Bikini Countdown 4/16

brenda21

Cathlete
Good Morning everyone~

Yesterday was busy so I didn't get to see how everyone was doing- the weather is finally getting warmer so the kids can all go outside. Spring break won't be a total wash this year.

Wed I ended up doing the first half of IMAX1 for heartrate and moved onto S&H legs and ab work. Yesterday was HIIT using the cardio segments from BootCamp x 2, then S&H Chest/Back. Today may just be S&H biceps/triceps and abs.

I actually was feeling fine until I went to stretch this a.m. by lifting my arms over my head (not exercise stretch, real yawning stretch) and hurt something in my upper back. Has this happened to anyone? I've also hurt myself trying on clothes before - moving in some bizarre way and suddenly look like I belong in I Love Lucy.

CinDee, doing HIIT today? How many days left before vacation?

Joy, vent here if you need to- that's what we're here for.

Sabine, do you leave today for spring break? If yes, have a great time!

Shywolf, I feel the same way about Imax1- I think since its more serious and less "dancey" it almost does seem easier if that's possible.

I gave myself till today to have all laundry and winter clothes put away (neatly) so I have lots to do. I'm going to go stretch out my kinks before I get started...

Hellos to Kim, Lisa, Lori, Judy, Tracy, Elizabeth & Pinky and all others out there.

Brenda

Hello's to everyone!
Yeah Friday :D . I always look so forward to the weekends. I actually went to my body bar class last night even though it's my TOTM. At first I was thinking it was a bad idea but after 15 mins I was glad I was there. Tonight is a free night for me. Tomorrow will be the body bar class again and I'll be off on Sunday. My eating has been pretty good considering TOTM I usually eat everything in sight. A while ago I posted something about falling asleep on the couch and when I wake up I desperately need something sweet and I don't care what it is. I've been pretty good at not doing that. If I don't lay down in the evening while watching TV I won't fall asleep so then I don't have that problem. I'd just like to say that when I read everyones posts about what Cathe workouts you're doing I am always so impressed and in awe. I don't have alot of the newer workouts because I go to the gym now but I know the one's I do have are tough and I bet the ones that you guys do I bet are buttkickers (if that's a word)too. I wish I had the energy that Cathe and all of you guys do. I hope that didn't sound corny but I think that by reading what you guys are doing always keeps me motivated to go to the gym. Thanks. Sorry this turned out to be so long. Somedays I think I could write a book on here. Well, everyone have a great weekend.
Kim

Thank goodness it's Friday!

And the start of my Spring break. I worked out early this morning and am currently doing some laundry and some house cleaning so when I return from being away the house doesn't look and feel like a total wreck.

Last night I was really tight from Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders and did PM Yoga with Patricia Walden to stretch out and unwind. Very nice way to end the day. Today was Slow and Heavy Chest and Back. I get how this series can totally creep up on someone. Last week I felt totally strong and this week doing all the workouts again, I felt strong and found it harder to concentrate than before. No wonder Cathe only recommends doing Slow and Heavy in 3 week rotations! The mental fry factor is pretty big.

I'm bringing my step platform, my Fanny Lifter (which is good for travel so I'm keeping it even though I know have a high step), some 8 and 5 # weights, and some videos to do while I'm at the vacation home. My mother in particular seems to want to sabotage my workouts and has taken to comments about me becoming anorexic to try to guilt me into not working out. It's starting to grate on my nerves and if she does it this trip, I'm going to have to have a talk with her about how lame I think those comments are and she really has no idea what she's talking about. Hopefully, she'll just leave it alone.

Great job with teh HIIT training Brenda! How long are you going with this workout pattern?

Kim- Fear not about length of post. I think I tend to babble on on almost a daily basis. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the gym workouts so much!

Joy- Yes, vent away as needed! I'm just glad to see you again and to hear how things are with you. That's great that you're enjoying the yoga and getting so much out of it.

I will have access to a computer a few times over the weekend. Will try to check in and keep up with everyone.

Have a great weekend.

Hey everyone. Yesterday ended up being a bust. When I got to the Y I felt dizzy and nauseous (TOTM) and helping in the hot swimming area didn't help (it's a homeschooling co-op so I help one hour and have one hour free). I ended up going outside, getting a peppermint tea at Starbucks, and just walking around. By evening I felt better, but I have church stuff on Thurs. nights (worship team) so I took the day off. I feel much better today.

My goal for the next two days is to do one upper body split, one lower body split, and two cardio (one being HIIT). I'll probably end up willing myself through that and then taking Sunday off (except for worship team...which surprisingly takes a lot of energy!). 27 days left to go!

Sabine, have a great spring break. Good for you to keep up with your workouts on vacation. My extended family makes little comments, too. That can be intimidating to me, but I just press on. I hope your mom just leaves it alone, too.

Brenda, I did the SS premix (2 rounds) and I am more sore today than yesterday. I did something to my shoulder...but I'm not sure what it was! It really hurts when I lift my arms up, too!

Joy, I pray today is better for you.

Shywolf, IMAX 2 is harder to me, too, but I like it more than IMAX 1. I haven't done IMAX 1 in months, to I'll have to try it again soon.

Hellos to everyone else...my son needs the computer!

CinDee

Hello everyone,
Thank you for the greetings, kind words and encouragement.

I managed to do PUB (up only) but I decided to do it as drop sets. I think that is what you call it when you keep the weight the same but reduce the number of reps with each set.

So since I hadn't done any lifting in a while, I chose my mid-weight.

Did okay except for the abs. I cannot seem to work my abs without getting my hip flexors too involved and causing discomfort - probably a great contributer to my hip/leg problems. So I didn't try to keep up with Cathe and crew which was okay. Then I did the yoga stretch from kv's yoga focus. I'm psyching myself up for Sunday when I plan to do the full happiness from Eoinn's PY4H.

See ya Monday (unless I got the Monday grumps in which case see ya later :p
-joy

hello to all!
We are back from visiting our daughter and looking at colleges for our son. We were in Boston. My oldest daughter is as student there, and had her brother and sister each for one overnight in her dorm. My son liked the schools there,but he will also look at other cities. He is still a junior, so we have a bit of time. We just needed to get a head start with him running Cross Counrty and playing High School Hockey.

I did manage to get in 4 good workouts this week:
Monday- TS legs/glutes/abs plus explosive lunges from L&G at home
Tuesday-OFF travel day and track meet in pouring cold rain!
Wed- back and biceps pyramid style abs & 30" HIIT running/fast walking on treadmnill (The HR monitor on the TM had me peaking at 184HR on running intervals)
Thurs-shoulders/floor leg work/abs & 30" HIIT like Wed.
Fri- 35" interval bike session (I was really sweating and had my heart rate close to mid 170's)& abs and a good stretch
Not bad for being in a hotel, plus we walked constantly!

Hope everyone is getting some nice spring weather now!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.