Best home method for facial hair removal

Wow -- talk about fast delivery! You will find that the more you use it (or any device like the emjoi that doesn't just cut the hair, but pulls it out) the discomfort will become less. The hair root becomes weaker and is much easier to pull out. I have been using removal devices on my lower legs for decades (started with the Epilady). I now have very little hair left on my lower legs and what I do have is removed with no discomfort at all. The Epilady was way too painful for my upper legs, but I started those areas when I started with the emjoi as it works differently and wasn't as painful. The upper legs still pull with removal in some areas, but it's more of a discomfort in places than pain -- it gets better all the time.

With the facial threaders, is anyone trying the cheap knockoffs on eBay? Just wondering if they are as good as the one that costs more.

Hi,

I got mine yesterday too. It really works! I may have to tell my nail/wax person that she no longer has to do my lip. She won't be happy but I will! I will still have her do eyebrows though. I don't think I could manage that one with this tool. LOL. ..mm..or could I?

Nightowl, the one I got on Ebay is not an knockoff, it's the real thing. Same price too.

Now I can't wait for my Face LIft serum to arrive, ( from the Eye Cream thread). :)

Hi,

I got mine yesterday too. It really works! I may have to tell my nail/wax person that she no longer has to do my lip. She won't be happy but I will! I will still have her do eyebrows though. I don't think I could manage that one with this tool. LOL. ..mm..or could I?

Nightowl, the one I got on Ebay is not an knockoff, it's the real thing. Same price too.

Now I can't wait for my Face LIft serum to arrive, ( from the Eye Cream thread). :)

I still have my eyebrows waxed. I'm not sure there is enough fine control with this for doing eyebrows -- I would probably do myself a mischief:rolleyes:. I'm glad it's working for you!

Wow!! After reading this thread I ordered the Bellabe. Just got it today. I am really impressed with how well this works!!! I have light peach fuzz ( a lot of it) all over my face. My face is perfectly smooth and hair free after using this for just a few minutes.The upper lip hurt a bit, but I can get used to it.
I will feel so much more confident in sunlight!! Nancy, Thanks for the tip.:D:D:D:D:D:D

I recently started using the Tria hair remover system. It is a little slow to show results (you have to use it for quite a few months) . But if you can get over a few downsides, it seems to be doing the job.
jane

Wow!! After reading this thread I ordered the Bellabe. Just got it today. I am really impressed with how well this works!!! I have light peach fuzz ( a lot of it) all over my face. My face is perfectly smooth and hair free after using this for just a few minutes.The upper lip hurt a bit, but I can get used to it.
I will feel so much more confident in sunlight!! Nancy, Thanks for the tip.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wonderful! You're very welcome.:D

Nancy, thank you! You're a star! :D

Mine came from QVC the other day and I've been learning how to use it. It works really well and doesn't hurt at all.

Nancy, thank you! You're a star! :D

Mine came from QVC the other day and I've been learning how to use it. It works really well and doesn't hurt at all.

wow. you must have a high pain thresh-hold because mine does make my eyes water...or else I have a lot of hairs....but I did just have my face waxed a month ago.

Well, mine still hurts but I still think it is great because it works and I am glad that I got it.

wow. you must have a high pain thresh-hold because mine does make my eyes water...or else I have a lot of hairs....but I did just have my face waxed a month ago.

Well, mine still hurts but I still think it is great because it works and I am glad that I got it.

I only have a little peach fuzz on my face. Maybe that's why it doesn't hurt? I don't know, but it doesn't hurt me in the least.

Good luck with it!

yes I would also like to know if these cheaper ones work as well as my Bellabe( which was 15 bucks!)

Please let us know...it certainly does look shorter and that might make a difference...

I've checked on Amazon.com on these and the reviews are really good.

Besides, I can spend that much for nothing if it comes to that. It does come from Hong Kong. So it will be the first part of April before I get them. I've orderd items from Hong Kong before and was always very pleased with their products. That doesn't scare me at all.

I'll let you know how they do once I receive them.

Janie

Combine Italian hair with Irish skin and I totally hear you on the dark hair problem:rolleyes:. I use the Emjoi on most of my body, but use this on my face. I'm on my second one and have found it be really effective and does not leave any redness or soreness. I no longer do any waxing on my face:
Bellabe Facial Hair Remover Threader. Original Authentic USA Made
I use this as well. I got mine from Amazon.com.
I do put a thin layer of triple antibiotic ointment on the area after I'm done, to prevent infection (pulling hair out from the roots leaves an opening that bacteria can get in).

I don't have a lot of facial hair, but I hate having any, and this gets the fine, light-colored hairs around my mouth, though it takes a while to do it.

What to do, what to do? So I've been reviewing the price options and here's what it boils down to: Direct from Bellabe is $16.99/ea. or 2/$29.98 with free shipping for either; QVC is 2/$22.50 with $4.47 shipping; Amazon is $14.99/ea. with free shipping; Ebay is $15.99/ea. with $1.00 shipping. Then, of course, there are the copycats with very low prices. Janie, I'm hoping you'll post here as soon as you get yours and try it out.

I don't really need two so maybe Amazon is the way to go. Ah decisions, decisions. I'm anxious to get one.

Bam

I'm back after using the Bellabe for several days now. I have some comments that might help others.

First of all, you kind of have to learn how to "twirl" and "roll" at the same time. You also have to learn which direction works best for the area you're working on. You also sometimes learn that it might take moving it in both directions, back and forth.

Second, I am not so sure that the shorter one Janie ordered would work for me. I use the spring bent so that a large area of it touches my face. Not sure if that makes sense, but those of you who use it might know what I mean. If I didn't do it this way, it could take a LONG time to get all the hairs. Having that length to work with makes it easier and quicker.

I took Nancy's advice and started doing it while watching TV. After you've mastered the trick to doing it, you can really do it by how it feels. You don't need to look as often.

My face hasn't been this peach fuzz free in years! Thanks again for the recommendation, Nancy! :D

I'm back after using the Bellabe for several days now. I have some comments that might help others.

First of all, you kind of have to learn how to "twirl" and "roll" at the same time. You also have to learn which direction works best for the area you're working on. You also sometimes learn that it might take moving it in both directions, back and forth.

Second, I am not so sure that the shorter one Janie ordered would work for me. I use the spring bent so that a large area of it touches my face. Not sure if that makes sense, but those of you who use it might know what I mean. If I didn't do it this way, it could take a LONG time to get all the hairs. Having that length to work with makes it easier and quicker.

I took Nancy's advice and started doing it while watching TV. After you've mastered the trick to doing it, you can really do it by how it feels. You don't need to look as often.

My face hasn't been this peach fuzz free in years! Thanks again for the recommendation, Nancy! :D

I agree that I don't think the shorter ones would work for me. I think it would be awkward and not as efficient.

I use this as well. I got mine from Amazon.com.
I do put a thin layer of triple antibiotic ointment on the area after I'm done, to prevent infection (pulling hair out from the roots leaves an opening that bacteria can get in).

I don't have a lot of facial hair, but I hate having any, and this gets the fine, light-colored hairs around my mouth, though it takes a while to do it.

Now that you mention it, I think I started using this on your recommendation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.