Bikini Yuk!!

april71rn

Cathlete
I have been feeling really good about myself and so strong since doing STS. I'm almost finished with meso 3!! I feel like I'm in really great shape now, but I tried on bathing suits and I was disgusted! I know dressing room lights and mirrors are ruthless, but those 3 way mirrors showed parts of me I haven't seen in a while! I felt so upset that I guess I don't look quite as good as I thought I did. At least not from the back. I know I'm not fat, just not as "tight" as I feel!!

I have been feeling really good about myself and so strong since doing STS. I'm almost finished with meso 3!! I feel like I'm in really great shape now, but I tried on bathing suits and I was disgusted! I know dressing room lights and mirrors are ruthless, but those 3 way mirrors showed parts of me I haven't seen in a while! I felt so upset that I guess I don't look quite as good as I thought I did. At least not from the back. I know I'm not fat, just not as "tight" as I feel!!

I know what you mean! I have been exercising forever and I think I look pretty good for having 5 kids, but boy everytime I go to kohls I look like crap, you would think they would want you to look good so you could purchase more stuff. I'ts so weird, same with my face some mirrors make me look flawless and some make me look like crap.

Lourdes

I hear you ladies! I went to Kohls the other day and tried on several things and just wanted to go throw myself under a truck afterwards. You would think these department stores would wise up and invest in some more flattering lighting. I always remind myself that no one looks good under that harsh light, but I've been depressed all week about it. :(

I refuse to try on clothes in the store, under their lighting! I always take the stuff home and return what I don't like.
If I look bad, I don't want to know about it. :eek::eek:

Oh, dear. Ladies, don't you know that shopping at stores with harsh lighting is a big no-no?? I'm sure you'll look great in natural light. The sun is not as cruel as those awful florescent lights in some dressing rooms.

Even at my most fit, I can't stand wearing bikinis. I just hate having my tummy exposed and feeling like I'm worrying about it the entire time.

I Know!! **SIGH**:confused:

Wouldn't it make more sense for stores to use lighting that made us look great so we would buy more clothes?

Two words for the bathing suit blues...board shorts. They're hip, sporty, cover all the right places and you can wear them in and out of the water.

I agree!

Two words for the bathing suit blues...board shorts. They're hip, sporty, cover all the right places and you can wear them in and out of the water.

I love board shorts! They cover my worst areas and they protect from sun, sand, and jellyfish stings (oh, and also from boogie board rash)!

Ugg, i know what you mean. I don't try them on anymore either, just take em home and return them. FWIW, bathings suits always seem to look better with somewhat of a tan, at least for me.

What I try to remember is that every clothing manufacturer runs differently. I wear a size 2 in JCrew but a size 4 at the Gap, . . and if I even think of shopping for those snazzy low rise jeans I'm a size 28 which is equivilent ot a size 8. In true What Not To Wear fashion certain styles just look better on certain body shapes try not to get bogged down by the number on the tag. There are many a times when I try something on that I KNOW only looks good on the hanger but I desperately want it to look good on me so I try it on anyway. Glutton for punishment I am. I may not look so smokin hot in a itsey bitsey string bikini but I hold my head high and confident in my Jcrew halter tankini. Remember those store displays are a size 0 - 2 sometimes with a 22 inch waist (used to work in merchandising).

Wendy
From someone who will never have a tan it is a sad truth. :D
For me I think the most unflattering swimsuit is what I call the paris Hilton suit. You know the one that might as well be a bikini but is attached either on the sides but mostly down the middle. I have wanted one of these forever. When I finally tried one on I realized if you have an oz. of fat on you any hole or opening on this suit accentuates it. They are a horrible thing.

Being a pale part irish girl I am not much for exposing myself to the sun anyway!:D

What I try to remember is that every clothing manufacturer runs differently. I wear a size 2 in JCrew but a size 4 at the Gap, . . and if I even think of shopping for those snazzy low rise jeans I'm a size 28 which is equivilent ot a size 8. In true What Not To Wear fashion certain styles just look better on certain body shapes try not to get bogged down by the number on the tag. There are many a times when I try something on that I KNOW only looks good on the hanger but I desperately want it to look good on me so I try it on anyway. Glutton for punishment I am. I may not look so smokin hot in a itsey bitsey string bikini but I hold my head high and confident in my Jcrew halter tankini. Remember those store displays are a size 0 - 2 sometimes with a 22 inch waist (used to work in merchandising).

That demonstrates how different body types can be. My clothes from the Gap are always a smaller size than my clothes from J. Crew.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.