best dvd player for cathe workouts

asianj

i'm about to get a dvd player but i want to get the best one for the cathe dvds which ones do you guys recommend-5 disk or a 3 disk dvd or any other suggestions would be good

im looking to get the best dvd player to do cathe dvd workouts

thanks

I have the Sony 5-disc changer, model number DVP-NC665. I love it. I can program it across multiple discs. You can find it at Sears & Best Buy for under $200. Or you may find it even cheaper online at www.vanns.com or www.crutchfield.com

This Sony 5-disc changer, it has a really neat feature called "Resume Playback". This lets the player 'remember' where you last stopped the DVD, so it starts playing again from that point the next time you use that DVD. It's very convenient, especially when you don't want to watch the FBI warning every time you insert your workout.

I have a 5-disc Pioneer DVD player (DV-C503). It also is playing all the DVDs with no problems. It also can be programmed across multiple discs and stores lots of chapters (not sure how many). It also has memory for where the DVD was set if I turn it off.

I posted a few months ago because I was having problems with my Toshiba 5 disc DVD player-- SNM replied that they recommended Sony. So I went out and bought a Sony 5 disc player and have not had any problems since. But I should be getting my BB DVD's tonight and will see if there are any issues.. For some reason the Toshiba was quirky and sometimes it would smoothly transition between segments and other times it would not.. So that was very frustrating because you don't want to have to stop in the middle of a workout.

Lisa?

Lisa I have the exact same model you have and the blender does not work on all of my BB. Does yours work on all of them?

RE: Lisa?

Hi! I am not Lisa but just would like to chime in. I have the same model as Lisa and the workout blender on Step, Jump and Pump would not work. I tried on the other dvd player and it worked fine.

Tanya

Kelley....

Kelley (I like the way you spell your name! :D ),

Have you tried the workout blender for the Body Blast series yet?

You just might have talked me into buying your model of DVD player. You deserve a commision!

Shelley

RE: Kelley....

Hi Shelley, I like your name also. This may sound corny, but as a little girl my friends and I used to like to change our names when we would play. My name was always Shelley. :)

Anyway, the workout blender seems to be working for all my DVDs. I also just did a little test to see if my DVD has memory for programmed workouts. I programmed in a workout, turned off the DVD player, turned it back on, and the same workout came on again. I tried switching to another DVD and then the workout again, but I lost the workout. I'm doing to dig out the book today and check this function out. There are 2 buttons called Memory and Conditioned Memory. I have no clue what they do, but I'm going to find out.

I have to tell ya'll when I programmed the workout I just listed whatever DVDs and chapters I wanted without knowing what they were. Here is what I got. The warmup and 1st chapter of Legs & Glutes, the first step chapter of Step, Jump, and Pump, and the beginning of Aliens. How funny is that?:eek:

You have me so excited about a DVD player...I can hardly stand it!

Lately, I've been hating shopping for things because I've had too many salespeople who have outright lied about their products. (I expect not many sales people would even know about the technology in Cathe's DVD's.) I can't think of a better way to know if a DVD player is good enough than to hear it from a Cathe-ite.

I wonder who, besides exercisers, would use the programming feature on a DVD????

Your "Aliens" story struck me as particularly funny because of how many posts there have been suggesting Cathe's stamina is a sign that she's an alien. :7

Shelley

Okay, I looked at the book. The Conditioned Memory is used for setting up audio functions, etc. for a certain disc. It will remember which audio functions you have selected (I never change these things) for up to, I think, 5 DVDs. Even if these DVDs are removed from the player, it will remember when loaded back in. I'll probably never use this function.

The Last Memory function could come in handy. For example, I want to do the warmup from Kick, Punch, and Crunch, insert something from another disc, and then go back to Kick, Punch, and Crunch. You press Last Memory after the warmup and the player remembers where you were on this particular disc. You can remove the disc, turn off the player, or go to another disc. You then come back to the original disc and press Last Memory again and it will resume play at the point where you stopped. Very nice feature if you don't want to use the Program feature.

The Program feature allows you to program a workup with, I think, up to 24 chapters. It will stay in memory even if the discs are removed. Of course the discs need to be put back in the same slots or you'll end up with a totally different workout. I don't use this function very often as it takes a lot of time to program a workout.

I hope all that helps.

RE: Lisa?

I have a Toshiba entry level single disc DVD that plays all the new DVDs and features(blender, etc.) just fine. The player did quit on me few months ago so Best Buy replaced it with the latest entry level model. I had the product replacement plan and I'm glad I bought it.I'm thinking the age of the player may be more important than the model in terms of being able to "read" the new DVDs.
Beth

RE: DVD player

I have a cheap Sylvania dual VCR/DVD. It was $139.00. It works fine for all of the workouts so far. I checked the BB series. Although I haven't played any of the workouts all the way through, everything seems to work fine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.