Blizzard '09

lindsey

Cathlete
So we are having a full fledged Blizzard here in Iowa.

Anyone else having icky weather?

I got my GS Chest and Triceps workout in early at least :)

Below zero in CO

Hi Lindsey,

Oh my gosh, we are having pretty horrible weather here in CO. It hasn't been even close to freezing for weeks. Tonight it will drop down to at least 10 below!! We've already had four snow days (yeahhh!!) since October. Plus several delays. ALL of the schools, churches, and lots of businesses closed. The "high" today was 3!

We live at 7800 feet so when they say 4-6 inches in Colorado Springs, we KNOW that up here in Monument will be closer to 8-10. My husband's company down in Pueblo had an early release today which they rarely do. It's going to get to 20 below down there tonight! Yikes!!

I just went out to get the mail and my face was frozen in that short time.

Sharin' your pain Snow-Sista!

Pam

Hi Lindsey,

Oh my gosh, we are having pretty horrible weather here in CO. It hasn't been even close to freezing for weeks. Tonight it will drop down to at least 10 below!! We've already had four snow days (yeahhh!!) since October. Plus several delays. ALL of the schools, churches, and lots of businesses closed. The "high" today was 3!

We live at 7800 feet so when they say 4-6 inches in Colorado Springs, we KNOW that up here in Monument will be closer to 8-10. My husband's company down in Pueblo had an early release today which they rarely do. It's going to get to 20 below down there tonight! Yikes!!

I just went out to get the mail and my face was frozen in that short time.

Sharin' your pain Snow-Sista!

Pam
Hi Pam!

It looks like we are dealing with the same system thats going through much of the country! We got out at noon today and I assume we will be having our first snow day tomorrow. I can't imagine having 4 already this year!

They are forecasting 8-12 inches here...which is more than usual. I think the record in one day in December was 1888 with 18 inches. They say it might even hit that in some places! Wow....

Stay Warm!!!

One of my co-workers said that the blizzard you all are having is headed my way - Maryland. It is suppose to get here on Sunday.

I hope not.

18 inches- wow!

Hi Lindsey!

Yowza, 18 inches! That's pretty big. Is it the light fluffy stuff or the nasty wet stuff? It's funny to me that up in the "real mountains" here, they got over 5 feet of snow!! That's pretty scary to me since I'm only 5 feet tall! We had a pretty nasty three-ish day blizzard a couple years ago- we were actually housebound for four days. The plows couldn't even get out here. I'm praying it doesn't get the crazy again this year!

You enjoy your snow-time and bundle up! My son and I made Christmas cookies this year. They are in the Spongebob theme- our favorite cartoon to snuggle up with and watch together!

Happy Holidays!
Pam

So we are having a full fledged Blizzard here in Iowa.

Anyone else having icky weather?

I got my GS Chest and Triceps workout in early at least :)

I'm in Iowa, too!! It looks like it's getting really nasty already and the wind hasn't really even started yet. They said that historically it's been 20-30 years since we've seen a storm that is going to impact us like this.

I'm looking forward to cuddling up by the fire tonight with a glass of wine...while hoping that they close the office tomorrrow!

Hi beskinny,

I'll pray for a wonderful snow day for you tomorrow!! Prayin' they don't open our schools tomorrow. Scary cold!

Pam

Hey Iowa girls! I am in Iowa also! In Johnston, outside of Des Moines. Man is it bad here...I'm not working tomorrow, I hope your offices close. I'm sure schools will be closed!!

Waiting for it to come in here in the Northeast. Already told my office not to expect me. Yeh for snow day.

Oh, man, can you keep it over there? Or send it further north or even south? Just don't send it my way! (RI)

Please please PLEASE don't let us get hit with a blizzard!

It is so great to see other Iowans on here!

shelsmaha - I actually live just south of Johnston on Merle Hay. We go to the Hyvee there...hehe. Small world!

Reading about those inches makes me feel much better about our weather in Kansas City right now. It's been yucky all day...and we are getting the 25-35 mile and hour wind tomorrow. I just heard the low is going to be -2 Thursday. Winter is here....

It's a good one

The storm blew out of Flagstaff, Arizona this morning. We had 24 hours of snow and wind adding up to about 18 inches of snow.Electricity went out for awhile last night and it was too windy to keep the woodstove going. Brr
School is still cancelled for tomorrow. Third day in a row so the kids are having a blast.
gabriella

I am in upstate NY and I woke up this a.m to quite a lot of snow and it is still snowing. I was surprised to find the guy plowing our driveway. There is at least 5 inches and still more coming. Are we getting a blizzard on Sunday?!

I'm in central NY and we have a snow day! The wind is worse than the snow right now. It is sleeting out as I type. I don't want to set foot outside.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.