Bikini Countdown 4/22

brenda21

Cathlete
Good morning everyone~

Yesterday was hectic and the weather was beautiful so we tried to stay outside as much as we could.

Tues I ended up doing HIIT to Cathe's Imax 1 using the jumping segment repeated 10xs twice - I had time during long naps and felt really good. Then I threw in ME. Judy, was it you who did all the abs on the ball in PUB? I HATE those! I have such a hard time keeping my balance and they are toughx( - good for you!

Yesterday I did a short HIIT and then tried to follow a "PHAT Burning" weight workout I saw in M&FHers November issue but didn't like it (Peripheral Heart Action Training)- too busy, too much moving, not enough direction for reps.

Today I'm going to do S&H chest/back.

CinDee, I got a Polar A3 heart monitor to see if I'm getting where I should go so I'll let you know- still trying to figure everything out.

Hello Susan and welcome- hope to hear from you again:) !

Trevor, now that we know you're out there you may have to post as a regular!

Big hellos to Sabine (are you relaxing?), Pinky, Tracy, Lori, Shywolf, Lisa (hope all works out w/the boys), Joy and Kim.

Check in later-

Brenda

BTW, good news, Carrick is now officially potty trained, bad news is we got another puppy last weekend:-( . I swear, one step forward, two steps back...

Edited to add: Bikini isn't an article of clothing, its a state of mind;-) !

Hello Brenda,
This morning I did Legs and Glutes leg press mania. It was the first time I tried that premix. It was a really good workout. I used a 20lb barbell for all those step ups! I'm going to do that workout at least once a week. I was thinking about adding in S&H, but some parts of my DVD got scratched so... I'm not sure what to do about that. I've never done a rotation before since I dont know the reason for them. I'm in pretty good shape so I have always done whatever workout I felt like at the time.

Speaking of potty training, I am still having difficulties with my son during the night. He's FOUR and has to wear a diaper to bed. Any suggestions?
Susan C.M.

I'm back home!

Good Morning everyone,

I got back home yesterday around 5 pm. I had a wonderful visit with my family and got to enjoy some real down time. Brenda, to answer your question regarding the bluffs, my parents own a vacation home on the northern Califoria coast about 2 1/2 hours north of San Francisco. The coast line is fairly roughed with large rocks in the water, bluffs, and some sand beaches interspered here and there. The little town where the house is is called the Sea Ranch. Most days I would get up around 7 am (late for me, I'm typically an early riser) and would go for about a 2-3 mile walk with my parents. Then I'd work out after breakfast to a video. Later in the day I might go swimming at the rec center or out for another walk with either my parents or with my sister and her dogs. It's just very relaxing to be up there and not have to deal with the day to day hassles.

So my week's had to be modified from the April rotation since I was away from home for the first part. Here's what I've done so far.

Monday- Step Max. My mom was floored when she say me doing this workout. She thought it was so advanced. I didn't have the heart to tell her from a choreography stand point this is one of Cathe's easier workouts.
Tuesday- Kathy Smith Timesaver To Lift Weights (the first one). A pretty good endurance workout using light weights.
Wednesday- Wound up taking it off. I helped Mom move some furniture around in the AM. Then had to pack things up to drive home. I got hoome around 5 and was beat. Turned in early to get some energy for Thursday.
Today- CIA 2305 Hi/Lo to the Max with Donna Read. Quite fun! Had some mini interval blasts thrown in after some hi/lo segments.

Since I've been gone I feel like I've missed out on a bunch of stuff and will try to 'catch up' over the next couple of days. While I loved getting away I also am looking forward to getting back to my usual routine (okay, maybe not getting up at 5 to workout;-) ).

Big hellos to everyone!!!!!

Hello everyone!

Sabine, it's good to have you back. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and still got in some good workouts. Your comment about you mom and Step Max reminds me of one time when I was doing yoga when my parents were visiting. I was in down dog, and my mom saw me and said, "how do you get yourself in that position?" I guess she was thinking I started standing up.

Susan, regarding your son, sometimes it just takes longer for some kids during the night. I don't think that he's all that unusual. When was he pottytrained during the day? My two boys were very different. My older son was potty trained during the day right around his 3rd birthday. About two weeks later, he refused to wear anything other than underpants to bed. He wet the bed about once every week and a half to two weeks for a while (maybe as long as six months--it was seven years ago, so I don't remember too well). My youngest was potty trained during the day a couple of months before turning 3, but wore pull ups to bed for a long time afterwards; I think close to a year. Other people may disagree, but outside of making sure he doesn't drink too close to bedtime, and making sure he pees right before bed, I don't think you can do much besides wait it out.

Brenda, congrats to you on both the potty training and the puppy!

Last night I did most of Janis Saffell's Strike Zone kickboxing workout (didn't have time for all of it). I really, really like it. It's not as intense cardiowise as Cathe's kickboxing, but it may be better sculpting wise, IMHO, and it was perfect after a long day at work. This morning I did Core Foundations again. I think I'm going to do the following circuit for 3-4 weeks: Core Foundations 3x a week, kickboxing (JS or Cathe) 2x a week, C&W or another circuit training workout, 1x per week, rest/stretching/yoga/pilates the last day. I know it's extremely light on strength, but I don't know, I just want to try it.

Sorry this is long! Hellos to Elizabeth, Shywolf, Tracy, Joy, Judy, Pinky, Kim and CinDee and anyone I missed. Joy, I hope things are going okay.

Hello All!

Been away for awhile. I had my LASIK surgery last Thurs and the improvement in my eyesight is nothing short of miraculous! I was 20/600+ and now am about much closer to 20/20. From what I understand, the worse your sight the longer the recovery and my eyes will continue to improve over the next couple of months. I've had to wear these goggles to bed so I won't accidentally rub my eyes for a couple of weeks. It's quite comical- they remind DH and me of the goofy clone in the movie *Multiplicity* with Michael Keaton. I absolutely love the results- I'm literally looking at the world with new eyes!
Lisa, I want to thank-you for your thoughts about my upcoming surgery a few weeks ago. I also had a really nice lady from this board (Hi Patti from Michigan!) who emailed me and gave me some great advice and insight (no pun intended) into her LASIK experience.

I'm working out with mods and today I was going to do IMAX2 1-5 but felt really tired so I'm going to take my dog Belle for a nice walk around the neighborhood in a few minutes.

Sabine- glad you had a great time and you're back.

Lisa- your new rotation looks good. I think the core foundations and yoga will provide some really good gentler strength and flexibility training and it's good to shake things up a bit. Our tastes and needs change and our body will let us know. Let me know how you're enjoying it. Hope you and Michael are feeling better.

Hellos to everyone else.

Elizabeth

Hi Gang,
I just dropped by to say hello and tell you that i'm reading all of your (plural) adventures with interest. And thank you for remebering me.

I'm still taking it easy and finding time for yoga. I did have a session with Christie yesterday (hi/lo happy hour)

-joy

"Bikini" is a state of mind! That's probably why I'm more comfortable in a foreign country in one!

Today was simply the CTX upper body split. Last night DH and I did Spinervals, but after about one hour my stomach knotted up and didn't unknot until about 1:30 am this morning. It was really painful, but I feel better today. I just think my immune system is fighting something without going into full-blown symptoms since I feel basically okay.

Susan, my youngest is 7 and still wets at night. His doctor said it's because he's tall with a small bladdar and not to worry about it for a couple of more years. He's totally fine if he's awake...he just doesn't wake up to pee.

Sabine, sounds like you had a nice time with your family and that Mom was supportive of your workouts (?). What a beautiful place to visit.

Elizabeth, congrats on your surgery. BTW, DH and I love "Multiplicity"...especially the goofy clone! I'm laughing just picturing the character with the boot on his head and the goggles! "I like pizza. Get me some pizza. I LIKE it!" I have a feeling I'm cracking myself up in this party of one.

Hey to everyone else. Have a great evening and "see" you tomorrow.

CinDee

CinDee-

YOU'RE cracking me up here!:7 Thanks for the laugh, the smile and the good thoughts.

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. Ouch! Your poor stomach!! Sending you healthy thoughts and a cyber-hug... Take care!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, congrats on the new peepers- everyone I know who has had it done thinks its great to be able to see. My husband got his done and actually said the sweetest thing when I asked him why he would do it and he said it would be nice, after all these years, to be able to actually "see" me last thing at night and first thing in the morning.

I'm still suffering w/the contacts however and am getting blind as a bat...

Sabine, glad you're home safe and sound- it sounds like a really nice time w/your folks and sister. The bluff seems like a beautiful place to be.

Good night to all out there- I'll "see" you all in the a.m. although Elizabeth will be seeing better than me!

:)

Thanks Brenda!

It IS so nice to be able to see my alarm clock and DH's handsome face in the morning, tho' at this moment he's looking back at the *goofy* clone...:7 And awwww... your hubby is SO sweet! How is your HIIT coming along? Sounds like you're having some good success with it. Please keep us posted. Have a great remainder of the evening!

Elizabeth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.