Body Beast?

aloxx

Cathlete
Hi there,
I don't typically post anything here, but enjoy reading through the threads. I wanted to ask some opinions of people here. I am looking to gain muscle in my upper body. When I saw beachbody was coming out with Body Beast, I was planning to purchase it. Now that I'm looking at the promo clips, it seems only geared toward men. I'm wondering if the instructor will drive me insane focusing only on men throughout the program. Any thoughts on this program, and specifically its use by women looking to gain muscle?

Thanks so much!
Alicia

I ordered and received mine yesterday. I haven't tried any of the workouts but have previewed 4 workouts and I'm completely excited about the program!
My goal is to gain muscle. I'm not at all concerned I will bulk like a man.;)

There is a review thread posted on the VF with breakdowns to several workouts.
Review Body Beast is here!!! - Video Fitness Forum

There are two rotations to follow, lean beast and huge beast.
I'm going to start out with lean beast tomorrow, and then try huge beast during the winter months.

Thanks so much! I wasn't sure how the instructor would be with it all geared toward men; in the promo it seemed like he was doing a lot of yelling and growling or something. :) But if you previewed and it looks good, I think I'll give it a try. I need to build my upper body strength and size, and it looks like this might be the program to help me with that. I'd love to hear your thoughts after you try a few of the workouts. Thanks!!

I went to the Beachbody site, but didn't see Body Beast. Can someone tell me where I can view some clips, etc? TIA!

I ordered it today as well! My e-mail said that it will ship within 24 hours, and I'll have it in 2-5 days. Thanks so much Fit 44 for the link to the reviews. I can't wait to get started!

I don't know the instructor, but it kinda looks like he might of had some help from steroids to look the way he does.

I posted some clips in the VF thread for those who are interested.
I did chest/tris this morning and it was a tough workout! I loved every minute of it.:D Sagi is a wonderful trainer, very motivating with impeccable form. I like him better than Tony Horton.
If you like STS, you're going to love this series.
It is marketed to men for sure. Sagi mentions how this is not a girly workout or for Barbie's. I wasn't offended....no pink dumbbells here, only serious strength training.;)

This looks really interesting, but I can't seem to find out where to order, or how much it costs.

Did you order from a coach? or the on-line site?

Thanks,
Debbie Russo

It does look interesting, and I'm having the same problem. I can't find where to order it or see a price either. Hurry, let us in on the fun!:D:D:D

I've already ordered my copy and it should be here within the next few days. To me this workout should compliment STS pefectly as I plan on doing another STS rotation after Body Beast for maximum results.

For some reason I doubt Cathe is going to create a direct sequel to STS anytime soon because of the huge time commitment and she probably feels that it's not really needed at this point. I can live with that. Another Slow and Heavy video, however, would be fantastic and I would pre-order that in heart beat.

I've already ordered my copy and it should be here within the next few days. To me this workout should compliment STS pefectly as I plan on doing another STS rotation after Body Beast for maximum results.

I want to do this too! I would love to gain some muscle over the next year. I'm thinking I'll rotate... Beast, STS, Total Body rotation, Beast, STS.

So far I have done a few Body Beast workouts and so far I really like it. It's not quite as well put together as Cathe's STS (there is a little too much awkward camera movement and it's not nearly as comprehensive), however, It's definitely a nice change of pace and as they say variety is the spice of life. I just received the two new Cathe workouts, Crossfire and To the Max. Since I am currently doing the Body Beast rotation, I think I am going to sub in those two workouts in lieu of the Body Beast cardio.

I just received Body Beast and let me tell you, these workouts are no joke!:eek: So far I have done four of the workouts and they are tough, tough, tough! I have to say they are right up my alley!!!!:D:D

Hello everyone :)

I have a question for those who have done this program. How is it different than STS? What results have you obtained?

My DH was looking at this program to obtain some helpful training tips to utilize at the gym, as he would like to significantly put on 10lbs or more of muscle mass. Of course, he is very skeptical of home exercise programs :rolleyes:. He basically thinks it's all a scam, but looking at the program and the trainer (who is pleasantly "huge & ripped" -- in his words, not mine) he is wondering if it *might* be worth it. I have STS, and I think that will give him results, but for some reason he thinks the program is just for women :confused:.

Please & thanks!

Natasha

DH and I just started this program yesterday. I bought it specifically for DH as he can stand to gain some upper body mass just like your DH.

Differs from STS in that you don't test 1RepMax, so you have to pick up a weight that properly challenges you. There are three phases, but not laid out as endurance, hypertrophy and strength. We just started so I'm not sure how the Beast program works, but do know the last phase is a cutting phase.

Speaking of that, one HUGE difference between the two programs is the emphasis on nutrition in the Beast. The book that comes with the program barely talks about the workouts at all but is almost purely focussed on the eating plan. As Sagi points out, properly fueling your muscle growth makes a huge difference. Since I'm not trying to become a huge beast, I am somewhat modifying for myself, but staying with the spirit of the eating plan in order to make DH's program run smoother.

I am pretty sure that for $100 this is going to be an excellent program. Even though it is geared towards men, it will be fine for women, too. After all, many, many DVD programs are geared towards women, but men find them useful as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.