best workout pants for petites!!

smurfette

Cathlete
All right ladies, let us hear your opinion on what works best!!

I just saw myself that Nike offers different lengths for one of their workout pants. Has anyone tried these??

Thanks

Danna

Capris....those are you only saving grace......LOL! This is coming from a 5 foot ALMOST 1 incher...:) I've lost hope.:) Good Luck, I would love to see suggestions....

I just stick with shorts. By the time I'm through with the warm-up, I'm too warm for long pants anyway. Of course, if Nike is making them, I'm sure they're good quality.

I'm like you Donna - I stick with shorts! I do have some Addidas that I wear if I go to a gym (rarely) but I had to have them hemmed.
Capris do not look good on me at all.

Jo

I would love to find a pair of the boot cut workout pants for those of us who are 5'3"!! (but that don't cost an arm and a leg!)

Carpis just emphasize my salami-sized (and shaped!) calves - yech!

Susan L.G.

I actually love Old Navy yoga pants--I think the size smalls come a little shorter, b/c I'm 5'3" & they fit me perfectly. Also they cost like $12 which doesn't hurt. ;-)

I also really like KOS USA, you can get them on Sandiegofit.com, they seem to be just about the right length.

I'm 5'1'' and love the Massimo brand of bootcut workout pants (sold at Target). They are a little long until I wash them, then they are the perfect length. They fall over my shoes and end at the heel, so they aren't so long that I step on them. I hate wearing shorts, and don't like Capris at my height. Capris typically look too long on me to be an actual "capri" but too short to be regular pants. So I'm somewhere in between which looks like I plan to go clam digging sometime later in the day.

The girls from "what not to wear" made a good point about pants for shorter people --> they should always come down to your heel (no shorter) and be slightly wider at the bottom (ie, not tapered) if you have any hips at all (it helps to balance everything out). I try to always abide by these rules even when searching for workout clothes!

Shonie

Reebok also makes some bootcut workout pants in petite. I was lucky to find one pair at Marshall's for $16.99. Maybe you can search online?

I recently ordered the yoga pants from Victoria's Secret. They were on sale 2/$30. and came in short lenghts (I'm 5'2" too).

Anyway, hadn't tried them until this morning, as it is getting chilly in the basement. They were fab, although I can't imagine wearing them for a sweat intensive workout. Today, for MIS they felt great, and looked even better.

Tammy

Well, Altheta makes wonderful workout pants (as well as other items) that come in different lengths. But, they are a bit more than I am willing to spend on just workout clothes.

I usually just buy capris and call it a day. I scour stores like TJMaxx & Marshalls and can always find name brands at a good price. When I do I usually buy 2-3 pairs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.