Body Max

N

noc529

Hey,
How many of you think Body Max is pretty easy and fun to do?? I think it's one of the best tapes I have ever done.

I love it, too. I think it's one of the more underrated videos around here :) It can even be split into three short workouts if you must... I feel fantastic after getting through such a long workout, and I don't feel like anything was missed.

Hey just did the upper body weights last night, it wiped my butt out too }( .

This was the first time I'd done that portion alone.

I agree it's a h*ll of a video, can be 3 workouts or a short upper body weight workout and the ab section is excellent

I especially love Body Max after I've missed a couple of my "normal" workout days. I feel like it helps me get caught up and back on track since it has a little bit of everything. It is one of my all time favorites!

I also love Bodymax. I did it Monday. It's extra tough but fun. I know I'm working at 85% of my max. hr when I do that one. lol:7

BodyMax is the first workout I ordered from Cathe.com....I will always be in awe of it. Everytime I go back to BodyMax, my body responds quickly to changes (and definitely feels it (sore)). BodyMax improved muscle tone and cardio for me and is definitely a classic. As with all Cathe's workouts, boredom never sets in. All her workouts are full of variety and fun....AND definitely stimulate fat loss and muscle growth.

Body Max is one of my favorites. Love it, Love it. I split the upper body & abs to another day but my goal is to do it all in one work out. I see a lot of you do that so this thread inpires me even more to seek my goal.

Joanne

I don't understand why people don't talk about Body Max. They talk about other tapes a lot more. I just tried Cardio Kicks today. Judas Priest, this tape is WHOA! I don't think this will be my favorite. I like Billy Blanks for kickboxing more than Cathe for kickboxing. Cathe is the queen of the step and I prefer her step to others.

I just go this one last week.

So far I have just done each part separately. I started with the first step portion. The next workout I warmed up and did the middle as a leg workout. The next day I warmed up and did the third portion as a weight workout. I think I am going to use this tape this way - this gives me 3 Cathe workouts for time crunched days!

I don't think I could live through the tape if I did it all the way - anyway - I was thinking of reversing the order - trying the weights first when I had the most energy and then doing the two cardios - anyone ever tried it this way?

IMHO Body Max is Cathe's hardest single workout done in entirety. It has everything. It does have a good fun factor. I don't do it too often because I like to do the whole thing and well, I have to feel really strong to attempt it! Cathe had it in her April rotation and as the first workout on her May rotation and I DID survive! (I psyched myself up for it both times!) -joy

BodyMax is my all time favorite Cathe video. It is everything all of you said. I was so hoping that she would do BodyMax 2 this summer, but oh well.... BodyMax has everything. I like to call it my Saturday morning workout. That is the only day I have unlimited time to workout without feeling rushed.

I just got body max a few days ago just for the upper body workout. The cardio section looked like alot of fun and I am sure I will get to that one of these days. But it was great to do an upper body workout in a short amount of time!

Beth

1 more thought on Body Max. Today I wanted to do a cardio workout plus a leg workout since I haven't worked on my legs in awhile so the middle portion of the circuit workout looked like the perfect thing and it was!! I am loving this tape!!

I used the middle of Bodymax as a cardio and leg workout too!

I recently did the first and second section together. I was really wiped - One weekend wben I have lots of energy, I am going to try this - reverse the tape - warm up, do the weight workout and then see if I can do the first and second sections together. That way maybe I won't be so drained of energy. I always to my weight work first -

I am really enjoying this workout - three short workouts or one long grueling one.

I just did the step portion of Body Max and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I just think it is fun. The steps are simple but fast and intense!:p
Angela

I just did this for the first time today, and love it! I've been wanting it for months, but have been too intimidated by Cathe's reputation to get it untill recently. I ordered the DVD with it, PH, and MIS, and picked Body Max today as my first ever Cathe workout. I didn't get a lot of the step - but I kept moving, and tried, and even though half the time I ended up on the wrong leg, or backwards or something, I felt like I accomplished something. I loved the weight workout, I didn't do all the lunges, or all the abs, but did everything else (with much lighter weight than Cathe of course.) I'm just so excited by this workout, and this board - I probably sound like a goof ramblimg on here :)

You don't sound goofy at all! I've been doing the step portion with legs and upper body since I don't have alot of time to work out and I think it is one of the best Cathe tapes. I haven't liked the new series that much with all the chit chatting and whooping and I like that the other ladies in Body Max don't look like they spend all day in a gym (something that very few of us can really do). It's just a no-nonsense work out!

I think many of us here don't talk about BodyMax because it has been out for awhile. I have all Cathe's DVD's and this is not my favorite. I must say I like the music though. I just did BM yesterday and it was much easier than I remember it being. I guess that is from doing IMAX many times!!

Maverick, do you have any other Cathe tapes? It is easy to like Body Max if you only have two or three.....

Janice

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.