Blast from the past! Body Max - the original

Debinmi

Cathlete
Years and years ago this was a Saturday morning mainstay for my sister & me. .. we'd do the step aerobics, skip the power circuits (cuz Leg Day was Sunday) and then do the Upper Body & Core sections. I've done the UB in the past few years when needing a short UB workout, but not the rest. Yesterday I did the step aerobics & power circuits ... whoo! The power circuits are kinda "I- MAX-ish" with simpler step choreography & one leg exercise (endurance based so quite a few reps) attached to each cycle. It was fun for a change of pace ( of course I modified to lower impact). It's been fun & interesting doing some of these older workouts.

I’ve never done the original Body Max but I’ve done Body Max 2 in its entirety a few times and the step routines as stand alone cardio as well.

looking back I’ve had a few Saturday morning mainstay workouts too. Cardio Core Circuit and Cardio Slam are 2 that come to mind. Speaking of Cardio Core Circuit, I actually did it this morning, wore my knee brace and was careful but got a great workout!

We used to do BM2 a lot when it 1st came out, but not in a long while ... may have to dust it off and plug that one in too since I've been on a nostalgia kick. I have my sights on CTX Power Circuits in February.

There is so much gold to mine in the older videos. I don’t think we knew what we had. The content now is amazing — and the same, but different. The older stuff feels a little more wild and free to me, though. More like a party than “work”. I think that’s why I like doing them again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.