Best home method for facial hair removal

BAM

Cathlete
I've been waxing any hairs popping up on my face (and yes, even the hairs on my chinny chin chin :)) for ages. :( We all have facial hair but on a lot of people they are very light. Unfortunately I've been blessed, *cough*, with the darker variety. Waxing does work but it does take time and can leave the area red but I've become used to it. I have the old epilady with the coils but it doesn't always grab a lot of the hairs on my face. I tried one of my niece's gadgets, (maybe emjoi?) but I didn't think it was grabbing some of those tougher, flatter hairs. Do you have any methods that work great for you and actually does remove ALL of the hairs with ease (if that's even possible)? I have had laser done in the past but it's not in my current budget. I also don't want to use the cream depilatories as I don't like the chemicals on my skin.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Bam

Great question. I don't care for the chemicals either, it leaves my skin red. The laser hair removal was only so good for so long. I tend to go with my trusty tweezers. But, if an emjoi would work, I would like to hear about it. I love my epilator for my legs. It works great. I look good for over a week and its growing in much finer. My epilator would be too big to put on my face and yes you are right, it doesn't get the tiniest hairs, so the light colored or shorter hairs would not come out with that. On my legs I don't mind, but on my face I would.

I hope some of the other ladies have some good ideas. I have tried the wax strips in the past but they hurt so bad I just can't bring myself to do it to my upper lip. I tend to use a combination of the depilatories and the tweezers (even though I hate the chemicals, stinky!).

Alisha

Great question! Has anyone tried the No No? I've heard that it works well if you use it regularly for six weeks, but I'd love to hear feedback from the Cathletes before I splurge (it's expensive).

Combine Italian hair with Irish skin and I totally hear you on the dark hair problem:rolleyes:. I use the Emjoi on most of my body, but use this on my face. I'm on my second one and have found it be really effective and does not leave any redness or soreness. I no longer do any waxing on my face:
Bellabe Facial Hair Remover Threader. Original Authentic USA Made

Nancy, thanks so much! This looks VERY interesting. How long have you been using it and how often do you have to do it? Is your hair growing in any thinner or finer? Does it really get all those little hairs that just don't want to disappear on all areas of your face? Sorry for the million questions but I's just gotst to know the details! :D I'm so excited and the price is right!

Thanks again!
Bam

Nancy, thanks so much! This looks VERY interesting. How long have you been using it and how often do you have to do it? Is your hair growing in any thinner or finer? Does it really get all those little hairs that just don't want to disappear on all areas of your face? Sorry for the million questions but I's just gotst to know the details! :D I'm so excited and the price is right!

Thanks again!
Bam

I just checked my receipts and I have been using this for 2.5 years. I hadn't realized it was that long! I use it every few weeks or so while sitting and watching television. It's hard to say whether the hair grows in any less/finer, as I was having some of the facial areas waxed for quite awhile before that. Other areas I'm now using this as a "new" thing. It's possible those areas are thinning out, but I can't say that definitively. This was recommended by others here on this board all that time ago, so I know I'm not the only user.

Hi,

I just got one on Ebay, ( same price as the original site, but easier for me to use)

This site has been costly to visit this week between this and the Eye Cream thread! ( which I started) :D

Thanks, Nancy! There are certainly plenty of good reviews on it. It seems that for some (uh, and that would be me :D), that there can be a learning curve on using it. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it as perhaps those that didn't like it, couldn't get the hang of it. I hope my dexterity is at its peak performance.

Thanks again.
Bam

Hi,

I just got one on Ebay, ( same price as the original site, but easier for me to use)

This site has been costly to visit this week between this and the Eye Cream thread! ( which I started) :D

Ah yes, this can be a VERY DANGEROUS site to be on! :D

Bam

I just bought one of these from Ebay too. It looks good and I hope it does work well.

I had my face waxed 3 weeks ago and had a bad reaction that lasted a week. My skin hurt and had breakouts. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

I just bought one of these from Ebay too. It looks good and I hope it does work well.

I had my face waxed 3 weeks ago and had a bad reaction that lasted a week. My skin hurt and had breakouts. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Waxing does the same thing to my face. It "burns" it and then the next day I have breakouts. Not sure why, but I'm done with the waxing. I have been using an epilator for a few years, but I'm curious to try the Bellabe coil. I just ordered a set of two from QVC. It was a little bit cheaper than the Bellabe site.

I know what you mean about the breakouts after waxing. I had that occasionally, too.

I really don't think you'll have any problem using it. I just hold the ends in each hand, bend it like a horseshoe and use my thumbs to twist the ends as I move across the area. I still use the emjoi on my neck, as the angle is better, but I use the Bellable all over on my face without any problem. It definitely gets the fine hairs that I didn't even know were there.

Good luck, everyone! Now I'm a little nervous that so many are taking my recommendation:eek:. But I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I know what you mean about the breakouts after waxing. I had that occasionally, too.

I really don't think you'll have any problem using it. I just hold the ends in each hand, bend it like a horseshoe and use my thumbs to twist the ends as I move across the area. I still use the emjoi on my neck, as the angle is better, but I use the Bellable all over on my face without any problem. It definitely gets the fine hairs that I didn't even know were there.

Good luck, everyone! Now I'm a little nervous that so many are taking my recommendation:eek:. But I don't think you'll be disappointed.

LOL Nancy. Ah, the pressure's on! Maybe I'll wait 'til everyone else gets theirs and hear the consensus before I get mine. Not that I don't trust you, mind you, but there's security in numbers! :D

The No No is a NO NO. I returned mine. It's awful. It just burns your hair and makes the room stink. Look at the reviews on HSN

Debbie

Please don't worry about this Nancy....I understand that not everything is for everyone...but honestly...I have never been steered wrong on this forum. I just appreciate hearing about this!

4 of my colleagues use silk'n sensepil and they have all had great results. it's an at home laser removal system. it's about $400-500. might want to check it out

I just got mine in the mail...the place I got it from ebay sure ships quickly! I tried it and it seems to work well. I am going to have to practice to get really good at turning the ends....but something I am definitely going to have to get used to is the pulling out of the hair....it is a bit uncomfortable...and brings light tears to my eyes,,,,but not too bad....but after all...I AM actually pulling hair out!!!!

What in the world did I expect???:eek::confused::eek:

I like it. I will probably end up getting some for my sisters...

Ooooh, Deb and Tracy, I'm so excited for you! Have you been practicing hard? I probably wouldn't stop until every possible hair on my face was gone. Of course if I got the hang of it, that is. OK, I have to hear every possible detail. I can't believe you got them so quickly. My concern is grabbing those baby fine hairs. I have these lovely light hairs near the outer corners of my eyes towards the temple and on the high end of my cheeckbone. Yep, lovely. I'm hoping this would get those.

Can't wait to hear more!

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.