Body Beast and Petite Women

Ivy

Cathlete
I am 5'2 on a good day and depending on the weight program I can begin to look like a mini mac truck I like a strong, lean look more along the lines of Jillian Michaels ( I think she's my height). I also tend to hold onto water weight so my question is for the more petite women who have done Body Beast. Did you come out with a lean strong toned look and if so how much cardio did you do with the program?

Thanks

I am only a bit over five feet. I try to do some kind of cardio almost every day, but I take one day off a week. Does anybody know when the new Cathe Calendar will come out? I try to do 45 minutes or a little over of cardio.

Thanks, I feel that I usually have to do cardio at least 3 times a week but I know some weight lifting programs also have an aerobic effect, that's why I was wondering if anyone has done this program and were successful, how much cardio did they add in?

I just go by how my clothes fit, and I wear anything from a 0 to 4. Before my workout today, I was bad, and I made banana pancakes.

Ivy,

I'm petite as well and body beast gave me more of a musclular than a lean look-even doing lean beast. During bb I considered the leg workout cardio since my heart rate was elevated most of the time. So you have that plus the metabolic workout each week for some cardio. You could easily add in another session of cardio-maybe hiit-after shoulders if you want more cardio. A lot depends on your goal.

Beth

Thank you Beth for your reply, did you keep to just the cardio suggested in the program? Also, did you find that your clothes actually fit better or did they get tighter on you?

Thank you Beth for your reply, did you keep to just the cardio suggested in the program? Also, did you find that your clothes actually fit better or did they get tighter on you?
I did the lean program as written. The only muscle that made my clothes a little tighter was my quadriceps. Everything else just looked more toned. Of course that was during the summer and I was wearing short sleeve shirts-and it felt like my biceps were bigger!
Beth

Are you still seeing the results now Beth or have they faded somewhat? I have nothing against looking toned and tight.

Are you still seeing the results now Beth or have they faded somewhat? I have nothing against looking toned and tight.
Well....I started back up in Sept., but hurt my left rotator cuff. So now I've been doing walking and doing lower body only for about 6 weeks-after a rest period. I haven't gained any weight-actually lost some after body beast which I think may have been any small amount of muscle I put on. So I'm kind of back to square one and am waiting for my shoulder to fully heal before getting back to upper body weights. I will tell you, that I am not going to try to go as heavy as possible anymore. I plan to continue lifting and will mix up the splits, but don't want any more injuries. I'm looking at maintaining now.

Hope this helps,

Beth

I hope you stay injury free and just the fact that your going to do a second round sounds like its probably a good program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.