the long term.

Veronika

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.